[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade for Paul George?
Author Thread
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

12/20/2017  1:15 PM
O'quinn, Lee and our 2nd round( not the bulls)?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/20/2017  1:58 PM
I can see him traded but they are gonna need a sweetener to take that trade.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/20/2017  2:00 PM
Sure thing. Would OKC do that? I would. Give PG a max deal. There is the SF we were looking for. If he bolts he bolts. Worth the risk.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
12/20/2017  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  2:01 PM
does that work cap-wise?

... and then we could resign him and go way over if need be, right?

i wonder how that nucleus works: frank, pg, kp, enes, tim

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/20/2017  2:04 PM
George's market will be interesting if they consider trading him. It obviously won't be nearly as good as what they gave up, even considering this is before Oladipo's breakout. I think ultimately it will come down to putting pressure on him to make a decision where he wants to go long-term. I still see Lakers taking that gamble and dealing Clarkson and Randle for him. These are guys that they may have to cut ties with anyway to make room for George, and it nets Okc back a similar package (but lesser) to what they gave up. I can also see him being interested in NY, as it offers him an opportunity to be paired with a star, but be able to have more control than he does in Okc. Plus, helping get NY back to the playoffs is bigger than most other opportunities. I still see him ending up in LA though.
Knixkik
USA
12/20/2017  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  2:05 PM
anrst wrote:does that work cap-wise?

... and then we could resign him and go way over if need be, right?

i wonder how that nucleus works: frank, pg, kp, enes, tim

I think it would be great. In theory, PG is the ideal SF for that group. High level defender, good shooter/scorer, secondary playmaker.

EnySpree

12/20/2017  2:18 PM
Westbrook....

Okc has gotten it wrong when trying to build around him. He's going to need a defense shooter next to him. That's Courtney Lee all day. So I do agree with the trade idea

Basically Westbrook needs 3 3 And D players on the floor at all times followed buy a mobile big that can finish well.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

12/20/2017  2:27 PM
dwiley20 wrote:O'quinn, Lee and our 2nd round( not the bulls)?

Add Willy and let's do this!

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/20/2017  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  3:25 PM
I think he'll end up going to the Lakers in the off season and Okc might get a few scraps from them in return (as hell be willing to sign with them outright.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/20/2017  3:18 PM
I'm not really interested... everyone here is high fiving each other because we don't have ball stopper anymore. I'd rather Lee and I'd definitely rather have the Bulls second. I think Lee and KOQ could be flipped for picks and I'd prefer a deal like that. I get that PG13 brings way more to the table but I like the fact that the team shares the ball and when Lee shoots it, it's a high percentage make
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
USA
12/20/2017  3:31 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm not really interested... everyone here is high fiving each other because we don't have ball stopper anymore. I'd rather Lee and I'd definitely rather have the Bulls second. I think Lee and KOQ could be flipped for picks and I'd prefer a deal like that. I get that PG13 brings way more to the table but I like the fact that the team shares the ball and when Lee shoots it, it's a high percentage make

In general i don't want to trade Lee. He doesn't really fit the timeline, but he's a leader and a consistent contributor on both ends. He is exactly what you need to surround good players like KP with. I would trade him for a player we feel that can bring us to the next level, but Lee is a perfect compliment to a young, up and coming team. He can continue to start here until we are able to bring in a future SF, however long that takes.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2017  3:42 PM
PG has to be hell bent on leaving OKC and want to resign here before I open my mouth.
They will want a first round pick, not second. I would do it.
He does not have a NTC so they can send him anywhere for the best deal.
They gave up Oladipo and Sabonis for a half year rental and then give up?
Not sure what Griff's marketability is back home is OKC but it seems a natural to trade him straight up for Paul.
Its still LA.
If PG wants to be in NY, Im down with that.
y2zipper
Member: #3287

12/20/2017  3:45 PM
I would kick the tires on a PG trade. People talk Lakers but playing with Porzingis is better than what the Lakers can offer basketball-wise and a trade means you get to offer tbe mlst money. The package in the OP is probably too little and OKC probably makes a run at it,
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/20/2017  3:50 PM
dwiley20 wrote:O'quinn, Lee and our 2nd round( not the bulls)?

Is this off a rumor or something?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/20/2017  3:57 PM
Nalod wrote:

No but he can opt out after this season so it's as good as a NTC- all he has to do is say he'll opt out and walk if they try trading him to a team he doesn't like. He's going to opt out regardless so they won't likely get much back for him

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/20/2017  3:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/20/2017  3:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'm not really interested... everyone here is high fiving each other because we don't have ball stopper anymore. I'd rather Lee and I'd definitely rather have the Bulls second. I think Lee and KOQ could be flipped for picks and I'd prefer a deal like that. I get that PG13 brings way more to the table but I like the fact that the team shares the ball and when Lee shoots it, it's a high percentage make

In general i don't want to trade Lee. He doesn't really fit the timeline, but he's a leader and a consistent contributor on both ends. He is exactly what you need to surround good players like KP with. I would trade him for a player we feel that can bring us to the next level, but Lee is a perfect compliment to a young, up and coming team. He can continue to start here until we are able to bring in a future SF, however long that takes.

Everyone is tradable, depending on on the deal. But I agree, there's no need for us to take such a gamble at this point. Do we contend with PG? Probably not. Add the fact that he's already broadcast to the world that he wants to go to LA and Magic has already spoken to his agent, the odds don't look good for re-signing him. To his credit, George isn't really that bad a ball stopper and he can operate off the ball...OKC just isn't built that way.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/20/2017  4:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Everyone is tradable, depending on on the deal. But I agree, there's no need for us to take such a gamble at this point. Do we contend with PG? Probably not. Add the fact that he's already broadcast to the world that he wants to go to LA and Magic has already spoken to his agent, the odds don't look good for re-signing him. To his credit, George isn't really that bad a ball stopper and he can operate off the ball...OKC just isn't built that way.

I hate starfukking but I do like his defense. So it's a tough choice for me. I wouldn't give up a first rounder unless he agrees to re-sign before the deal. Even then it would be future first not next year's
But if we are giving up a first swap Lee out for Beasly or McDermott or both - I definitely want to hold on to Lee. If we don't have to give up a first - then Lee+OQuinn and whoever else may be ok.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2017  4:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No but he can opt out after this season so it's as good as a NTC- all he has to do is say he'll opt out and walk if they try trading him to a team he doesn't like. He's going to opt out regardless so they won't likely get much back for him

Lakers should not try to get him because good chance they can when he opts out. Randle would likely walk and ingram could be trade bait to fill other needs.
Its all a big puzzle and no doubt PG has stated he is a Cali guy. Im not sure what they think they have in Ingram though. Kid is still very young. He might have a better potential than PG.
My focus is on what in the hell OKC is thinking. Move Melo to the bench? How do they get this to click?
Knixkik
USA
12/20/2017  4:33 PM
y2zipper wrote:I would kick the tires on a PG trade. People talk Lakers but playing with Porzingis is better than what the Lakers can offer basketball-wise and a trade means you get to offer tbe mlst money. The package in the OP is probably too little and OKC probably makes a run at it,

I agree, i like the fit in NY more than LA. We know he wants LA, but they are a weird fit. Lonzo needs the ball in his hands 100% of the time to be effective, and we know PG is going thru that right now with Westbrook. And Ingram is redundant in so many ways to PG. Kuzma and Ingram really seem to be the future frontcourt there, so they need a center (Cousins?) more than another forward really. Obviously they would take PG and figure it out, as he is the superior player, but if i'm him, i don't like the fit there. In NY, he can operate with the ball much more, is surrounded by willing defenders and spot up shooters, and has 1 major star he should be able to pair with without concern of fit. The question would then become, is this someone Porzingis would want to play with?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/20/2017  7:36 PM
Knixkik wrote:
y2zipper wrote:I would kick the tires on a PG trade. People talk Lakers but playing with Porzingis is better than what the Lakers can offer basketball-wise and a trade means you get to offer tbe mlst money. The package in the OP is probably too little and OKC probably makes a run at it,

I agree, i like the fit in NY more than LA. We know he wants LA, but they are a weird fit. Lonzo needs the ball in his hands 100% of the time to be effective, and we know PG is going thru that right now with Westbrook. And Ingram is redundant in so many ways to PG. Kuzma and Ingram really seem to be the future frontcourt there, so they need a center (Cousins?) more than another forward really. Obviously they would take PG and figure it out, as he is the superior player, but if i'm him, i don't like the fit there. In NY, he can operate with the ball much more, is surrounded by willing defenders and spot up shooters, and has 1 major star he should be able to pair with without concern of fit. The question would then become, is this someone Porzingis would want to play with?

Could be a Rasheed situation where he wants to play in LA but comes here and is able to play with guys like KP and Hardaway and Frank and Kanter and feels good about the situation. We would be a playoff team while LA will be a lotto team.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Trade for Paul George?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy