meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Guys - we can't trade for every player in the NBA. This is what Frank and Ron are doing together

When Baker and Ntilikina are both on the court, New York ranks in the 96th percentile in defensive rating, the 97th percentile in defensive eFG%, and the 98th percentage in defensive turnover percentage.

Why in the blue hell would we change that?

Cuz they can't score. Their defense is so good that Kyrie still dropped 31 on them. I don't want to devalue them cuz I'm really not im just putting this obsession with meaningless stats to rest. We're not going to win a game by not scoring and only playing defense. Good offense always beats good defense more times than not. We do need their presence at times to get stops when we need to. By adding another skill player that doesn't eliminate the minutes Baker and Frank play. They keep their same roles.... but having the luxury of an extra skill guy, that takes us from where we are to legit playoff team.

I don't buy that argument. They can score and they are scoring at clutch moments to turn games around for us. These two are not supposed to be the primary scorers on the team is not their role. They are playing behind KP, THJR, Enes'and even Beas. So what is this infatuation with scoring and why should we trade our depth which maybe one of the bettrr benches in the NBA for a good player who will then make our most expensive player (THJR) redundant?

Because teams that beat us have that extra offensive player. Teams that are better than us have that extra scorer. Golden state didn't say nah why would we get Durant... we need a defender to guard LeBron? Did the Boston Celtics think they needed to stay the same? No they traded three of their better players ave revamped. They signed an offensive player and drafted a kid that plays the same position....

But no.... losers like us want to know why we are trading for tyreke Evans even we have guys like Baker. It's laughable. Do we wasn't to win or not?

Kevin Durant is your example to justify a trade for Tyreke Eveans? Kevin Durant? That's your comparison? And a free agent signing at that. As opposed to breaking up a young team that's just started to grow together. Kevin Durant makes Golden State a lock to win the next three championships, what does Tyreke Evans do for us? Oh yeah we need to rack up those first round exits.
This type of reasoning based on anecdotal evidence from teams in completely different situations in kinda lame.

i think the point is that your roster is something that is fluid and changes when you have the opportunity to upgrade the talent. The Knicks could use a guy that penetrates and puts pressure on the defense to react. That type of player isn't bad or automatically a drose type. Character guys that play defense and have moxie are always good and a positive part of a roster. But having a guy that puts pressure on the defense that can also function as a distributor is something good teams have and the Knicks need.

The Knicks have lots of needs that's supposed to happen when you rebuild. Suddenly saying this one thing is the biggest need and we now need to trade assets for a injury prone player makes little sense. We can't focus on empty stats. The ONLY need the Knicks should focus on is TEAM building. You do that the rest will fall in place. You chase magic in a bottle and you get another lost decade of underachieving overpaid misfits who could care less about the team. We are NOT trying to win playoffs right now we are trying to gel and build momentum as a TEAM. You start trading pieces away and you just lose the one thing that can take this team to the next level, chemistry.

What is team building to you? Doing nothing hoping guys get better on their own? First round exits build team character. Making a lateral trade to help the cause is detrimental to team building. Nobody said we need to destroy chemistry with a stupid trade.... only reason I mentioned Tyreke is because he's a basement bargain with super talent. He's not the only player out there. We need to find someone to help our cause

Team building is developing chemistry and establishing a culture and yes, Drafting. Trading the pieces away that can help you do that leads to what we saw for twenty years bunch of empty stat padders and no system basketball. Guess we won't agree on this but I have zero interest in trading for Tyreke, if he signs here as an FA great. Don't know when his contract is up. I also had zero interest in signing THJR but now that's water under the bridge Tyreke weird be a poor man's version of him.

It's not like were talking about trying to get someone over priced. We're taking about a player that makes less than Baker. Who's stat padding making league minimum? I think you are arguing just to argue. If we could get a cheap lateral move gong that helps us out we need to do it.

The argument isn't about Tyreke - it's about what you would have to trade in order to get him and what that would mean to the team chemistry. Who would you trade for him?

We haven't gotten that far cuz of this meaningless arguement.... Tyreke makes just aboot the minimum. We're not trading Kristaps for him or any of our rotation guys that's for sure. Willy and Sessions is all I had in mind. A second rounder for Tyreke? I mean it's not something ground breaking. The guy makes the minimum!

My bad I thought you were talking about trading Ron or Jack. Going back and reading - I don't know why. I would trade Sessions and a second rounder but probably not Willy. I think it's a risk to have KP upset over his homey being traded and Willy literally costs us nothing. People I am willing to trade (not just for Tyreke) are KOQ, Sessions and Lance. Tyreke is a plus player so that helps, but he will be behind THJR and Lee at both SF and SG. He will eat minutes from Frank and Ron at PG. I would be a lot more excited if he was a true SF, but he is an SG who can also play PG and SF. He is the same value (and almost equal salaries) as Lee with added PG play. Like Lee he won't be a game changer - neither will Sessions or the average second rounder. I want to see if Willy can make a comeback next season or not - I feel it's too early to write him off.

We can't hold on to Willy because of fear KP will be upset. If that's the case we should be playing him over Kanter and O'Quinn.

If there's a deal out there to make us better then Willy has got to go. They'll both get over it. This is a business and they both should realize that. If it were up to Jordan, Oakley would've never been traded from the Bulls. If you're not going to pacify Jordan why should KP be pacified?

KP has shown remarkable lack of maturity by missing an exit interview, so he may be more inclined to do something stupid. Plus, like I said - I think willy is worth another look next year.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2017  3:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Guys - we can't trade for every player in the NBA. This is what Frank and Ron are doing together

When Baker and Ntilikina are both on the court, New York ranks in the 96th percentile in defensive rating, the 97th percentile in defensive eFG%, and the 98th percentage in defensive turnover percentage.

Cuz they can't score. Their defense is so good that Kyrie still dropped 31 on them. I don't want to devalue them cuz I'm really not im just putting this obsession with meaningless stats to rest. We're not going to win a game by not scoring and only playing defense. Good offense always beats good defense more times than not. We do need their presence at times to get stops when we need to. By adding another skill player that doesn't eliminate the minutes Baker and Frank play. They keep their same roles.... but having the luxury of an extra skill guy, that takes us from where we are to legit playoff team.

I don't buy that argument. They can score and they are scoring at clutch moments to turn games around for us. These two are not supposed to be the primary scorers on the team is not their role. They are playing behind KP, THJR, Enes'and even Beas. So what is this infatuation with scoring and why should we trade our depth which maybe one of the bettrr benches in the NBA for a good player who will then make our most expensive player (THJR) redundant?

Because teams that beat us have that extra offensive player. Teams that are better than us have that extra scorer. Golden state didn't say nah why would we get Durant... we need a defender to guard LeBron? Did the Boston Celtics think they needed to stay the same? No they traded three of their better players ave revamped. They signed an offensive player and drafted a kid that plays the same position....

But no.... losers like us want to know why we are trading for tyreke Evans even we have guys like Baker. It's laughable. Do we wasn't to win or not?

Kevin Durant is your example to justify a trade for Tyreke Eveans? Kevin Durant? That's your comparison? And a free agent signing at that. As opposed to breaking up a young team that's just started to grow together. Kevin Durant makes Golden State a lock to win the next three championships, what does Tyreke Evans do for us? Oh yeah we need to rack up those first round exits.
This type of reasoning based on anecdotal evidence from teams in completely different situations in kinda lame.

i think the point is that your roster is something that is fluid and changes when you have the opportunity to upgrade the talent. The Knicks could use a guy that penetrates and puts pressure on the defense to react. That type of player isn't bad or automatically a drose type. Character guys that play defense and have moxie are always good and a positive part of a roster. But having a guy that puts pressure on the defense that can also function as a distributor is something good teams have and the Knicks need.

The Knicks have lots of needs that's supposed to happen when you rebuild. Suddenly saying this one thing is the biggest need and we now need to trade assets for a injury prone player makes little sense. We can't focus on empty stats. The ONLY need the Knicks should focus on is TEAM building. You do that the rest will fall in place. You chase magic in a bottle and you get another lost decade of underachieving overpaid misfits who could care less about the team. We are NOT trying to win playoffs right now we are trying to gel and build momentum as a TEAM. You start trading pieces away and you just lose the one thing that can take this team to the next level, chemistry.

What is team building to you? Doing nothing hoping guys get better on their own? First round exits build team character. Making a lateral trade to help the cause is detrimental to team building. Nobody said we need to destroy chemistry with a stupid trade.... only reason I mentioned Tyreke is because he's a basement bargain with super talent. He's not the only player out there. We need to find someone to help our cause

Team building is developing chemistry and establishing a culture and yes, Drafting. Trading the pieces away that can help you do that leads to what we saw for twenty years bunch of empty stat padders and no system basketball. Guess we won't agree on this but I have zero interest in trading for Tyreke, if he signs here as an FA great. Don't know when his contract is up. I also had zero interest in signing THJR but now that's water under the bridge Tyreke weird be a poor man's version of him.

It's not like were talking about trying to get someone over priced. We're taking about a player that makes less than Baker. Who's stat padding making league minimum? I think you are arguing just to argue. If we could get a cheap lateral move gong that helps us out we need to do it.

The argument isn't about Tyreke - it's about what you would have to trade in order to get him and what that would mean to the team chemistry. Who would you trade for him?

We haven't gotten that far cuz of this meaningless arguement.... Tyreke makes just aboot the minimum. We're not trading Kristaps for him or any of our rotation guys that's for sure. Willy and Sessions is all I had in mind. A second rounder for Tyreke? I mean it's not something ground breaking. The guy makes the minimum!

My bad I thought you were talking about trading Ron or Jack. Going back and reading - I don't know why. I would trade Sessions and a second rounder but probably not Willy. I think it's a risk to have KP upset over his homey being traded and Willy literally costs us nothing. People I am willing to trade (not just for Tyreke) are KOQ, Sessions and Lance. Tyreke is a plus player so that helps, but he will be behind THJR and Lee at both SF and SG. He will eat minutes from Frank and Ron at PG. I would be a lot more excited if he was a true SF, but he is an SG who can also play PG and SF. He is the same value (and almost equal salaries) as Lee with added PG play. Like Lee he won't be a game changer - neither will Sessions or the average second rounder. I want to see if Willy can make a comeback next season or not - I feel it's too early to write him off.

We can't hold on to Willy because of fear KP will be upset. If that's the case we should be playing him over Kanter and O'Quinn.

If there's a deal out there to make us better then Willy has got to go. They'll both get over it. This is a business and they both should realize that. If it were up to Jordan, Oakley would've never been traded from the Bulls. If you're not going to pacify Jordan why should KP be pacified?

KP has shown remarkable lack of maturity by missing an exit interview, so he may be more inclined to do something stupid. Plus, like I said - I think willy is worth another look next year.

At the beginning of the season Begley said on a podcast if the Knicks traded Willy he didn't think KP would resign. A lot of positive things have happened since then so that may have changed but Begley is pretty connected. In regards to the missed exit meeting, I think it saved the Knicks. Phil's rift with KP, exploring KP trades and possibly seeking approval for a Melo buyout got the ball rolling in the right direction. The Knicks are in a good place now and should improve the roster if they have the opportunity. The Noah contract more than anything makes Willy a candidate to be traded.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/27/2017  4:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I'm fine with giving Willy another look but if KP is so thin skinned that getting rid of Willy is enough to make him walk, than I don't want to build around him. Plus, if we get better as a result of dealing Willy and KP still has a hissy fit we have way bigger prblems to deal with.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/27/2017  4:03 PM
Somewhere on some other "Ultimate******" someone is posting:
"Can the ***** get Beas"?
"Why can't we be smart like the knicks and get a player like that"!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/27/2017  4:27 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

I'm fine with giving Willy another look but if KP is so thin skinned that getting rid of Willy is enough to make him walk, than I don't want to build around him. Plus, if we get better as a result of dealing Willy and KP still has a hissy fit we have way bigger prblems to deal with.

I am not sure I want to find out about KP's mental toughness (meaning I don't think I will like the results). trading willy now is the epitome of Sell Low.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Can the Knicks get Tyreke Evans?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy