[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is a smaller more versatile center better for a team with KP?
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

12/15/2017  7:57 AM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:If we move Kanter, who ever we put at the 5 needs to be a monster on the boards to make up for the lack of rebounding from KP.

Is KP a bad rebounder or is he just letting Kanter and KOQ grab extra boards whenever there's an instance where either one could grab the ball? I remember people thinking KP was a great rebounder and Rolo was a bad one early in KP's rookie year.

KP is not being asked to expend energy on rebounding, presumably because he is not there yet in terms of stamina. I don't think right now he could play 40-43 mins efficiently in a game....and yet when the time is right, that's what superstars do and are expected to do. He needs more strength training. He has not yet mastered having a much shorter much stronger defender on him and simply shooting over them. He does that well with people he can push around a little bit. I think he needs an even stronger base and core.

Remember that one game where he played 40 minutes, shot 14-26, 5-8 from downtown, 5 blocks, 37 points, 11 rebounds and carried the Knicks to a win on national television?

It was like 2 days ago.

Yeah and then the next game he got hurt, KP shouldn't play more than 28-30 minutes a night. Anymore than that your risking the entire franchise.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq

12/15/2017  8:08 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I watched golden state last night and they inserted Jordan bell into starting line up. A bit undersized but he did everything if not more( both sides) than what any of our centers can do as well. Pick 36 making 800 k and doing the job just as well as any of our multi millionaires

Second round picks don't matter, remember? Isn't that the justification people have used when we've traded ours away in foolish trades? And to think that Bell (or a Frank Mason) would've been in our range had we kept our 2017 second round pick in this past draft.

2nd round picks matter, but we should be able to purchase them easily, as GS did to get Bell. That being said, this year we have the Bulls pick (which is basically a late 1st) and another 2nd round pick, so this year we should be able to build our backend roster depth if we use them right. In my opinion, this draft will be one of our most critical in recent franchise history. If we land a good player in the mid 1st round, and at least 1 future rotation player in the 2nd round, we will have a chance to take a huge step forward from within. If we misfire, it will be a problem.

It still is a major issue that we only have three second round picks (VIA OTHER TEAMS) from now until 2021. It bothers me that we need to purchase second rounders just to reach the floor asset base for normal functioning teams. At the end of the day, every decision made comes with an opportunity cost and having to spend that $5 million to re-acquire inferior picks means we can't utilize that money to address other issues which still effectively handicaps us.

Where 2nd round picks are matter, How many NBA players have come from picks in the 50's. I can think of a few but basically the chance of getting a legit rotation player with a pick after 50 is very small, unless your the Spurs.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

12/15/2017  8:15 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:If we move Kanter, who ever we put at the 5 needs to be a monster on the boards to make up for the lack of rebounding from KP.

Is KP a bad rebounder or is he just letting Kanter and KOQ grab extra boards whenever there's an instance where either one could grab the ball? I remember people thinking KP was a great rebounder and Rolo was a bad one early in KP's rookie year.

My guess is because he's a good help defender he's usually out of position for rebounds.

thats some of it for sure and you don't want to take that away

Also, his offensive rebounds are lower because he's usually farther from the basket than most PF/Cs.

Your right and thats why Kanter is almost the ideal wingman for KP. He has the low base girth so he can match up with more physical centers, he has a great post game, and is a plus rebounder. He checks the majority of the boxes. He isn't a great passer, his defense is suspect, and you would like a little more of an outside shot but if he had all that he would be first team all NBA.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/15/2017  10:11 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I watched golden state last night and they inserted Jordan bell into starting line up. A bit undersized but he did everything if not more( both sides) than what any of our centers can do as well. Pick 36 making 800 k and doing the job just as well as any of our multi millionaires

Second round picks don't matter, remember? Isn't that the justification people have used when we've traded ours away in foolish trades? And to think that Bell (or a Frank Mason) would've been in our range had we kept our 2017 second round pick in this past draft.

2nd round picks matter, but we should be able to purchase them easily, as GS did to get Bell. That being said, this year we have the Bulls pick (which is basically a late 1st) and another 2nd round pick, so this year we should be able to build our backend roster depth if we use them right. In my opinion, this draft will be one of our most critical in recent franchise history. If we land a good player in the mid 1st round, and at least 1 future rotation player in the 2nd round, we will have a chance to take a huge step forward from within. If we misfire, it will be a problem.

It still is a major issue that we only have three second round picks (VIA OTHER TEAMS) from now until 2021. It bothers me that we need to purchase second rounders just to reach the floor asset base for normal functioning teams. At the end of the day, every decision made comes with an opportunity cost and having to spend that $5 million to re-acquire inferior picks means we can't utilize that money to address other issues which still effectively handicaps us.

Where 2nd round picks are matter, How many NBA players have come from picks in the 50's. I can think of a few but basically the chance of getting a legit rotation player with a pick after 50 is very small, unless your the Spurs.

...which is exactly my point. Trading our second round picks and buying inferior ones doesn't square things. It still leaves us handicapped because we're not in the range we want to be AND we lose another asset in the process.

Is a smaller more versatile center better for a team with KP?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy