[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2017  10:17 AM
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:HOW BOUT DAT SCOTT PERRY . What a deal maker 😜
Scott, Steve, and Jeff seem to be a great team.

You do realize a certain someone picked Horny because he loved his basketball brain and thought he was a good choice because he had old school roots (ran system offense with Sloan) and new school offense blended in? That person wasn't Perry or Mills .... but I agree they are a good team. I like that we have no drama, no BS executives now. Blue collar stuff from top (the executives) to bottom (the players from 1-15). NY deserves a team like this. I think we just miss out on the playoffs, but we should be proud of this team. The culture is finally right here.

That same certain someone who picked Horny because of his basketball brain couldn't keep from medling and allowing Horny to do what he was hitred to to do...The certain someone's ego wouldn't allow it...Glad he's gone to allow guys to do the job they were hired to do!

This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/17/2017  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  10:25 AM
TPercy wrote:What an awesome win! Beating the Thunder w/o your top two scorers is always a pleasant sight. Also this Thunder team is quite terrible.

Micheal Beasley outplayed Carmelo, he went for frickin 30, Id like to keep Beasly nice to have that option if you need it

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2017  10:25 AM
reub wrote:
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You do realize a certain someone picked Horny because he loved his basketball brain and thought he was a good choice because he had old school roots (ran system offense with Sloan) and new school offense blended in? That person wasn't Perry or Mills .... but I agree they are a good team. I like that we have no drama, no BS executives now. Blue collar stuff from top (the executives) to bottom (the players from 1-15). NY deserves a team like this. I think we just miss out on the playoffs, but we should be proud of this team. The culture is finally right here.

That same certain someone who picked Horny because of his basketball brain couldn't keep from medling and allowing Horny to do what he was hitred to to do...The certain someone's ego wouldn't allow it...Glad he's gone to allow guys to do the job they were hired to do!

Think about how bleak our future was when that certain someone was first hired and where we are now.

Huh? Everything got worse. Phil didn't trade the 2018 pick. That is the first pick he was allowed to trade. He deserves credit for the players he drafted but in context each of those years he thought he had assembled a roster that would make the playoffs. Six months ago there were rumors that players were being traded or resigned based on exit meeting performance. He was a really bad exec that mastered the accidental tank and didn't trade the 2018 pick. Two of the worst contracts in the nba are Melo's and Noah's.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/17/2017  10:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  10:29 AM
That was a fun game. Not fun retyping this **** because your overpriced ipad craps out again. Tax dodging, piece of ****, company. I hope you choke on your tax break.. bitches.

Anyway. Its been a very long time since Ive seen the Knicks field a team that not only plays unselfish ball, but defense as well. Hornacek is doing a great job getting everyone to buy in.They know everyone has to earn their minutes.

Doug had another great game. Lance and Doug have SF locked down. Hope we can keep them both.

Beasley made Melo look old. There were times I forgot Melo was in the game.

Baker and Frank work well together and they're both being more aggresive. Dont care that Frank is getting rejected at the rim at times. Glad he is taking it to the other team.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/17/2017  10:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:That was a fun game. Not fun retyping this **** because your overpriced ipad craps out again. Tax dodging, piece of ****, company. I hope you choke on your tax break.. bitches.

Anyway. Its been a very long time since Ive seen the Knicks field a team that not only plays unselfish ball, but defense as well. Hornacek is doing a great job getting everyone to buy in.They know everyone has to earn their minutes.

Doug had another great game. Lance and Doug have SF locked down. Hope we can keep them both.

Baker and Frank work well together and they're both being more aggresive. Dont care that Frank is getting rejected at the rim at times. Glad he is taking it to the other team.

Agreed. It just shows how getting rid of one guy can really make the team be cohesive
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/17/2017  10:50 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:That was a fun game. Not fun retyping this **** because your overpriced ipad craps out again. Tax dodging, piece of ****, company. I hope you choke on your tax break.. bitches.

Agreed. It just shows how getting rid of one guy can really make the team be cohesive

Not what I said, not even close.. Irish.

StarksEwing1

12/17/2017  11:31 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
TPercy wrote:What an awesome win! Beating the Thunder w/o your top two scorers is always a pleasant sight. Also this Thunder team is quite terrible.

Micheal Beasley outplayed Carmelo, he went for frickin 30, Id like to keep Beasly nice to have that option if you need it

im happy for beasley. He has stepped up when we needed him to
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/17/2017  11:38 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

And Melo had 12 points on 18 shots! That's gotta be an embarrassing night for him.
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2017  12:31 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Uptown wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

A year ago, Knicks were identical 16-13 last year scoring 105+ points a game.
The offense wasn't the problem as much as the defense.
Once the defense wouldn't improve the team just gave in and accepted fate.
The real difference this year is the defense and teamwork. Last year the team played too much one on one and didn't play defense. This isn't on the system they ran it is on the players who refused to play within the team concepts.

The players on this team play defense and there's no consistent ball stopping on offense. This is why we are holding teams down to below 100 even at times and we're giving an effort that just wasn't there last year. Everyone feels involved. I think if you look at how someone as good as Willy isn't even in the rotation anymore, shows you the biggest change. This year the focus is on defense, which is why we're so much better. The team does give up too many wide open three pointers, but their movement and coverage of the court is so much better. It's the biggest change from what I've seen.

Late last year there were some games where we played like how we are right now. I recall Nix and I talking about it in the game threads. There were a few games where there was no Rose, no Melo and we played fantastic team basketball and effort was there. Fast forward 6 months later, KP is now a monster with a post game, we've added some better players in the rotation and we've become a solid competitive team. This is all based on the same principles. Teamwork. Defensive effort. Wasn't Ron Baker playing for us last year? O'Quinn? Thomas? They're all doing the same things. The change without having Melo and Rose is instrumental. Everyone gives an effort on defense on each possession. There's ball movement. Sorry, this isn't a Triangle thing. This is a get rid of the team cancers thing. Again, ask Nix about how he and I were talking about having some games like this late last year where the team played without Melo and Rose. Wasn't about the wins. It was about how they played. They played the right way just like this team is. It's a pretty simple game when you have players give an effort and move the ball.

Meanwhile the Thunder ....... Ooops

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/kristaps-porzingis-unhappy-phil-jackson-knicks-015636997.html
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/17/2017  1:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2017  1:12 PM
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great win. OKC has issues.
it will be worse next year when george leaves and they are stuck with melo
i think Westbrook is a problem. Not sure how to fix that. I have heard a lot of speculation about Presti trading George so he gets something. Also, a lot of talk about Melo coming off the bench. I think that would be a good move. I think Melo would benefit from playing with Felton. I have only watched the last two Thunder games but Westbrook doesn't seem to pass to his left. Last night Melo was hitting everything and Westbrook was brutal but he never got him the ball.
westbrook has struggled but he will never be problem...he is elite. Melo hurts your cohesion as a team as we saw here. George is a real good two way player but im sure he bolts next year. They traded a lot of their depth
The Kobe/Gasol Lakers is probably a better blue print for building around Westbrook than their current collection of players. I think to maximize Westbrook he's gotta be the man and everybody has to be complimentary pieces to his talent.

Yeah Westbrook has to be put in an AI Sixers type setup but with a bunch of 3nD guys.

As great a talent as Westbrook is I don't think I want him on my team and I certainly wouldn't want to build a team around him. He puts up great assist numbers but do you see him really set his teammates up for easy shots? It's like he setting up his own shot and will pass if he sees someone open versus working to get someone an open look.

Besides the on the court challenges he also seems like a high maintenance type player with a prickly personality and can be a bit of a jerk at times. Great talent but you can have him.

Welpee

12/17/2017  1:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Lets be fair, it was way more complicated than just getting rid of Melo.
Welpee

12/17/2017  1:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Gotta hand it to Beas, he has been a great replacement/fill in for an injured KP. He reminds me of D-Will two years ago, only he's far more talented. I don't think he's a rotation player or starter on a playoff contender, but he should be in the plans longterm if he wants to stay for a decent contract as a backup/injury reserve for KP. 15 million over 3 years.

I never even thought it was a good idea to let D-Will go. Guys like this may not be there every night, but they are great fill ins during injuries and their talent is top notch. Cleveland's bench is filled with guys like this over the last few years. I hope we keep Beas.

If that dude could just be more focused he could definitely be an asset. Watch him give us nothing for the next two weeks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/17/2017  1:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

And Melo had 12 points on 18 shots! That's gotta be an embarrassing night for him.

5-18 is actually what he was putting up here as a Knick almost one out of every three games. Glad someone else has to put up with that now.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Bonn1997
USA
12/17/2017  1:19 PM
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Great win. OKC has issues.
it will be worse next year when george leaves and they are stuck with melo
i think Westbrook is a problem. Not sure how to fix that. I have heard a lot of speculation about Presti trading George so he gets something. Also, a lot of talk about Melo coming off the bench. I think that would be a good move. I think Melo would benefit from playing with Felton. I have only watched the last two Thunder games but Westbrook doesn't seem to pass to his left. Last night Melo was hitting everything and Westbrook was brutal but he never got him the ball.
westbrook has struggled but he will never be problem...he is elite. Melo hurts your cohesion as a team as we saw here. George is a real good two way player but im sure he bolts next year. They traded a lot of their depth
The Kobe/Gasol Lakers is probably a better blue print for building around Westbrook than their current collection of players. I think to maximize Westbrook he's gotta be the man and everybody has to be complimentary pieces to his talent.

Yeah Westbrook has to be put in an AI Sixers type setup but with a bunch of 3nD guys.

He needs a hall-of-fame center and needs to play in a depleted conference?
Bonn1997
USA
12/17/2017  1:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

5-18 is actually what he was putting up here as a Knick almost one out of every three games. Glad someone else has to put up with that now.

The one thing you could depend on from Melo was 20 shot attempts!
StarksEwing1

12/17/2017  1:27 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

thats true there were other problems but watching how the ball movement has been so great this year compared to the previous five years shows that he just wasnt a fit here
Welpee

12/17/2017  1:34 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

thats true there were other problems but watching how the ball movement has been so great this year compared to the previous five years shows that he just wasnt a fit here
I hate to be the keep it real dude, but I keep thinking about 22 out of our next 31 games will be on the road. As much as I've enjoyed the season so far I just can't get that out of my mind, especially since we've only built a 3 game cushion over .500 so far.
meloshouldgo

12/17/2017  1:37 PM
After all the excuses and the litany of made up stuff posted in his defense it boils down to this. even when paired up with the returning league MVP and one of the best two way players in the league and playing his favorite isolation basketball with no hint of triangle and no one bashing him in the media through Charlie Rosen articles, he still couldn't beat the team that was supposed to go 0-82 this year since thy can't win any games without Melo.

So now it's Westbrook's fault and George can't score, and their bench is depleted... Sound familiar?

Poor Billy Donovan, hope he is working on his resume. And whoever replaces him should probably start planning on moving again in a year as well, The Incredible Sulk has yet another season after this making 27 Million.

StarksEwing1

12/17/2017  1:39 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I hate to be the keep it real dude, but I keep thinking about 22 out of our next 31 games will be on the road. As much as I've enjoyed the season so far I just can't get that out of my mind, especially since we've only built a 3 game cushion over .500 so far.
i understand. Ive said that its gonna be tough in the second half of the year. We still need a couple pieces to add
meloshouldgo

12/17/2017  1:43 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i understand. Ive said that its gonna be tough in the second half of the year. We still need a couple pieces to add

I would rather just have this play out. We may not make it to the playoffs or even get a high pick, but that's ok. We have something that's really very elusive in today's NBA - we have TEAM chemistry. Too much tinkering may ruin that or put pressure on Jeff to play "star" players again. I don't expect hem to win a lot on the road, but I expect them to stick together as group. That's what will be looking for.

Game Thread: "stand,cheer, and Say Hello, Beat OKC and welcome back MELO"!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy