dwiley20 wrote:Lee blew this ****

2times

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/22/2017  9:20 PM

I wouldn't say that but his iso definitely contributed to the collapse. KP and Baker also made terrible plays late so its really a team lost.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/22/2017  9:21 PM
Gudris wrote:

2times

He got over his head....came out of his swim lane.....stepped out of his sand box.

This is where KP needs to learn from Melo. Regardless what coach calls in crunch time, the team always knew to play through Melo. And KP had the ball, but passed it to Lee......KP needs to develop a go to move going to the basket....or run a pick and roll with Frank. But those mid range jumpers is never a good go to move in crunch time....Especially when they are getting layups on the other end.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ScoreBot
12/22/2017  9:22 PM
FINAL
DET 104 NYK 101
blkexec
12/22/2017  9:24 PM
Gudris wrote:

2times

I think KP touched the ball both times, but passed it off to Lee. At least thats what happened on the last play.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/22/2017  9:26 PM
Not sure what they were really trying to do both times. This is where they miss THJ. He’s a bit better creating off the dribble and attacking the rim. Being a bit quicker and more explosive.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/22/2017  9:27 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

I wouldn't say that but his iso definitely contributed to the collapse. KP and Baker also made terrible plays late so its really a team lost.

This. KP had a good bounceback game but WTF was he thinking with that shot? Baker also made a risky pass that obviously backfired
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/22/2017  9:29 PM
but what i like it was very close game, little more luck and we could win this one
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/22/2017  9:33 PM
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

He got over his head....came out of his swim lane.....stepped out of his sand box.

This is where KP needs to learn from Melo. Regardless what coach calls in crunch time, the team always knew to play through Melo. And KP had the ball, but passed it to Lee......KP needs to develop a go to move going to the basket....or run a pick and roll with Frank. But those mid range jumpers is never a good go to move in crunch time....Especially when they are getting layups on the other end.

There is absolutely nothing to learn from Melo.

blkexec
12/22/2017  9:36 PM
Gudris wrote:but what i like it was very close game, little more luck and we could win this one

I don't mind losing these kinds of games as a young team. It's a learning lesson for both players and coaches. I'm sure they will all look at film and kick themselves. KP would see that was a bad shot. Coach will see some better plays.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/22/2017  9:46 PM
nixluva wrote:Not sure what they were really trying to do both times. This is where they miss THJ. He’s a bit better creating off the dribble and attacking the rim. Being a bit quicker and more explosive.
This. Tim is another guy that wants the ball in big moments.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/22/2017  9:47 PM
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

They just talked about this on the post game. There is something to be learned from Melo.
CrushAlot
USA
12/22/2017  9:47 PM
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

They just talked about this on the post game. There is something to be learned from Melo.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/22/2017  9:48 PM
KP told Rebecca that he planned on "putting on a show" tonight. If there is anything about Porzingis that gives me pause, its the trash talk that too often ends up just being talk.

KP might become an All-Star this season. At the same time, hope he isn't becoming a Diva as well.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/22/2017  9:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:

2times

I’m sorry but they are out of their wack a do minds. Melo is absolutely useless player a simple product of shots. No defense and just a pile of crap.

StarksEwing1

12/22/2017  10:08 PM
GustavBahler wrote:KP told Rebecca that he planned on "putting on a show" tonight. If there is anything about Porzingis that gives me pause, its the trash talk that too often ends up just being talk.

KP might become an All-Star this season. At the same time, hope he isn't becoming a Diva as well.

You make a fair point. As much as i like KP and his confidence i think sometimes he goes overboard both on the court and off the court sometimes. I still dont like that he blew off the exit meeting and basically ignored the knicks all summer.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/22/2017  10:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:KP told Rebecca that he planned on "putting on a show" tonight. If there is anything about Porzingis that gives me pause, its the trash talk that too often ends up just being talk.

You make a fair point. As much as i like KP and his confidence i think sometimes he goes overboard both on the court and off the court sometimes. I still dont like that he blew off the exit meeting and basically ignored the knicks all summer.

Have no problem with KP skipping that exit meeting, considering the complete disfunction across the board. Its the checks KP is writing that his game has yet to cash when it matters, that bothers me. Maybe its a matter of growing up.

StarksEwing1

12/22/2017  10:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Have no problem with KP skipping that exit meeting, considering the complete disfunction across the board. Its the checks KP is writing that his game has yet to cash when it matters, that bothers me. Maybe its a matter of growing up.

Yes you are right about the dysfunction last year but i still feel he should have at least went. As for the trash talk i dont necessarily mind it as long as it doesnt get out of hand.
90sKnicks
Member: #6452

12/22/2017  10:39 PM
blkexec wrote:
Gudris wrote:but what i like it was very close game, little more luck and we could win this one

I don't mind losing these kinds of games as a young team. It's a learning lesson for both players and coaches. I'm sure they will all look at film and kick themselves. KP would see that was a bad shot. Coach will see some better plays.

Doesn't it have to be concerning though that on back to back nights the team fell apart in the last 2 minutes? Something like 6 turnovers in the last 2 minutes combined. Yes, they beat the Celtics last night but that was in spite of how they closed the game offensively. I'm personally not impressed with Hornaceck's offensive sets. They usually turn the ball over after timeouts.

Tonight was a winnable game and a chance to go to 18-14. It's a huge missed opportunity.

StarksEwing1

12/22/2017  10:41 PM
90sKnicks wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Doesn't it have to be concerning though that on back to back nights the team fell apart in the last 2 minutes? Something like 6 turnovers in the last 2 minutes combined. Yes, they beat the Celtics last night but that was in spite of how they closed the game offensively. I'm personally not impressed with Hornaceck's offensive sets. They usually turn the ball over after timeouts.

Tonight was a winnable game and a chance to go to 18-14. It's a huge missed opportunity.

it happens. Its still a young team mostly and a future team so they will learn from this
GameThread: 2point game vs Pistons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy