[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: KP and Enes must step up today (vs Lakers)
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/13/2017  4:08 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

I can't figure out McD either. GREAT cutting without the ball for so many layups. Good but not great 3pt shooter. And he seems to miss some VERY wide open shots where you would expect a knock-down shooter to just bury them.

Awful midrange shooter.

Better than advertised D. Very solid team player.

That's all I need - Keep him as back up SF, easy call. Moves the ball, moves without the ball and defends.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/13/2017  6:24 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:Tough call what to do with a guy like McD. I actually hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price.

I can't figure out McD either. GREAT cutting without the ball for so many layups. Good but not great 3pt shooter. And he seems to miss some VERY wide open shots where you would expect a knock-down shooter to just bury them.

Awful midrange shooter.

Totally agree. I thought he would be more Novak-like when left open but he has kinda disappointed me in that regard. Having said that, he has impressed me with his effort of defense and some of other areas of his game (like you mentioned, moving without the ball).
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/13/2017  6:29 PM
martin wrote:

Awful midrange shooter.

Not tough for me at all.
He's a good role player. If you look at how he plays off KP, I think we have to keep him.
Moves well without the ball. Can knock down shots if open. That's the sort of role player you want around KP.

I'm very interested to see how Frank, THJ, McD and KP would play together. Whether with Kanter, or perhaps more active defensively with Lance Thomas.

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/13/2017  6:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Going to be a lot of arguments about who teams chose in this draft, and it looks like it could be a good one, but it seems to me that Frank is looking like a player who could have been picked a little higher or a little lower...meaning he's a legit pick at 8.

Strangely enough, one of the guys I might taken before Frank, Isaac (I know he's hurt), has not played exceptionally well from what I've seen, and Fox, who was also on my list, has had some good games, but has clearly been up and down, and his shooting has been an issue. Tatum and Markkanen have been very good, but Fultz was so-so before his injury, and Jackson has not had the impact on Phoenix I was expecting him to have. Then you have Ball, who has had some moments, but is far from being the player Magic envisioned him being, especially as a team leader.

Which is why I'm not on board with the tanking the season mentality. You never really know what you're getting out of the draft unless the player is a no question/can't miss/future franchise player.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2017  8:46 PM
I think every very good team needs a player like Doug McDermot. His three point shooting will come around but his improved defense and ability to move without the ball will show to be very important to the Knicks, especially as KP becomes better and better and if Frankie Boy continues his overall improved play. It will be that much easier to find him.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2017  8:54 PM
man i am all over keeping mcbuckets. he is glue. anyone who's seen him live i would be very surprised if u didnt agree that he is all about effort, team and shockingly, intense physical D.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2017  8:58 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:I think every very good team needs a player like Doug McDermot. His three point shooting will come around but his improved defense and ability to move without the ball will show to be very important to the Knicks, especially as KP becomes better and better and if Frankie Boy continues his overall improved play. It will be that much easier to find him.

allanfan! how the hell are u big country!?

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2017  9:37 PM
Marv wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I think every very good team needs a player like Doug McDermot. His three point shooting will come around but his improved defense and ability to move without the ball will show to be very important to the Knicks, especially as KP becomes better and better and if Frankie Boy continues his overall improved play. It will be that much easier to find him.

Very good thanks and you? We need you around here more.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/14/2017  9:22 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Marv wrote:

Very good thanks and you? We need you around here more.

agree! DJ also (but only to throw rocks at and put red balls in his mouth)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GameThread: KP and Enes must step up today (vs Lakers)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy