[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kanter 4 years in prison?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2017  3:34 PM
I looked at a few of his tweets and he seems to taunt Erdogan which he might want to grow up a bit and stop.
They are a bit sophomoric.
Im not saying he should not intellectualize his political and humanitarian views.
People, his parents cannot just immigrate here. Enes is not a US citizen and They won't just let them leave.
Its suspected his parents have to disown him in order to not be arrested or tortured.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/20/2017  3:36 PM
Nalod wrote:I looked at a few of his tweets and he seems to taunt Erdogan which he might want to grow up a bit and stop.
Im not saying he should not intellectualize his political and humanitarian views.
People, his parents cannot just immigrate here. Enes is not a US citizen and They won't just let them leave.
Its suspected his parents have to disown him in order to not be arrested or tortured.

I've no problem with people taunting and mocking ego maniac dictators and despots - it can be very powerful in a way logic cannot be

Nalod
USA
12/20/2017  4:20 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:I looked at a few of his tweets and he seems to taunt Erdogan which he might want to grow up a bit and stop.

I've no problem with people taunting and mocking ego maniac dictators and despots - it can be very powerful in a way logic cannot be

I don't have a dog in that fight. But if you got family stuck inside it matters. If you got windows that open it matters. you think dudes like Erdgogan don't have resources to stage an "accident" for Kanter??

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/20/2017  4:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't have a dog in that fight. But if you got family stuck inside it matters. If you got windows that open it matters. you think dudes like Erdgogan don't have resources to stage an "accident" for Kanter??

I think Nalod is right here, Enes is pushing the envelope when he should be thinking about the safety of his family. If you want to take on risks for yourself that's one thing,but to put others (especially your own family) in harm's way so you can run your mouth and accomplish nothing is pretty stupid. I love this kid his heart and his obvious commitment to the Knicks, but he needs to tone it down on the political front for his family's sake.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/20/2017  5:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I think Nalod is right here, Enes is pushing the envelope when he should be thinking about the safety of his family. If you want to take on risks for yourself that's one thing,but to put others (especially your own family) in harm's way so you can run your mouth and accomplish nothing is pretty stupid. I love this kid his heart and his obvious commitment to the Knicks, but he needs to tone it down on the political front for his family's sake.

Than Erdogan is winning, sometimes you have to sacrifice some people to save more people

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/20/2017  5:32 PM
Wow. Unreal. I think he'll be ok, just can't go back there I guess.

My thing -- what about his family over there? Will they be persecuted over this? If so, that's a shame. Hopefully he can bring them all over here.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

12/20/2017  5:36 PM
Gulen is still here, so I think Kanter is safe.

I really don't think Trump will send him back, unless he gets something he cannot refuse. You know, he is always "American first".

Gudris

12/20/2017  5:44 PM
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/20/2017  7:55 PM
If I were Kanter, I would keep my mouth shut about Trump. I don’t know if he ever voiced his displeasures about him. Is he not able to pursue American citizenship? He certainly has the money to do so.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/20/2017  11:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:For insulting the Turkish president..smh

Imagine people in American going to jail for insulting TRUMP?

crap there would be no one left

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/21/2017  12:25 AM
Gudris wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Than Erdogan is winning, sometimes you have to sacrifice some people to save more people

So he should sacrifice his family members by tweeting BS about Edrogan? That will accomplish what?
His family will probably get tortured or worse, and no one would care about his tweets. Idiotic post.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gudris

12/21/2017  7:41 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:If I were Kanter, I would keep my mouth shut about Trump. I don’t know if he ever voiced his displeasures about him. Is he not able to pursue American citizenship? He certainly has the money to do so.

This sounds like USA is allready on the same level as Turkey ?

Gudris

12/21/2017  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2017  7:45 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Gudris wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

So he should sacrifice his family members by tweeting BS about Edrogan? That will accomplish what?
His family will probably get tortured or worse, and no one would care about his tweets. Idiotic post.

Hope is more politics and media around a world will start to pay more attention to this issue and put a pressure on that Turkish dictator

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/21/2017  8:02 AM
Nalod
USA
12/21/2017  8:08 AM
Gudris wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Gudris wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Hope is more politics and media around a world will start to pay more attention to this issue and put a pressure on that Turkish dictator

Enes Kanter is not going to save Turkey or the world its taunting Tweets.
HIs support for the Imam has raised the consciousness.

Gudris

12/21/2017  9:42 AM
The more people speak about this the better
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/21/2017  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2017  1:05 PM
knicks1248 wrote:For insulting the Turkish president..smh

Imagine people in American going to jail for insulting TRUMP?

Well (not to get off topic), Trump wants to open up libel laws to sue the media. Pretty much a step in the same direction.
Kanter 4 years in prison?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy