Enes Kanter: "The best acqusition since Kristaps Porzingis."
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/26/2017  4:30 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Paris907 wrote:If Enes is our second best player then it’s the main reason we are stuck in mediocrity. After the long road trip, many will Be griping. For those who take the time to look at advanced analytics, the combo of KP and Enes is really bad news. As New Yorkers, we love Enes lunch pail hard nose play and he’s glib. Yet the +/- and defense still an issue and he and KP don’t mesh statistically at all

Bonn brings up the same points and although I think there's merit there for sure, I choose to go the other way on him -- I look at the monster game yesterday and see a guy that kept the Knicks in it almost singlehandedly from start to finish (Lee had an impact game, but KP didn't, neither did Beasley who I agree with Briggs--he needs more shots, and still no THJ). I mean 31 & 22 fellas and look at how efficiently he goes about it.. That's insane to me. I can't look at the game he had yesterday, despite what some advanced stats might say, and think he was some kind of detriment out there. Anyone else feeling me on this? I think Kanter can definitely be part of a winning team.

Whatever the numbers say, i'm big on Kanter because his offensive efficiency is great and the amount of extra possessions he gets the Knicks on the offensive boards will be the difference between many wins and losses.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2017  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2017  4:55 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Paris907 wrote:If Enes is our second best player then it’s the main reason we are stuck in mediocrity. After the long road trip, many will Be griping. For those who take the time to look at advanced analytics, the combo of KP and Enes is really bad news. As New Yorkers, we love Enes lunch pail hard nose play and he’s glib. Yet the +/- and defense still an issue and he and KP don’t mesh statistically at all

Bonn brings up the same points and although I think there's merit there for sure, I choose to go the other way on him -- I look at the monster game yesterday and see a guy that kept the Knicks in it almost singlehandedly from start to finish (Lee had an impact game, but KP didn't, neither did Beasley who I agree with Briggs--he needs more shots, and still no THJ). I mean 31 & 22 fellas and look at how efficiently he goes about it.. That's insane to me. I can't look at the game he had yesterday, despite what some advanced stats might say, and think he was some kind of detriment out there. Anyone else feeling me on this? I think Kanter can definitely be part of a winning team.

Yeah I definitely haven't given up on the idea of keeping him long-term even on a high contract. I'm still undecided.
skoonix
Member: #5909

12/26/2017  8:26 PM
Kanter should stay. I am impressed with his gutsy play. That was a shame to lose that dog fight the other day but Enes did everything he personally could to keep us in that game - 31 points and 22 rebounds is a MONSTER GAME!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/26/2017  8:47 PM

Has not taken long for Kanter to become my favorite Knick on the roster.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/26/2017  9:44 PM
I think Kanter works here because he is playing alongside another, legit, 7 footer who is also an offensive threat. Opposing teams have a hard time guarding both KP and Kanter when they are on the floor together.

He is still a defensive liability but I would like the Knicks to hold on to him in hopes that he can overcome that deficiency over time.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2017  9:54 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Well, every player knows they're supposed to downplay their individual #s and talk about the team.
reub
Member: #6227

12/26/2017  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2017  10:50 PM
I love Kanter but we should trade him for assets and let Willy take his place.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/26/2017  11:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Well, every player knows they're supposed to downplay their individual #s and talk about the team.

Some of them make a huge stink about how much they "sacrifice" for the team that's paying them 25 Million a year. I'll take the dude that says "who cares" about my stats.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/26/2017  11:30 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Some players you feel are sincere and some you sense are just reciting the script. I think Kanter is sincere.
NardDogNation
Member: #5555

12/27/2017  1:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  1:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

People's obsession with tanking is crazy.

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.

Philly got that core because none of their draft picks could stay healthy. There is usually an uptick in a team's record the following season, after drafting a top lotto pick. Philly never had that because their picks were missing entire seasons, which allowed them (with some luck as well) to keep getting top lotto picks. Not the example to use.

Culture change starts with winning, not losing. Players, FAs, have to see that this franchise isnt a joke anymore. Winning, playoffs, will change that.

Culture change starts with an actual vision and philosophy. The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The Sixers on the other hand were well oiled-machine: acquiring lottery picks from other teams (i.e. the Pelicans 2013 lottery pick, the Pelicans 2014 lottery pick, the Lakers 2018 lottery pick, the Kings' 2017 and 2019 lottery picks) as well as unearthing assets (e.g. Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes) IN ADDITION to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Give me that over what we're doing any day.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/27/2017  5:37 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.

Philly got that core because none of their draft picks could stay healthy. There is usually an uptick in a team's record the following season, after drafting a top lotto pick. Philly never had that because their picks were missing entire seasons, which allowed them (with some luck as well) to keep getting top lotto picks. Not the example to use.

Culture change starts with winning, not losing. Players, FAs, have to see that this franchise isnt a joke anymore. Winning, playoffs, will change that.

Culture change starts with an actual vision and philosophy. The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The Sixers on the other hand were well oiled-machine: acquiring lottery picks from other teams (i.e. the Pelicans 2013 lottery pick, the Pelicans 2014 lottery pick, the Lakers 2018 lottery pick, the Kings' 2017 and 2019 lottery picks) as well as unearthing assets (e.g. Robert Covington and Richaun Holmes) IN ADDITION to Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons. Give me that over what we're doing any day.

Yep we won't be able to compete with Philly
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
12/27/2017  7:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2017  7:11 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

(Aside from his play) we can find other quotes that won me over if you prefer.

Said Kanter of the exchange with James: "He's a rookie. You call yourself 'King' or whatever. But you can't just mess with a rookie like that. If you're going to mess with [someone], go mess with the grown men. I'll die for my teammates. Whatever happens, I got my teammates' back because I see this team, this organization, like my family. Nobody is going to mess with it."

You ain’t coming into my house playing that water-bottle-flip game again. You know what I mean? I don’t care who you are. King – what do you call yourself? – King, queen, princess, whatever you are, you know what? We’re going to fight. And nobody out there going to punk us.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2017  10:07 AM
PhillySports.com is requiring a subscription for the content now. Would love to read this article. Pompey is very good at what he does.
T
By Keith Pompey
Even in defeat, Knicks center Enes Kanter outshined Joel Embiid at Madison Square Garden.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/27/2017  11:53 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Culture change starts with an actual vision and philosophy.
The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The fact that you don't understand what the vision is is more indicative of you not paying attention, not what the team is actually doing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/27/2017  1:00 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Yep we won't be able to compete with Philly
you might be the biggest baby here about this. WAAAAAA... Knicks wont tank like YOU want them to or trade KP like YOU want them too so there is NOOO WAYY we can compete with Phili and THIS IS THE WORST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!

Where was Draymond Green drafted? Where were Kawhi Leanard, Tony Parker and Manu Ginibili drafted? Avery Bradley? Was Jimmy Butler a lottery pick? Was Jokic a lottery pick? Hell a first rounder? How about Gary Harris? He's decent on that squad also.. Want to do this all day?

Seems you would prefer to wine about Noah's contract in every thread. Tanking doesnt accomplish anything but get you high picks. Where are Michael Carter Williams, Nerlens Noel, Jah Okafor.. hell Evan Turner for that matter. Now lets take into considering the effect that massive amount of losing has on your organization, your reputation, your fan base.. top to bottom.

Maximizing your losses in a lost year is one thing. I am not arguing the merits of winning 32 games vs. 22 games. There arent any. Knicks did a good job making this roster younger and better. Yes... THjr, McD, Kantor... these guys have hurt our draft position. This notion that its now over and we are mired in years of mediocrity is baby ****. Perry and Mills have done an excellent job taking to the good parts that Phil brought in and totally jettisoned the rest. They brought in team guys will to defend. We need more talent. We also need to develop what we have as Frank/KP for starters have massive upside still. Thats it. Lets these guys do their jobs. They are off to a good start. Can we give Perry/Mills a whole trip around the sun before we decide its hopeless?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
12/27/2017  1:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

NardDogNation... what is was your expectation? Jmpasq would have traded KP for picks and just started over. Phili has been terrible. You covet Embiid? My god.. imagine if the Knick had signed him to that contract after playing 30 NBA games in 4 years. You would be behind that? Carter Williams, OK4, Noel, Turner... can we PLEASE NOT duplicate anything Phili has done?

Perry's success model is going to be what he did with Dumar's Pistons. You might see a Rip Hamilton but he's going to look to build a long strong team that can shut you down. Pistons won a title. Was it via tanking? What team tanked their way to a title?

fishmike
USA
12/27/2017  1:24 PM
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

The Sixers had "The(ir) Process" but what is the Knicks' vision? What is their philosophy? Because right now our strategy appears to be little more than throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks, which is no different from the losing strategy we've always implored.

The fact that you don't understand what the vision is is more indicative of you not paying attention, not what the team is actually doing.

seeing is believing. They have been outspoken about rebuilding the team and playing a certain way. They have done everything they could in a short time to make that happen. Out go Phil, Melo, Rose... Jeff gets to do what he wants, players can be held accountable to defense and low and behold, the team moves the ball and plays defense.

Let these guys do their job. I Think the Pistons mold is the best. I said that before. Knicks can build a team around Frank and KP's defense. Now go get me a couple like guys like Prince or Ariza and lets grow this.

Perry may fail here. Cant say there isnt a plan though.

NardDogNation
Member: #5555

12/27/2017  1:47 PM
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Then articulate the vision for all of us that's blind to what is going on.

fishmike
USA
12/27/2017  1:51 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
martin wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Then articulate the vision for all of us that's blind to what is going on.

Hey look.... google "scott+perry+knicks+quotes"

https://www.google.com/search?q=scott+perry+knicks+quotes

and there are about 10 articles that pop up saying "Perry outlines his plans... etc"

Maybe just take it from the GM of the Knicks? What you are doing is called "willful denial"

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/27/2017  2:00 PM
fishmike wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

NardDogNation... what is was your expectation? Jmpasq would have traded KP for picks and just started over. Phili has been terrible. You covet Embiid? My god.. imagine if the Knick had signed him to that contract after playing 30 NBA games in 4 years. You would be behind that? Carter Williams, OK4, Noel, Turner... can we PLEASE NOT duplicate anything Phili has done?

Perry's success model is going to be what he did with Dumar's Pistons. You might see a Rip Hamilton but he's going to look to build a long strong team that can shut you down. Pistons won a title. Was it via tanking? What team tanked their way to a title?

I agree. This love fest people have with Philly's tanking process is head scratching, not to mention folks thinking that's the only way to build a winner. With Philly it's almost like the blind squirrel theory. Stay bad for 5 years and draft a bunch of players, a couple are bound to be good, though it hasn't worked out well for Sacramento.
Enes Kanter: "The best acqusition since Kristaps Porzingis."

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy