[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Enes Kanter: "The best acqusition since Kristaps Porzingis."
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/24/2017  12:36 PM
This is per Holden Walter-Warner of the Daily Knicks blog https://dailyknicks.com/2017/12/24/new-york-knicks-enes-kanter-best-acquisition-since-kristaps-porzingis/. I mean how true is that? I know it might cost us a decent amount of cheddar coming up but man, pay this guy eventually and keep him here!

Against DET: 22/16/3 on 11-17 FGs. Any coincidence this guy puts up his best game of the year, against Andre Drummond mind you--in his house, on a high number of FG attempts like that? Had to have been the most shots he's taken in a game as a Knick. And it was good enough to put us right there to win a game on the road with KP & Lee playing inefficent and w/o Timmy. I've been saying it since we got this dude -- GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL MORE!!!! I can almost guarantee you right now, with anything close to 17 shot attempts, you'll never see this dude turn in a 4-17 stinker. NEVER. Just too good an offensive player. And when you feed him often (think Amare showing the spoon feed me the ball gesture when he was hot in a game a few years ago -- man, would I love to see Enes do something like that eventually), the other elements of his game will only standout and shine as well (he's already a very good rebounder so the 16 boards is not surprising at all, but the 3 blocks is a little. But why is that? How did he come up with the 3 blocks? Because he's out there FULLY ENGAGED. Again, WAY too good an offensive player to ever get less than 10 shots up at the basket. We're just doing something wrong out there if this guy doesn't get 15 shots up a game minimum the rest of the way, even when Timmy gets back. This guy's got so much more to his game than what he's shown here and anyone who's watched him closely over the past few years will tell you that. This is a guy who's stood toe to toe with Anthony Davis and outplayed him. This is a guy who actually CAN SHOOT the ball WELL from mid-range, he just hasn't really shown that here. Rather, he hasn't been given the freedom to take those shots. A mistake imho. I mean, this dude was taking and making 3s toward the end of his stint in Utah!! I'm telling you all right now, with 15 shots a game, with his offensive repertoire, the way he can rebound the ball, etc., this dude's an all-star in the Eastern Conference year after year...not to mention a GREAT complement next to KP (all we'll really need is to come up with a better player than O'Quinn eventually. Maybe that's Willy? Maybe it's a lesser, no-name role player we come up with on the cheap somewhere, someone who's an even better scorer/rebounder/shot-blocker than KOQ -- maybe someone like Khem Birch? I mean it could be that simple. KP/Kanter/Willy/Khem Birch -- what else do we really need up front? Back to Kanter -- it's time to exploit and realize this guy's potential. Time to turn Kanter into a focal point out there!

Merry Christmas to all and your families!

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/24/2017  2:20 PM
I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/24/2017  2:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2017  2:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/24/2017  3:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:I know some people want to deal him because some are obsessed with future draft picks but kanter is great and has earned his keep as part of this core.

+376,879,712

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/24/2017  3:27 PM
This. Also, KP plays better next to a center that does the dirty work. Making the same mistake twice would be really dumb.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/24/2017  3:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Then trade this years pick to get rid of Noah. We need to get a superstar SF in here before Porzingis hits FA so either we need to tank hard or we need to shed salary to offer someone a fat deal

I don't think it would be smart but I bet Charlotte would take Noah and filler for Batuum's mammoth deal and I think the Knicks could get a pick or a player back as well.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/24/2017  7:41 PM
In my opinion Kanter is among the main reasons the Knicks are a few games above .500 instead of being one of the worst if not the worst teams in the NBA. Brings the toughness and leadership we have sorely lacked. Incredible rebounder, good scorer, and is giving effort on the defense.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/24/2017  7:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I don't think it would be smart but I bet Charlotte would take Noah and filler for Batuum's mammoth deal and I think the Knicks could get a pick or a player back as well.

Yeah, I like Batum, but not at his age and salary. The injuries are already an issue with him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq

12/24/2017  8:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Yeah, I like Batum, but not at his age and salary. The injuries are already an issue with him.

at least he would be useful Noah is pointless

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
12/24/2017  8:23 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

at least he would be useful Noah is pointless

He has 3? years left on his deal and I think the last year is 27 mil. They would have to include a pick or Monk to move him I would guess. I would ask for that even if Noah was included.
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/25/2017  12:04 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

People's obsession with tanking is crazy.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/25/2017  7:38 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

If you want to lose noah you can just stretch out his contract and get most of that money. No need to trade picks.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/25/2017  8:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

If you want to lose noah you can just stretch out his contract and get most of that money. No need to trade picks.

That just prolongs the problem over multiple years, although so does trading picks.
Jmpasq

12/25/2017  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2017  8:37 AM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/25/2017  10:17 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Do u know of a better way to get star players on cost controlled deals? God forbid getting another player like KP at 5 million a year, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy to want that. Look at the core Philly has assembled, we aren't competing with them long-term without a significant upgrade in talent. Tanking is the only way for this team to add the talent needed without giving up multiple role players in the process.

Philly got that core because none of their draft picks could stay healthy. There is usually an uptick in a team's record the following season, after drafting a top lotto pick. Philly never had that because their picks were missing entire seasons, which allowed them (with some luck as well) to keep getting top lotto picks. Not the example to use.

Culture change starts with winning, not losing. Players, FAs, have to see that this franchise isnt a joke anymore. Winning, playoffs, will change that.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/25/2017  10:25 AM
Not trying to diss Noah, but Kanter has been in his own way what Noah was for the Bulls when they were a top team in the East. The heart and soul of the team.

Kanter is like nitrous. Keeps things moving. When one of your bigs has the motor of a guard, its contagious.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/25/2017  10:59 AM
KnickDanger wrote:In my opinion Kanter is among the main reasons the Knicks are a few games above .500

The team is getting beaten with him on the court (-2.2 per 48 min) and beating opponents with him off the court (+3.3). The net differential is almost 10 points per 48 min better with O'Quinn than Kanter on the floor.
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/25/2017  11:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2017  11:07 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Funny how people want to use Phila is the example. Do you realize that Phila is in year five of their "process?" And they are still under .500. The lottery is a major roll of the dice and involves a lot of luck no matter what anyone thinks. Great trades and solid drafting can yield similar results versus purposely losing as many games as possible and hoping for two things to fall your way: 1) you get a high pick and 2) there's a franchise player available in that year's draft when your pick comes up. How many high lottery picks have Sacramento had?

You want to throw Phila as the template, how about a team that actually won something, Golden State?

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/25/2017  11:18 AM
If Enes is our second best player then it’s the main reason we are stuck in mediocrity. After the long road trip, many will Be griping. For those who take the time to look at advanced analytics, the combo of KP and Enes is really bad news. As New Yorkers, we love Enes lunch pail hard nose play and he’s glib. Yet the +/- and defense still an issue and he and KP don’t mesh statistically at all
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/26/2017  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2017  3:34 PM
Paris907 wrote:If Enes is our second best player then it’s the main reason we are stuck in mediocrity. After the long road trip, many will Be griping. For those who take the time to look at advanced analytics, the combo of KP and Enes is really bad news. As New Yorkers, we love Enes lunch pail hard nose play and he’s glib. Yet the +/- and defense still an issue and he and KP don’t mesh statistically at all

Bonn brings up the same points and although I think there's merit there for sure, I choose to go the other way on him -- I look at the monster game yesterday and see a guy that kept the Knicks in it almost singlehandedly from start to finish (Lee had an impact game, but KP didn't, neither did Beasley who I agree with Briggs--he needs more shots, and still no THJ). I mean 31 & 22 fellas and look at how efficiently he goes about it.. That's insane to me. I can't look at the game he had yesterday, despite what some advanced stats might say, and think he was some kind of detriment out there. Anyone else feeling me on this? I think Kanter can definitely be part of a winning team.

Enes Kanter: "The best acqusition since Kristaps Porzingis."

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy