Gamethread: Back to Back and back at MSG
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
12/10/2017  10:19 PM
I take all the credit for this W
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
12/10/2017  10:22 PM
FINAL
NYK 111 ATL 107
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/10/2017  10:49 PM
firefly wrote:I take all the credit for this W

How was the live action?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
firefly
United Kingdom
12/10/2017  11:07 PM
martin wrote:

How was the live action?

Awesome. Section 212. The new revamped MSG is a real pleasure.

As for the play. Totally agree Baker had a very good game and was very active. Jack's best game of the year outside of the two awful brain farts near the end. KP was obviously exhausted but got the job done. Kanter strangely quiet. Really impressed by how Lance never ever stops even with 5 fouls. Doug is the real deal as far as I can see and I would give him more shots. Beasley is the most utterly useless BB player I've ever seen. And Frank needs to be told to drive drive drive. I don't care if he gets rejected every time he needs to repeat getting into traffic over and over again. Love for KOQ as well.

Was a fun game that we really should have put to bed by the end of the 3rd. We're too thin I'm the scoring department.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/10/2017  11:35 PM
firefly wrote:
martin wrote:

How was the live action?

As for the play. Totally agree Baker had a very good game and was very active. Jack's best game of the year outside of the two awful brain farts near the end. KP was obviously exhausted but got the job done. Kanter strangely quiet. Really impressed by how Lance never ever stops even with 5 fouls. Doug is the real deal as far as I can see and I would give him more shots. Beasley is the most utterly useless BB player I've ever seen. And Frank needs to be told to drive drive drive. I don't care if he gets rejected every time he needs to repeat getting into traffic over and over again. Love for KOQ as well.

Was a fun game that we really should have put to bed by the end of the 3rd. We're too thin I'm the scoring department.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/11/2017  12:59 AM
this was probably the best game I have seen from Frank all season, just fearless, not tentative. He still has to cut back on TOs. It took 20-25 games, but the light bulb is on now. I think we will see a different Frank the rest of the season.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/11/2017  3:25 AM
Cartman718 wrote:this was probably the best game I have seen from Frank all season, just fearless, not tentative. He still has to cut back on TOs. It took 20-25 games, but the light bulb is on now. I think we will see a different Frank the rest of the season.

Definitely up there for me too. Of course we’d prefer zero TO’s by Frank but I can’t get mad at 1.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
12/11/2017  3:28 AM
nixluva wrote:
firefly wrote:
martin wrote:

How was the live action?

CLassic Burgandy! Great help D as well as man pressure.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/11/2017  7:09 AM
Happy to see Ron Baker do well.
Knew he was capable.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

12/11/2017  7:14 AM
Seeing Doug step up was really good and looks like KP is getting his mojo back bit by bit. Frank looked for his shot more. Our guards outside Lee were tremendous. Not a whole lot to complain about
The Future is Bright!
Cartman718

12/11/2017  10:02 AM
From NY Post...
Enes Kanter showed up for the Knicks game with the Hawks on Sunday on crutches.

So naturally, he started.

“If you’re going to make the playoffs, you’re going to make some sacrifices,” said Kanter, who was feeling the effects of getting kneed in the hip Saturday in Chicago — an injury that left him on crutches for two days. “I was in pain but [the doctors] just literally said, ‘Hey, if you want to play, we’re not going to say don’t play.’

“They just say, ‘OK, it’s your decision.’ ”

So Kanter, who missed three late-November games with back spasms, played — 18 minutes, scoring eight points.

“I don’t know how I’m going to feel in the morning — but we got the win, I’m good,” said Kanter, who impressed his teammates.

“This guy came in crutches today. I’ve never seen anything like that,” Kristaps Porzingis said. “He was able to play, starting the game. That guy is unbelievable. He’s a warrior.”

“He’s the first guy I’ve ever seen come to a game on crutches and still start the game and he’s about to leave on crutches,” Jarrett Jack said. “I’ve never seen that before in my 13 years in the league.”

“I gave him a ride home last night at about 3 a.m., when I got in, and pulling the crutches out of my car and helping him to his room, there’s no way this guy’s playing, but he’s a warrior,” Doug McDermott said.

Charles Oakley is back? :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/11/2017  10:13 AM
Cartman718 wrote:From NY Post...
Enes Kanter showed up for the Knicks game with the Hawks on Sunday on crutches.

So naturally, he started.

“If you’re going to make the playoffs, you’re going to make some sacrifices,” said Kanter, who was feeling the effects of getting kneed in the hip Saturday in Chicago — an injury that left him on crutches for two days. “I was in pain but [the doctors] just literally said, ‘Hey, if you want to play, we’re not going to say don’t play.’

“They just say, ‘OK, it’s your decision.’ ”

So Kanter, who missed three late-November games with back spasms, played — 18 minutes, scoring eight points.

“I don’t know how I’m going to feel in the morning — but we got the win, I’m good,” said Kanter, who impressed his teammates.

“This guy came in crutches today. I’ve never seen anything like that,” Kristaps Porzingis said. “He was able to play, starting the game. That guy is unbelievable. He’s a warrior.”

“He’s the first guy I’ve ever seen come to a game on crutches and still start the game and he’s about to leave on crutches,” Jarrett Jack said. “I’ve never seen that before in my 13 years in the league.”

“I gave him a ride home last night at about 3 a.m., when I got in, and pulling the crutches out of my car and helping him to his room, there’s no way this guy’s playing, but he’s a warrior,” Doug McDermott said.

Charles Oakley is back? :)

only way Kanter leaves is if he prices himself out. I think he just opts in and its a chat for another year, but his offensive rebounding and scoring under the basket is a great compliment to KP's length and midrange game. He's got a true NYC personality. Bring it. Lets do it. Get the phuk out of my face. Lebron? Suck it. So good. We were staying Melo too long. This group needs this kind of fire and desire. Great fit. Such a good trade
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
firefly
United Kingdom
12/11/2017  11:31 AM
Agree fishy. And explains why he was a little quiet last night. Wish we would have known I'd have cheered every second on the court
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/11/2017  11:50 AM
firefly wrote:Agree fishy. And explains why he was a little quiet last night. Wish we would have known I'd have cheered every second on the court
I am not even that bullish on Kanter. His defense is still below average. But he's got a great motor and offensive rebounding is huge. I like how he fits next to KP and I think he's still got another level he can get to. Time will tell, but can anyone argue that he's been a good addition? Both on the court and in the lockerroom... its been a very good fit
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/11/2017  2:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
firefly wrote:Agree fishy. And explains why he was a little quiet last night. Wish we would have known I'd have cheered every second on the court
I am not even that bullish on Kanter. His defense is still below average. But he's got a great motor and offensive rebounding is huge. I like how he fits next to KP and I think he's still got another level he can get to. Time will tell, but can anyone argue that he's been a good addition? Both on the court and in the lockerroom... its been a very good fit

I’ve noticed that Kanter has been taking more Midrange Jumpers lately. He was totally passing up open shots earlier but now seems more confident taking a few of those open looks.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/11/2017  3:19 PM
KP posting up regularly again, mixing things up, was the best thing to come out of this game. Frank's timely jumpers were a welcome development as well.
Cartman718

12/11/2017  3:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I’ve noticed that Kanter has been taking more Midrange Jumpers lately. He was totally passing up open shots earlier but now seems more confident taking a few of those open looks.

something noah used to do as well and has now somehow lost it after shoulder injury.

Gamethread: Back to Back and back at MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy