[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

12/17/2017  1:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:That was a fun game. Not fun retyping this **** because your overpriced ipad craps out again. Tax dodging, piece of ****, company. I hope you choke on your tax break.. bitches.

Anyway. Its been a very long time since Ive seen the Knicks field a team that not only plays unselfish ball, but defense as well. Hornacek is doing a great job getting everyone to buy in.They know everyone has to earn their minutes.

Doug had another great game. Lance and Doug have SF locked down. Hope we can keep them both.

Beasley made Melo look old. There were times I forgot Melo was in the game.

Baker and Frank work well together and they're both being more aggresive. Dont care that Frank is getting rejected at the rim at times. Glad he is taking it to the other team.

Agreed. It just shows how getting rid of one guy can really make the team be cohesive
Lets be fair, it was way more complicated than just getting rid of Melo.
thats true there were other problems but watching how the ball movement has been so great this year compared to the previous five years shows that he just wasnt a fit here
I hate to be the keep it real dude, but I keep thinking about 22 out of our next 31 games will be on the road. As much as I've enjoyed the season so far I just can't get that out of my mind, especially since we've only built a 3 game cushion over .500 so far.
i understand. Ive said that its gonna be tough in the second half of the year. We still need a couple pieces to add

I would rather just have this play out. We may not make it to the playoffs or even get a high pick, but that's ok. We have something that's really very elusive in today's NBA - we have TEAM chemistry. Too much tinkering may ruin that or put pressure on Jeff to play "star" players again. I don't expect hem to win a lot on the road, but I expect them to stick together as group. That's what will be looking for.

I agree. Establish the foundation and culture, let the young guys grow and develop and find the needed piece that fit what we're building.
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/17/2017  1:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:That was a fun game. Not fun retyping this **** because your overpriced ipad craps out again. Tax dodging, piece of ****, company. I hope you choke on your tax break.. bitches.

Anyway. Its been a very long time since Ive seen the Knicks field a team that not only plays unselfish ball, but defense as well. Hornacek is doing a great job getting everyone to buy in.They know everyone has to earn their minutes.

Doug had another great game. Lance and Doug have SF locked down. Hope we can keep them both.

Baker and Frank work well together and they're both being more aggresive. Dont care that Frank is getting rejected at the rim at times. Glad he is taking it to the other team.

Agreed. It just shows how getting rid of one guy can really make the team be cohesive
thats true there were other problems but watching how the ball movement has been so great this year compared to the previous five years shows that he just wasnt a fit here
I hate to be the keep it real dude, but I keep thinking about 22 out of our next 31 games will be on the road. As much as I've enjoyed the season so far I just can't get that out of my mind, especially since we've only built a 3 game cushion over .500 so far.
i understand. Ive said that its gonna be tough in the second half of the year. We still need a couple pieces to add

I would rather just have this play out. We may not make it to the playoffs or even get a high pick, but that's ok. We have something that's really very elusive in today's NBA - we have TEAM chemistry. Too much tinkering may ruin that or put pressure on Jeff to play "star" players again. I don't expect hem to win a lot on the road, but I expect them to stick together as group. That's what will be looking for.

i meant add in the draft. I would also rather them just play the year out
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  2:01 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I agree. Establish the foundation and culture, let the young guys grow and develop and find the needed piece that fit what we're building.
i think the toughest decision is going to be what to do with Courtney Lee at the trade deadline. He is playing really well, is a captain and a vet leader, but they probably could get a lot for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/17/2017  3:38 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Welpee wrote:I hope people at minimum show Melo some respect if not give him a warm welcome. You can gripe about his style of play but he didn't do anything while he was here worthy of booing him. No, he doesn't deserve a Ewing-like reception, but doesn't deserved to be jeered either.

Now I will say this, he doesn't deserve a video tribute either and I hope MSG isn't planning one.

Agreed. No video tribute. Unless he was retiring. Think it will be emotional for Melo as he really wanted it to work here and bring a chip. Think we can win this though. Westbrook has been chucking all year and all they have in team chemistry is Iso ball. Melo was shooting like 70% last night with 20 points at the half (First time in a long time) only to not get the ball much in second half and watch westbrook freeze him out for most of it. Think Melo is seeing first hand the problems with not involving other team mates on offense. I predict Knicks by 14. OKC may be out of gas after last nights game.

Think we have a very good team right now. This may be the best all around team since the Ewing days. We just have so many guys that are playing at a high Pro level. Hitting the open man, hitting open shots and defending. Good to see. It is also a good sign that we continue to play well with KP and Timmy out. Makes those role players get more comfortable and more reps.

Losing my touch. Off by 1.

Great game. We are really coming together. Biggest difference this year is we have shooters and are very deep. Last few games are proving that. Mcbuckets was on. Lee made every shot and Beasley was huge stepping in. OKC looked the same. Old and tired, no bench and with Westbrook on a solo mission. Good win to be at. Nice video on Melo. Did not expect that. He seemed surprised and touched by it.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/17/2017  3:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i think the toughest decision is going to be what to do with Courtney Lee at the trade deadline. He is playing really well, is a captain and a vet leader, but they probably could get a lot for him.

If we have a chance to be in the playoffs we are not going to trade him...it would kill the chemistry on the team, IMO, and players would pissed.

I figured Lee and KOQ could get us a good return, but at this point, if we are playing well, I just can't see trading these guys unless we are overwhelmed with something from another team, and let's face it, any team needing guys like Lee and KOQ would have little to give us in terms of picks, or so I would think.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2017  4:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If we have a chance to be in the playoffs we are not going to trade him...it would kill the chemistry on the team, IMO, and players would pissed.

Knicks are a profit-driven corporation. If there is a chance to be in the playoffs (even if it means a 1st round sweep), I believe they will go all in rather than think long-term.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  4:09 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee

12/17/2017  7:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
And excluding the year he played six games after the broken leg, Paul George and Melo are shooting career low fg percentages.
Welpee

12/17/2017  7:45 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I figured Lee and KOQ could get us a good return, but at this point, if we are playing well, I just can't see trading these guys unless we are overwhelmed with something from another team, and let's face it, any team needing guys like Lee and KOQ would have little to give us in terms of picks, or so I would think.

Not sure how this affects things, but can anyone remember another season with so much parity? It's like the whole league is hovering about .500.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/17/2017  8:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Knicks are a profit-driven corporation. If there is a chance to be in the playoffs (even if it means a 1st round sweep), I believe they will go all in rather than think long-term.

So you are saying if we whiff the playoffs we will go back into full starfukk mode(to whatever extent our cap allows us)?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/18/2017  6:17 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

So you are saying if we whiff the playoffs we will go back into full starfukk mode(to whatever extent our cap allows us)?

Hard to say. They already have a marketable star. And I think the Knicks finally figured out you get so much return on investment with draft picks that you can't give them up (unless the deal is incredible).
Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy