Author Thread
90sKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6452

12/22/2017  10:44 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:KP told Rebecca that he planned on "putting on a show" tonight. If there is anything about Porzingis that gives me pause, its the trash talk that too often ends up just being talk.

KP might become an All-Star this season. At the same time, hope he isn't becoming a Diva as well.

You make a fair point. As much as i like KP and his confidence i think sometimes he goes overboard both on the court and off the court sometimes. I still dont like that he blew off the exit meeting and basically ignored the knicks all summer.

Have no problem with KP skipping that exit meeting, considering the complete disfunction across the board. Its the checks KP is writing that his game has yet to cash when it matters, that bothers me. Maybe its a matter of growing up.

Yes you are right about the dysfunction last year but i still feel he should have at least went. As for the trash talk i dont necessarily mind it as long as it doesnt get out of hand.

I don't mind trash talk but please back it up. Who cares about 29 points if it takes you 28 shots to get there and you take a really bad shot in the final two minutes which was the turning point in the game. I don't him taking a 3pointer there but he really rushed it and shot before he ever got set. The thing that bothers me about KP is he predetermines what he is going to do instead of letting the game come to him or adjusting to how they are playing him.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/22/2017  10:44 PM
90sKnicks wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:but what i like it was very close game, little more luck and we could win this one

I don't mind losing these kinds of games as a young team. It's a learning lesson for both players and coaches. I'm sure they will all look at film and kick themselves. KP would see that was a bad shot. Coach will see some better plays.

Doesn't it have to be concerning though that on back to back nights the team fell apart in the last 2 minutes? Something like 6 turnovers in the last 2 minutes combined. Yes, they beat the Celtics last night but that was in spite of how they closed the game offensively. I'm personally not impressed with Hornaceck's offensive sets. They usually turn the ball over after timeouts.

Tonight was a winnable game and a chance to go to 18-14. It's a huge missed opportunity.

Yep. I think they could have been tied for fourth in the east. If the Knicks make the playoffs I think the best scenario is getting the sixth seed to avoid the Cavs/Celtics.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
12/23/2017  2:08 AM
90sKnicks wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:but what i like it was very close game, little more luck and we could win this one

I don't mind losing these kinds of games as a young team. It's a learning lesson for both players and coaches. I'm sure they will all look at film and kick themselves. KP would see that was a bad shot. Coach will see some better plays.

Doesn't it have to be concerning though that on back to back nights the team fell apart in the last 2 minutes? Something like 6 turnovers in the last 2 minutes combined. Yes, they beat the Celtics last night but that was in spite of how they closed the game offensively. I'm personally not impressed with Hornaceck's offensive sets. They usually turn the ball over after timeouts.

Tonight was a winnable game and a chance to go to 18-14. It's a huge missed opportunity.

The turnovers the last few games is the reason Hornacek left Jack in the 4th quarter, and we all see how that turned out.

Basically with Frank running the point right now, one weakness is turnovers. You have to live with that right now, because he does so many other things well.....Let him learn this year, because next year KP playing in his contract year I believe... I hope he puts Frank back in to close games....Thats a great learning opportunity for a rookie.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/23/2017  2:47 AM
Definitely coulda had this game. Their scrubs shot the lights out too miraculously. I think it’s a goood step to almost beat a good team on the road. Hope it’s a step in the right direction.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/23/2017  11:47 AM
blkexec wrote:
90sKnicks wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The turnovers the last few games is the reason Hornacek left Jack in the 4th quarter, and we all see how that turned out.

Basically with Frank running the point right now, one weakness is turnovers. You have to live with that right now, because he does so many other things well.....Let him learn this year, because next year KP playing in his contract year I believe... I hope he puts Frank back in to close games....Thats a great learning opportunity for a rookie.

I agree. If the other team can't score then we win. Jack just can't stay in front of starting caliber PGs anymore
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/23/2017  12:01 PM
GustavBahler wrote:KP told Rebecca that he planned on "putting on a show" tonight. If there is anything about Porzingis that gives me pause, its the trash talk that too often ends up just being talk.

KP might become an All-Star this season. At the same time, hope he isn't becoming a Diva as well.

wtf did he really say that??

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/23/2017  12:13 PM
So I just watched the game without commercial breaks and this is what I saw...
Ish Smith was the best penetrating guard in the game. He got by both Frank and Jack at will.

Kanter had a great game. We had a full enough time during the last possession....why not play a regular coming out of timeout play and see if we can get the hook shot inside from Kanter...if we can't then we go out to Porzingis and all the other 3 point shooters.

Frank played terrible this game...did he have even one steal?
I am not mad at Lee for taking the last shot...he played well all game, can't blame him for that.

Finally, the REFS played terrible as well. So many bad calls. I honestly thought they were all bad.
If we were tied in the first quarter, we'd have had this win. And the refs definitely made sure we were not. Seriously bad calls, which in a playoff game would have resulted in several letters to the NBA commissioner. Can't treat a regular season game any differently!

Baker played like...uh Baker. i.e. 1 game good 2 games bad. Beasley did his usual I am taking the game off tonight thing which he does once in a while. At one point again...he was simply walking back on defense when Kennard or someone got the ball and made a layup.

LT...where to begin. Sure he's a good teammate, but on the last min...why would you not have McDermott out there...LT is supposed to get us that winning 3 point shot?? So yeah the coach played bad too.

This was a golden opportunity. We were playing decent defense all game. If we had lost it all on our own, shrug your shoulders and move on. But the refs clearly looked like they were getting paid last night to make calls against the Knicks.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/23/2017  1:51 PM
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Lee blew this ****

2times

He got over his head....came out of his swim lane.....stepped out of his sand box.

This is where KP needs to learn from Melo. Regardless what coach calls in crunch time, the team always knew to play through Melo. And KP had the ball, but passed it to Lee......KP needs to develop a go to move going to the basket....or run a pick and roll with Frank. But those mid range jumpers is never a good go to move in crunch time....Especially when they are getting layups on the other end.

For me this type of comment is awesome. We are already expecting our 7'3" unicorn to have a go to move with the ball in his hands and possibly at the 3pt line. 7'3" dude is expected to dribble to get himself free and shoot and score, as if he were a wing player.

And you know what, in a couple of years he will.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/23/2017  1:52 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

He got over his head....came out of his swim lane.....stepped out of his sand box.

This is where KP needs to learn from Melo. Regardless what coach calls in crunch time, the team always knew to play through Melo. And KP had the ball, but passed it to Lee......KP needs to develop a go to move going to the basket....or run a pick and roll with Frank. But those mid range jumpers is never a good go to move in crunch time....Especially when they are getting layups on the other end.

There is absolutely nothing to learn from Melo.

They just talked about this on the post game. There is something to be learned from Melo.

I’m sorry but they are out of their wack a do minds. Melo is absolutely useless player a simple product of shots. No defense and just a pile of crap.

You do understand the that context of "learning from Melo" was just about his late game mentality of "give the ball to me, get out of way, I am going to score and win game for us"? Not the rest of what you are saying about defense and shots and whatnot?

martin
USA
12/23/2017  1:55 PM

For me, KP will never really be a Diva. He's got his mistakes and is learning. He says things and still isnt able to back them up. But Diva? Not for me.

He showed this offseason about putting in work. Changing body, adding to his game. That's seals it for me. Still has a LOOONNNGGG way to go to prove himself, but Diva isn't the right word IMHO

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/23/2017  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

They just talked about this on the post game. There is something to be learned from Melo.

I’m sorry but they are out of their wack a do minds. Melo is absolutely useless player a simple product of shots. No defense and just a pile of crap.

You do understand the that context of "learning from Melo" was just about his late game mentality of "give the ball to me, get out of way, I am going to score and win game for us"? Not the rest of what you are saying about defense and shots and whatnot?

Thanks 🙏. Now I understand.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/23/2017  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2017  2:47 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

Thanks 🙏. Now I understand.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/23/2017  4:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:So I just watched the game without commercial breaks and this is what I saw...
Ish Smith was the best penetrating guard in the game. He got by both Frank and Jack at will.

Kanter had a great game. We had a full enough time during the last possession....why not play a regular coming out of timeout play and see if we can get the hook shot inside from Kanter...if we can't then we go out to Porzingis and all the other 3 point shooters.

I am not mad at Lee for taking the last shot...he played well all game, can't blame him for that.

Finally, the REFS played terrible as well. So many bad calls. I honestly thought they were all bad.
If we were tied in the first quarter, we'd have had this win. And the refs definitely made sure we were not. Seriously bad calls, which in a playoff game would have resulted in several letters to the NBA commissioner. Can't treat a regular season game any differently!

Baker played like...uh Baker. i.e. 1 game good 2 games bad. Beasley did his usual I am taking the game off tonight thing which he does once in a while. At one point again...he was simply walking back on defense when Kennard or someone got the ball and made a layup.

LT...where to begin. Sure he's a good teammate, but on the last min...why would you not have McDermott out there...LT is supposed to get us that winning 3 point shot?? So yeah the coach played bad too.

This was a golden opportunity. We were playing decent defense all game. If we had lost it all on our own, shrug your shoulders and move on. But the refs clearly looked like they were getting paid last night to make calls against the Knicks.

I don’t know why we get such dreadful officiating seemingly every game. We get hosed at home and then twice as badly on the road. Seemed the same in the Melo era too, maybe the league has it out for Dolan, or the fact that we’re the most profitable by far regardless of what our team does. It’s just ridiculous sometimes. Always seems to be one ref out there out of his god damn mind. Lately it’s been that female, she is god awful.

90sKnicks
Member: #6452

12/24/2017  7:45 AM
Cartman718 wrote:So I just watched the game without commercial breaks and this is what I saw...

I agree with a lot of what you wrote but disagree on 2 things:
1) I don't think Lee is a good defender. He makes bad choices on picks and often rotates poorly.
2) The silver lining in the game to me was how well Lance Thomas played on Tobias Harris in the 4th quarter. Harris usually kills us and Thomas shutting him down had the Pistons perplexed until they brought in Jackson who penetrated on Jack with ease

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/24/2017  9:43 AM
martin wrote:

For me, KP will never really be a Diva. He's got his mistakes and is learning. He says things and still isnt able to back them up. But Diva? Not for me.

He showed this offseason about putting in work. Changing body, adding to his game. That's seals it for me. Still has a LOOONNNGGG way to go to prove himself, but Diva isn't the right word IMHO

Point taken. Hope KP realizes that no good will come from talk he cant back up. Thats not leadership. Ewing did the same thing. He doesnt have a ring.

GameThread: 2point game vs Pistons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy