[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you have access to Vecsey Patreon Article on Melo trade please post
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  11:38 AM
Comments on twitter make it sound like a must read. Not ready to subscribe though.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/17/2017  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  11:42 AM
Yeah hopefully someone can post it. Either way most agree that the knicks fleeced OKC
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2017  11:45 AM
From comments I have read it sounds like a lot of what was reported wasn't accurate. Vecsey was the guy back in the 80's early 90's. I am sure he is still very connected.
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2017  9:05 PM
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2017  9:06 PM
Wow. Denver was getting quite a package from the Nets. Also interesting that Melo would have stayed.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/17/2017  10:28 PM
I call bullsh!t on this story.

Harris, Favors AND THREE FIRST ROUND draft picks and Nuggets opted for the Knicks trash instead??

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2017  8:35 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I call bullsh!t on this story.

Harris, Favors AND THREE FIRST ROUND draft picks and Nuggets opted for the Knicks trash instead??

And two seasons after Nuggets won 57 games. Have to remember the thought was Nets with Melo would be a contender in the east and those picks would not been lottery but lower round picks. That’s what suppose to happen when you get a good all star talent! Nets complexion changes. It’s not Deron and washed up Pierce and KG. I not saying they beat the Heat but at that moment Bropez injury history had yet to unfold and that pairs two all stars and they just getting started. Could have been interesting.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/18/2017  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2017  8:44 AM
Nalod wrote:

And two seasons after Nuggets won 57 games. Have to remember the thought was Nets with Melo would be a contender in the east and those picks would not been lottery but lower round picks. That’s what suppose to happen when you get a good all star talent! Nets complexion changes. It’s not Deron and washed up Pierce and KG. I not saying they beat the Heat but at that moment Bropez injury history had yet to unfold and that pairs two all stars and they just getting started. Could have been interesting.

And Wilson and Gallo were healthy 22/23 year old started starters putting up good stats on a winning team. Felton was putting up 17 and 9 too. And we still have them 2 picks (1 being part of a favorable swap for them).
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/18/2017  9:03 AM

Melo wasn't waiving his NTC for Nets until Knicks backed out of a deal altogether. So even though Nets offered all of that, they couldn't accept it with Knicks still in play.

Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2017  9:05 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Melo wasn't waiving his NTC for Nets until Knicks backed out of a deal altogether. So even though Nets offered all of that, they couldn't accept it with Knicks still in play.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have an NTC in Denver
Nalod
USA
12/18/2017  9:17 AM
Melo had the option of opting out. Denver had the option of getting a good return on a trade. It was a win-win for both. They both had leverage. They both had risks.
Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2017  10:18 AM
Nalod wrote:Melo had the option of opting out. Denver had the option of getting a good return on a trade. It was a win-win for both. They both had leverage. They both had risks.

We won the trade in the sense that we got Melo? I'd rather stop winning trades then.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/18/2017  10:23 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Melo had the option of opting out. Denver had the option of getting a good return on a trade. It was a win-win for both. They both had leverage. They both had risks.

We won the trade in the sense that we got Melo? I'd rather stop winning trades then.

Lol. I think he meant win win for Melo and Denver

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/18/2017  10:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Lol

Knixkik
USA
12/18/2017  11:08 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I'm pretty sure he didn't have an NTC in Denver

You're correct, i completely misspoke. What i meant to say is Melo had complete control over his future much like having a NTC, because he was going to be a free agent. If he didn't want to go to NJ/BK, he wasn't going there, at least for that package.

Nalod
USA
12/18/2017  11:38 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Yes, for Denver!!!
Remember, Melo was not going to opt out, get minor knee surgery in a summer that the CBA we ending and possible strike.
The notion that Melo could have come via free agency is a fallacy true Melo haters want to believe in.
The potential to lose over $100-200 million is not worth a championship ring. That's just plain stupid.
David west put a price of about $10mil for one. This was after he made a lot of money in the league.

Bonn1997
USA
12/18/2017  11:49 AM
Nalod wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Yes, for Denver!!!
Remember, Melo was not going to opt out, get minor knee surgery in a summer that the CBA we ending and possible strike.
The notion that Melo could have come via free agency is a fallacy true Melo haters want to believe in.
The potential to lose over $100-200 million is not worth a championship ring. That's just plain stupid.
David west put a price of about $10mil for one. This was after he made a lot of money in the league.

Both meant Melo and Denver? My bad. Now I can see that that's what you meant.
fwk00
Member: #6048

12/19/2017  12:16 PM
Trading for Melo may be the absolute worst trade in Knicks history.

D'Ant was just getting the team up to speed with a lot of very nice talent. Melo poisoned all of that. Look at Houston and see what the Knicks would have looked like in short order.

But the Melo train wreck continued for YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS.

Melo had the opportunity to be guided by Phil Jackson into a superstar. Melo opted for meglomania, mediocrity, and subverting everything Phil was trying to build.

What was OKC thinking? Paul George is an over-rated nobody. Melo an over-rated never-was. There isn't a bigger garbage can in the league.

And that perspective is necessary to see just how bad the Melo to NY trade was. Melo ripped the hope out of New York for almost a decade. OKC will jettison him by February.

Nalod
USA
12/19/2017  1:28 PM
fwk00 wrote:Trading for Melo may be the absolute worst trade in Knicks history.

D'Ant was just getting the team up to speed with a lot of very nice talent. Melo poisoned all of that. Look at Houston and see what the Knicks would have looked like in short order.

Melo had the opportunity to be guided by Phil Jackson into a superstar. Melo opted for meglomania, mediocrity, and subverting everything Phil was trying to build.

What was OKC thinking? Paul George is an over-rated nobody. Melo an over-rated never-was. There isn't a bigger garbage can in the league.

And that perspective is necessary to see just how bad the Melo to NY trade was. Melo ripped the hope out of New York for almost a decade. OKC will jettison him by February.

How does OKC "Jettison" him?

Knixkik
USA
12/19/2017  2:11 PM
fwk00 wrote:Trading for Melo may be the absolute worst trade in Knicks history.

The Melo trade can be argued for the rest of eternity, but Melo gave us an opportunity to compete in the playoffs. That team we were building wasn't going anywhere, especially with Stoudemire falling off the next season. We would have been strapped regardless. Gallinari was never healthy after we traded him. Any hope would be tied to hypothetical picks we made if we didn't have Melo. We traded for him, got his best years out of him, and have successfully moved on. But make no mistake, Okc is stuck with Melo for this year and next. No one can offer anything for his contract.
If you have access to Vecsey Patreon Article on Melo trade please post

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy