Trade for Paul George?
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/20/2017  10:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
y2zipper wrote:I would kick the tires on a PG trade. People talk Lakers but playing with Porzingis is better than what the Lakers can offer basketball-wise and a trade means you get to offer tbe mlst money. The package in the OP is probably too little and OKC probably makes a run at it,

I agree, i like the fit in NY more than LA. We know he wants LA, but they are a weird fit. Lonzo needs the ball in his hands 100% of the time to be effective, and we know PG is going thru that right now with Westbrook. And Ingram is redundant in so many ways to PG. Kuzma and Ingram really seem to be the future frontcourt there, so they need a center (Cousins?) more than another forward really. Obviously they would take PG and figure it out, as he is the superior player, but if i'm him, i don't like the fit there. In NY, he can operate with the ball much more, is surrounded by willing defenders and spot up shooters, and has 1 major star he should be able to pair with without concern of fit. The question would then become, is this someone Porzingis would want to play with?

Could be a Rasheed situation where he wants to play in LA but comes here and is able to play with guys like KP and Hardaway and Frank and Kanter and feels good about the situation. We would be a playoff team while LA will be a lotto team.

It could be, but not worth the gamble based off what we know.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/21/2017  4:34 AM
Why so he walks to the Lakers or a contender at season's end?
I'm not dealing any draft pick in a George deal. He's a 20 percent re-sign 80 percent loss in free agency. Why pay so much for a more likely rental.

And how would he fit?
I much rather make a play for a SF that can shoot the 3, defend, pass. Do a bit of of what we need and not command a high usage rate or mess with the chemistry.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/21/2017  8:18 AM
I like George, very good two way player but like others have said it seems like he is going out West. We aren't going for the "quick fixes" anymore. We are building correctly now. The only reason I would trade KOQ is because he is gonna opt out anyway so we should see if we could get a decent pick for him. As for lee I only trade him if we are getting a first back otherwise he has been real good for us.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/21/2017  8:23 AM
I like George but at best, he's a marginal max contract player. It would be about the same as having younger Melo on a max contract.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/21/2017  8:34 AM
The parameter defense of Frank and PG is not very sexy but as we know good defense is the key to the uptempo offense. LA roster is unbalanced for the moment and PG won’t make them alone into contenders.
Kuzma got off to a great start and he might be the real deal or the next Landry Fields.
Randle is their best center. Lonzo for all his hype is still just a 19 year old kid with a suspect jumper. He’ll be a good one, but he is not Magic Johnson like in his impact.
I think we all agree no fist round pick unless he has a handshake deal to resign.
I think he could make us a top 5 team in the east. If thats not enough, well its a lot more than were we are not.
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/21/2017  11:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2017  11:39 AM
Nalod wrote:The parameter defense of Frank and PG is not very sexy but as we know good defense is the key to the uptempo offense. LA roster is unbalanced for the moment and PG won’t make them alone into contenders.
Kuzma got off to a great start and he might be the real deal or the next Landry Fields.
Randle is their best center. Lonzo for all his hype is still just a 19 year old kid with a suspect jumper. He’ll be a good one, but he is not Magic Johnson like in his impact.
I think we all agree no fist round pick unless he has a handshake deal to resign.
I think he could make us a top 5 team in the east. If thats not enough, well its a lot more than were we are not.
What about PG AND Lebron added to the Lakers?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/21/2017  11:48 AM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:The parameter defense of Frank and PG is not very sexy but as we know good defense is the key to the uptempo offense. LA roster is unbalanced for the moment and PG won’t make them alone into contenders.
What about PG AND Lebron added to the Lakers?

As long as we somehow manage to nab Kuzma in the process, I'll be happy

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
dwiley20
Member: #5755

12/24/2017  9:04 PM
we need to seriously look at this trade
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/24/2017  9:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
y2zipper wrote:I would kick the tires on a PG trade. People talk Lakers but playing with Porzingis is better than what the Lakers can offer basketball-wise and a trade means you get to offer tbe mlst money. The package in the OP is probably too little and OKC probably makes a run at it,

I agree, i like the fit in NY more than LA. We know he wants LA, but they are a weird fit. Lonzo needs the ball in his hands 100% of the time to be effective, and we know PG is going thru that right now with Westbrook. And Ingram is redundant in so many ways to PG. Kuzma and Ingram really seem to be the future frontcourt there, so they need a center (Cousins?) more than another forward really. Obviously they would take PG and figure it out, as he is the superior player, but if i'm him, i don't like the fit there. In NY, he can operate with the ball much more, is surrounded by willing defenders and spot up shooters, and has 1 major star he should be able to pair with without concern of fit. The question would then become, is this someone Porzingis would want to play with?

Could be a Rasheed situation where he wants to play in LA but comes here and is able to play with guys like KP and Hardaway and Frank and Kanter and feels good about the situation. We would be a playoff team while LA will be a lotto team.

This is a damn good team if we get PG, Thats the kind of trade we want because then we get to keep Mcdermott as we will have our core and can go over the cap to keep our bench players

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/24/2017  11:21 PM
dwiley20 wrote:O'quinn, Lee and our 2nd round( not the bulls)?

If this deal is the table, you take it ( This is a response to those who say Paul George is not worth it, for whatever reason)

This deal, though, would never be on the table. This deal would actually confuse most pundits established around the league.

I'll be super honest. From my time in pro sports, if I saw a deal like this listed on the wire, my first thought would be Paul George did something criminal or so controversial that it mitigated the cost format. Like if there was a video of him beating up a couple of 7 year old elementary school children. Like drinking a bottle of whiskey on IPhone footage, breaking the empty bottle on one kids head then stabbing the other with the broken bottle type of mess.

Take the talent, worry about the rest later.

The above is the best justification for the Knicks trading for Melo. The problem was they should have immediately retraded him once he signed a long term deal ( without a NTC)

wargames
Member: #6053

12/25/2017  12:34 AM
Only way they do it is if we give them our first round pick and they could probably get a lot better offers. Thy paid to much for PG to not get something "long term " for him.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/25/2017  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2017  9:23 AM
There is zero way OKC would accept this offer. They would want either a star in return or serious rebuilding tools or both. I love KOQ and Courtney Lee to death but they are over-achieving role players who are going to want pay days eventually. Not stars or rebuilding chips. If we want Paul George, we would hbe to give up picks, Frankie and the 2 previously mentioned. For a star who can’t seem tomake it work with others at his level, I do not think I am interested.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/25/2017  9:46 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:There is zero way OKC would accept this offer. They would want either a star in return or serious rebuilding tools or both. I love KOQ and Courtney Lee to death but they are over-achieving role players who are going to want pay days eventually. Not stars or rebuilding chips. If we want Paul George, we would hbe to give up picks, Frankie and the 2 previously mentioned. For a star who can’t seem tomake it work with others at his level, I do not think I am interested.
I agree. After giving up Victor O and Sabonis no way they move PG for a couple of role players. They are going to ride this out and hope for the best during the offseason. The only way I see him being traded would be if the Lakers are willing to move one of their young pieces to get him now and max him out versus doing it during free agency and George's max numbers would be less.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/25/2017  11:26 AM
So much for building around KP. Find a 21 year old Paul George. Jason Tatum comes to mind. There are players coming into the league. Why go for someone whose has major surgery and will be in 9thbor 10th year soon.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/25/2017  11:29 AM
Paris907 wrote:So much for building around KP. Find a 21 year old Paul George. Jason Tatum comes to mind. There are players coming into the league. Why go for someone whose has major surgery and will be in 9thbor 10th year soon.

and is going to be paid more than he's worth soon

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/25/2017  11:34 AM
EnySpree wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:O'quinn, Lee and our 2nd round( not the bulls)?

Add Willy and let's do this!

Adding Wily - whose stock has dropped like a rock- ain’t the solution.
Making the playoffs appears to be your objective even if it’s one and out. Embiid won’t play today due to bad back. Yet once Fultz plays they’ll be the team to beat and Kanter will get killed. George is a two year bandaid. Give KP a young budding all star. If LA can secure Kuzma, we can find our own too. We need a young All Star to complement KP. I like Randle as a complementary addition and I like you it idea of securing Evans.

Trade for Paul George?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy