[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp could really benefit talking more w Dirk
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2017  7:42 AM
KP could really benefit from some rest and then playing about 25 mpg. I don't see how else to keep him healthy. It's worth a try. I'd rather have 25 min of the superstar we saw earlier than 35 min of this.
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/26/2017  8:18 AM
KP hasn't been the same since the injuries have kept him out a few games every couple of games.
It's hurt his rhythm.

It will come back when he has a consistent stretch of games.

Think our biggest problem right now is not having THJ. We need a shot creator and scorer out at the perimeter.
As good as Kanter is playing, it's actually hurting us on offense, as we're becoming a predictable feed the post team. Either go to Kanter inside or KP. Too predictable for the defense.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/26/2017  9:04 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I know people either did not agree with me that I didn't think kp could be counted on as a franchise player for several reasons-- but I maintain it's true.

You also still maintain Hernangomez is the better long-term player?

never forget

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2017  9:33 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:KP hasn't been the same since the injuries have kept him out a few games every couple of games.
It's hurt his rhythm.

Think our biggest problem right now is not having THJ. We need a shot creator and scorer out at the perimeter.
As good as Kanter is playing, it's actually hurting us on offense, as we're becoming a predictable feed the post team. Either go to Kanter inside or KP. Too predictable for the defense.

Didn't this happen the last 2 years too? He may simply be a guy who gives you 10 great games a year and then breaks down.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/26/2017  2:04 PM
KP shouldn't waste time talking to Dirk. He needs to talk to Jordan and Magic more.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2017  2:09 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:KP hasn't been the same since the injuries have kept him out a few games every couple of games.
It's hurt his rhythm.

Didn't this happen the last 2 years too? He may simply be a guy who gives you 10 great games a year and then breaks down.
His injury history is scary. Hopefully as he fills out and gains more strength he will be less injury prone. Agree about the Knicks missing Tim. His being out really highlights how poor the point guard play is.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/26/2017  4:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2017  4:30 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
It's hurt his rhythm.

The difference is that each season even when he has these ruts, his play and production is better.

For example

Nov 2015 14.1 ppg 9.9 rpg
Nov 2016 21.8 ppg 7,3 rpg
Nov 2017 24.2 ppg 6.1 rpg

Dec 2015 12.6 ppg 6.4 rpg
Dec 2016 18.5 ppg 8.8 rpg
Dec 2017 21.6 ppg 6.4 rpg

You also see in the "poorer" more injury prone December month where he slows down that each year he plays better. I think he's much better than he was two years ago. He's essetially replaced Melo without any problem. Problem is what he gives you November especially this year makes you yearn for a MVP player. Then he plays like a top 30 player and you no longer like it. It's frustrating, but Shaq was saying that he is only getting stronger and physically better that it will take him some years to get where he should be. He's working with Shaq's trainer. We need this kid to get up to 250 eventually and be able to play closer and closer to the basket and midrange. We are seeing a huge step with that regard this year.. Before this year never saw that post and mid-range consistency from KP. This tear he is actually actively trying to use his size advantage and it will only get easier for him.

This year so far from what I've monitored

Elbow injury
Knee injury
Ankle injury

That's 3 within 30 games. They all affect him clearly. The fact is though, he's still playing and he's still a damn good player when injured. We need him to find a way to make his body stronger and his game enough smart that he's able to take the beatings in the post and still be ready to play.

It will also help a ton if he developed some chemistry with a point guard that could grow with him for years. We should be trying to work as many minutes as possible with Frank and KP to get that going, Easy baskets and good 2 man games will go a long way in getting good looks. Our offense the last few games have become too isolation heavy. The team is not working hard enough on offense to look for a better shot. They're settling for the easy play ... give it to Kanter or KP.

reub
Member: #6227

12/26/2017  10:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
reub wrote:KP needs to talk to Kareem, not Dirk.

Yep we need our Ben Simmons. Someone to regulate KP's touches. KP can't create for others so he shouldnt touch the ball the most. He needs someone to get him the ball where he is most effective. Get his shooting over 50%. Ideally 30 minutes a night where he can be aggressive. Let Beasley get the other 15-20 minutes.

I'm not a Simmons guy-- boy is he limited. As far as kp goes-- he's hoing to make enes kanter 115 mm$. All enes has to do is wait for kp to get the basketball and go to the hoop.

Kp has to think the game a bit more -- he believes he's Kevin Durant and he's not. He can be great but I'd love to start w consistently good . No way kp shouldn't be 50%. He needs more dunks lay ups put backs and 12 footers. Go get me 17 rebounds kp one game-- outback 3-4 of those -- he's predictable to take a bad shot right now .

I've seen him take a hook shot about three whole times in three seasons. This is why I said that he needs to talk to Kareem. They have similar body builds too.

Kp could really benefit talking more w Dirk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy