[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Beasley Is Beautiful
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27448
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

12/22/2017  1:47 PM
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:fishmike - excellent job of being the 2017 post counter. Gold star.
cool on me!

Finally the freakin recognition I deserve around here


Man-hugs are in order...

I'm starting to tear up.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Posts: 44729
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/22/2017  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:people mocked at the time, but looks like he's figured out how to unlock the extra 90%

Taylor Rooks is my future baby mama

You know why I'm here....
fishmike
Posts: 48720
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2017  2:03 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:TEAM BASKETBALL is beautiful. You got it wrong Earl.

Give Beasley all the credit he deserves. Beas is a talented individual scorer with a history of poor defense, sporadic effort at best when the ball isnt in his hands and very suspect decision making. Now when we add Beas it made sense. We already had a ton of young guys and were short on scoring. Considering the cost (none) giving Beas a shot made sense.

Early in the season he lost his minutes for poor defense, sporadic effort and poor decisions. He had 5 DNPs in Nov and 3 other games where he played single digit minutes. Lance took his minutes at the backup 4. This was the right call. Lance brought D and effort. The right call vs. Beas forcing shots and playing suspect defense.

Then the November full of DNPs and inconsistent minutes.

Then we see two magical things happen that never happens in Knick world. A positive culture has a positive effect and a player's attitude turns around for the positive and benefit of the team.

There is no point of debating chicken and egg. This is not about giving this guy credit or that guy credit. Its about giving them ALL credit. Since purging the me-first players who dont defend and the president how had issues letting his coaches coach this culture is different and Jeff Hornecek is empowered. He is empowered by the support of his roster, his front office and the ability to sit anyone who's effort or style of play is not conducive to a team first approach.

We have seen the effect of this culture on the floor. It is early stages for sure but also undeniable.

Now the Michael Beasley part. He surely sees himself a more talented player than Lance, McD or whoever else was taking his minutes. In the past this was the surest way to ensure a miserable player and typical Knick dysfunction in the locker room. However that doesnt exist now. What the coach wanted and what Beas was failing to deliver were very clear. Transparency. So it forces Beas to be mature. To be ready. To practice hard. To show the guys he's willing to work too. To say "OK coach, you want that? I can do that."

He's still B-Easy through and through. But watch him and the change is undeniable. Beas is taking better shots. He's treating his 1-1 defensive matchups like its a pay game on the playground and his weed money is at stake. Dude is bringing it. Even when Tatum scored late last night Beas made him work or nail a great shot. Beas is moving the ball. He's still B-Easy but he's working hard on the other things and his teammates SEE him working hard on the other things.

Last night was an amazing example of individual talents and skills working together to elevate the team as a whole. You had Frank/Ron/KOQ playing defense like every possession was the last. You had McBuckets who spreads the floor and seems to have no fear like the rest of the roster.

Bottom line... awesome work from Beasley on the floor, on the bench, in the gym, in the locker room and at practice. You see the team's reaction after the game? That is what you see from a team that works and plays for the TEAM.

When a guy with Beasley's baggage comes in you see this progression from poor player to being benched to coming back as he did it speaks volumes about the team culture. This is something we have not had since JVG was the coach and rode Camby about his rebounding.

The Beas story is great. The Mills/Perry/Hornecek story, and what they are creating post Phil/Melo is even more great. Downright magical if I do say so myself.

Good take!
While we are worlds apart, the knicks are having a "Spurs" kind of moment. Plug a talented player into a system who when he buys in enhances the team and in effect puts up big number. THis vs. Give the ball to him and see what he can bring. Beas game was based on his rebounding and defense. He got hot and we called his number.
He was a closer. When KP sits he gets an opportunity.
For those that saw the game in charlotte, especially his travel call in the middle of the damn floor no less, it was a classic B-easy moment. He also was lazy on a few plays and he got yanked.
He was the flavor of the night and he closed out what was looking like a loss. Beas has the offensive talent to be Melo-lite and hang 20 pts a night. GS, spurs, any good team offense is born from good defense.

It was great to see team celebrate at center court with Beas. Im not ready to resign him for 45mil over three years quite yet. JR money BTW.

Jack is here because Perry vouched for him. And suprising Beasley is here because Rambis vouched for him. Beasley may feel a bit of gratitude toward Rambis for getting him this opportunity. Staying humble and showing maturity. These guys are all acting like how Pros should act. Knowing that it could all be gone in a hurry. Perry even has praised Sessions for how he has handled his benching earlier in the season. When you add in Kanter, Lance, KOQ, Lee, Doug. Jeff gotta love coaching these guys.

this is a great post and speaks volumes about what is going on. I mean remember we had Chris Smith here? Instead of giving guys jobs we have the coaching staff and GM getting guys that THEY think can help the team, guys that can fill roles and help bring this thing together. Look at how much Beas and Jack have helped.

I was not high on Beas and was glad he was benched. Man look at how he's come back! It amazing (and sad because of the last 15+ years) but we have a group that is here for a single purpose. They have ALL bought in. There isnt a single player that has taken the floor that I dont like watching. They play together and for each other. So enjoyable. So easy to get behind.

Im thrilled to change my tune on Beas. He's earned it. I loved how the team rallied and defended behind his scoring. Beas got buckets while the lunch pale crew grinded for every second. Boston always beats us up. We brought it to em. So good.

fishmike
Posts: 48720
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
12/22/2017  2:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
fishmike wrote:
misterearl wrote:fishmike - excellent job of being the 2017 post counter. Gold star.
cool on me!

Finally the freakin recognition I deserve around here


Man-hugs are in order...

I'm starting to tear up.

better than Isiah and Magic.
knicks1248
Posts: 37271
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
12/22/2017  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  2:57 PM
I JUST hope he can stay focus, and play like this on the road..

this entire team is like a fish out of water on the road, it is completely night and day, like I really don't get it. Those same shots mcd, bease, frank, lance, the spacing the timing, everything is the same except for the shots actually falling. The defense is mind boggling bad, and the energy is really low, hopefully that all changes starting tonight

ES
BRIGGS
Posts: 50375
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/22/2017  3:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I JUST hope he can stay focus, and play like this on the road..

this entire team is like a fish out of water on the road, it is completely night and day, like I really don't get it. Those same shots mcd, bease, frank, lance, the spacing the timing, everything is the same except for the shots actually falling. The defense is mind boggling bad, and the energy is really low, hopefully that all changes starting tonight

So is 90% of the nba

Nalod
Posts: 55589
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/22/2017  3:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/22/2017  3:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:TEAM BASKETBALL is beautiful. You got it wrong Earl.

Give Beasley all the credit he deserves. Beas is a talented individual scorer with a history of poor defense, sporadic effort at best when the ball isnt in his hands and very suspect decision making. Now when we add Beas it made sense. We already had a ton of young guys and were short on scoring. Considering the cost (none) giving Beas a shot made sense.

Early in the season he lost his minutes for poor defense, sporadic effort and poor decisions. He had 5 DNPs in Nov and 3 other games where he played single digit minutes. Lance took his minutes at the backup 4. This was the right call. Lance brought D and effort. The right call vs. Beas forcing shots and playing suspect defense.

Then the November full of DNPs and inconsistent minutes.

Then we see two magical things happen that never happens in Knick world. A positive culture has a positive effect and a player's attitude turns around for the positive and benefit of the team.

There is no point of debating chicken and egg. This is not about giving this guy credit or that guy credit. Its about giving them ALL credit. Since purging the me-first players who dont defend and the president how had issues letting his coaches coach this culture is different and Jeff Hornecek is empowered. He is empowered by the support of his roster, his front office and the ability to sit anyone who's effort or style of play is not conducive to a team first approach.

We have seen the effect of this culture on the floor. It is early stages for sure but also undeniable.

Now the Michael Beasley part. He surely sees himself a more talented player than Lance, McD or whoever else was taking his minutes. In the past this was the surest way to ensure a miserable player and typical Knick dysfunction in the locker room. However that doesnt exist now. What the coach wanted and what Beas was failing to deliver were very clear. Transparency. So it forces Beas to be mature. To be ready. To practice hard. To show the guys he's willing to work too. To say "OK coach, you want that? I can do that."

He's still B-Easy through and through. But watch him and the change is undeniable. Beas is taking better shots. He's treating his 1-1 defensive matchups like its a pay game on the playground and his weed money is at stake. Dude is bringing it. Even when Tatum scored late last night Beas made him work or nail a great shot. Beas is moving the ball. He's still B-Easy but he's working hard on the other things and his teammates SEE him working hard on the other things.

Last night was an amazing example of individual talents and skills working together to elevate the team as a whole. You had Frank/Ron/KOQ playing defense like every possession was the last. You had McBuckets who spreads the floor and seems to have no fear like the rest of the roster.

Bottom line... awesome work from Beasley on the floor, on the bench, in the gym, in the locker room and at practice. You see the team's reaction after the game? That is what you see from a team that works and plays for the TEAM.

When a guy with Beasley's baggage comes in you see this progression from poor player to being benched to coming back as he did it speaks volumes about the team culture. This is something we have not had since JVG was the coach and rode Camby about his rebounding.

The Beas story is great. The Mills/Perry/Hornecek story, and what they are creating post Phil/Melo is even more great. Downright magical if I do say so myself.

Good take!
While we are worlds apart, the knicks are having a "Spurs" kind of moment. Plug a talented player into a system who when he buys in enhances the team and in effect puts up big number. THis vs. Give the ball to him and see what he can bring. Beas game was based on his rebounding and defense. He got hot and we called his number.
He was a closer. When KP sits he gets an opportunity.
For those that saw the game in charlotte, especially his travel call in the middle of the damn floor no less, it was a classic B-easy moment. He also was lazy on a few plays and he got yanked.
He was the flavor of the night and he closed out what was looking like a loss. Beas has the offensive talent to be Melo-lite and hang 20 pts a night. GS, spurs, any good team offense is born from good defense.

It was great to see team celebrate at center court with Beas. Im not ready to resign him for 45mil over three years quite yet. JR money BTW.

Jack is here because Perry vouched for him. And suprising Beasley is here because Rambis vouched for him. Beasley may feel a bit of gratitude toward Rambis for getting him this opportunity. Staying humble and showing maturity. These guys are all acting like how Pros should act. Knowing that it could all be gone in a hurry. Perry even has praised Sessions for how he has handled his benching earlier in the season. When you add in Kanter, Lance, KOQ, Lee, Doug. Jeff gotta love coaching these guys.

this is a great post and speaks volumes about what is going on. I mean remember we had Chris Smith here? Instead of giving guys jobs we have the coaching staff and GM getting guys that THEY think can help the team, guys that can fill roles and help bring this thing together. Look at how much Beas and Jack have helped.

I was not high on Beas and was glad he was benched. Man look at how he's come back! It amazing (and sad because of the last 15+ years) but we have a group that is here for a single purpose. They have ALL bought in. There isnt a single player that has taken the floor that I dont like watching. They play together and for each other. So enjoyable. So easy to get behind.

Im thrilled to change my tune on Beas. He's earned it. I loved how the team rallied and defended behind his scoring. Beas got buckets while the lunch pale crew grinded for every second. Boston always beats us up. We brought it to em. So good.

Oh no you didn't........

Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat,

Beas was gonna be a star, but then he got high....
Was your favorite players, player, which we know is a lie....
now he making NBA minimum wage And we know why, cuz he got, because he got high, Because he got highhhh,

Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat,

Beas was gonna model clothes but then he got high.....
was gonna do it for ralph lauren, and sell a vodka called Sky.....
Now he tatted and resembles a zombie and we know why....
cuz he got, because he got high, Because he got highhhh,
Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat,

Pat Riley was going to draft Love or westbrook but then he got high....
Took Beas ahead of Ibaka or Gordan.... which must make him cry......
He Dumped him, got Lebron so he "The guy".......
cuz he got, because he got high, Because he got highhhh,
Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat, Lad da da dat,

Knicks1248: 1. Dolan should be more involved! 2. Why would any knick fan want pick 8, when that spot has a history of producing marginal NBA taken. (He prefers pick 9th instead)
martin
Posts: 47376
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2017  3:56 PM
^^^^

man I love that sound!!!

Great stuff Nalod!!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Posts: 27014
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
12/22/2017  9:39 PM
misterEd wrote:

The Answer Man may not always be right, but he is never wrong.

You funny.

Beasley Is Beautiful

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.