[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I would trade frank and trade up for this kid Trae young..wow
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/20/2017  2:39 PM
I can see this kid setting the table for kp, mcd, kanter and THJ (in JH system )like it's supper time..

steve nash in the makings

ES
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/20/2017  3:26 PM
Yeah he's insane. I expected his production to trail off a bit. I considered him a mid/late 1st round pick initially due to his lack of size and speed, but i was wrong. This guy is the real deal. He definitely has a Steve Nash type style to him.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/20/2017  3:56 PM
So next draft is up and look other talented PGs are hiring the scene. Based off the commotion you would have thought last years draft was gonna be the last draft ever to produce PGs.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
12/20/2017  4:03 PM
On a side note. That dude Sexton dropped like 40pts while playing 4 on 5 in the 2nd half of a game earlier this yr. His team outscored the opponent by like 10pts during that span while playing 4 on 5.

Was pretty ridiculous.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/20/2017  4:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:Yeah he's insane. I expected his production to trail off a bit. I considered him a mid/late 1st round pick initially due to his lack of size and speed, but i was wrong. This guy is the real deal. He definitely has a Steve Nash type style to him.

Don't see Steve Nash just because of the size difference. Steve was able to leverage his size to finish in the paint. Guys like young...it's hard to project. Does he have just the right amount of size and explosion to finish in the paint? It's the difference between a Steph Curry and a Trey Burke.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2017  4:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I can see this kid setting the table for kp, mcd, kanter and THJ (in JH system )like it's supper time..

steve nash in the makings

Gleague Frank? Who gonna do that?
You might want to wait until conference play starts before you blow your wad.
Those floaters won't work like that in the NBA.

Knixkik
USA
12/20/2017  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  4:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Yeah he's insane. I expected his production to trail off a bit. I considered him a mid/late 1st round pick initially due to his lack of size and speed, but i was wrong. This guy is the real deal. He definitely has a Steve Nash type style to him.

Don't see Steve Nash just because of the size difference. Steve was able to leverage his size to finish in the paint. Guys like young...it's hard to project. Does he have just the right amount of size and explosion to finish in the paint? It's the difference between a Steph Curry and a Trey Burke.

Young is 6'2 and Nash is 6'3. Both have a slight build. Not really a difference there.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/20/2017  4:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Young is 6'2 and Nash is 6'3. Both have a slight build. Not really a difference there.

Does he play defense like Nash as well?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/20/2017  4:30 PM
BTW - reading between the lines, the point of this thread was to try and get rid of Frank - because he can't accept Phil did something right.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knixkik
USA
12/20/2017  4:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:BTW - reading between the lines, the point of this thread was to try and get rid of Frank - because he can't accept Phil did something right.

Right. I like what i see with Young, but i would not trade Frank. Frank has the opportunity to be a transcendent defensive guard, along with a solid playmaking PG. Would love Young in addition to Frank, but not at his expense.

BigDaddyG

12/20/2017  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  4:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Nash was like 200lbs coming into the NBA. He was a bigger point guard. He was able to get the defender on his hip, turn around and shoot. I don't see those type of move from Young. Might be me, but Young seems shorter than 6'2". Curry is probably the best comparison. Draft.net had Bibby as a comparison, but Young looks like his mid-range game is more developed than Bibby's was at Arizona.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
12/20/2017  5:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  5:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:BTW - reading between the lines, the point of this thread was to try and get rid of Frank - because he can't accept Phil did something right.

I like frank, but i like this kid better, he's avg double digits in assist which is almost unheard of in college

ES
newyorknewyork
12/20/2017  5:19 PM

Nah don't think he cares about stuff like that. Franks last 2 games have been subpar so he is ready to dump him. If this was after the Lakers game he doesn't make this thread. He lives in the moment.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/20/2017  5:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I like frank, but i like this kid better, he's avg double digits in assist which is almost unheard of in college

Kid has talent but he doesn’t look like he’s 6-2. Looks like he has short arms and is VERY light in the shorts. Kinda looks like a better passing Trey Burke. He’ll be interesting to watch and see how he plays the rest of the way.

BigDaddyG

12/20/2017  5:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Kid has talent but he doesn’t look like he’s 6-2. Looks like he has short arms and is VERY light in the shorts. Kinda looks like a better passing Trey Burke. He’ll be interesting to watch and see how he plays the rest of the way.

Yeah, that's the thing that makes me wary. Workouts and the combine will help form a better picture. Plus, defense is also a huge issue. Need to see a lot more of him.
knicks1248
12/20/2017  7:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing that makes me wary. Workouts and the combine will help form a better picture. Plus, defense is also a huge issue. Need to see a lot more of him.

Look, I have only posted about one college player since I have been posting here, and that was steph curry, and it was right about the time he had a really good game, he was flying a little low under the radar (considered just a shooter) and really known to be dell curry's son, at the time no one gave much thought, until MDA was drooling over him at work outs.

I'm telling you, this kid is going to be special, this kid is setting guys up lovely (like all in one motion rhythm shot lovely), like who the hell wouldn't want to play with him. He may not be the most "100% all around" pg, but neither is frank. With the way defense's have started playing KP and MCD you need a playmaker, this is the kid. Frank is cool, but trae looks like a level up.

ES
blkexec
Member: #748
12/20/2017  7:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  7:48 PM
I don't mind trading up for this guy....But why trade Frank out of all the other trading chips we have. Frank has the size to play both guard positions, and at worst, he's a solid backup guard who can change the game with defense alone. I rather keep Frank, because defensive players are becoming extinct these days. I see it on the basketball court too in pickup games. This new generation is all about offense....They make me feel like I'm in my 30s again lol. We need some international defenders like Frank, since the US doesn't homegrown these guys anymore. Especially at the PG position, where they're becoming the main focal point now.....Since they control the flow, plus PGs are scoring guards now. I rather have more players like Frank on a cheap contract, since defenders are cheaper than offensive players.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/20/2017  7:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

young wingspan = 6-2
curry wingspan = 6-0
frank wingspan = 7-0
lebron wingspan = 7-0

just saying...wingspan and short arms means **** if you know how to play bball, are able to use screens with your quickness and have unlimited range.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/20/2017  8:25 PM
Frank is relegated to a top 15 rookie approximately. His potential is ill-defined as we don’t know if his offense will ever be NBA ready which it isnt. Sure, he’s scored 10 points here and there but he’s a Q Mark. Sure, I love his defense and how he plays the lanes and his ability to do well man for man but.. tell me there aren’t 3-4 guards who you’d rather have. Young is real!
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/20/2017  8:35 PM
Blkexec has it right. If frank becomes a adequate shooter, then given his length and prowess, let him and Young play. Baker in the rotation and Dotson needs time too. With Young in the mix, let KP stay at 4 and the 5 will sort itself as will the 3. Once Noah and Lee gone, there’s enough to secure a real 3 or 5 as required. Guess we left off Timmy huh? If Lee is gone then Timmy plays 3 and some 2 and McDeemott backs up the 3. We have the rotation pretty set but need starters!
I would trade frank and trade up for this kid Trae young..wow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy