[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nets get ok4. 2018 2nd rd and booker
Author Thread
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

12/7/2017  9:01 PM
Okafor is a net negative on offense despite the points he puts up. He has some of the most atrocious defense out there.

Anyone who thinks Okafor is a good player is too incompetent to have a serious conversation about basketball.

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2017  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:I like it for the Nets and OK4. Dude needs a fresh start and with a VERY good Coaching staff. Atkinson will put in the work to get OK4's game right. That's a good environment for a young player.

That is almost exactly what Marks said. Also, I think Stauskas could do very well in the nets offense.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/7/2017  10:32 PM
Booker and Holmes are going to bring a ton of energy off the bench for the Sixers. Holmes is beasting tonight.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/7/2017  10:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Booker and Holmes are going to bring a ton of energy off the bench for the Sixers. Holmes is beasting tonight.

Holmes energy has been fantastic but that hair do tho

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/7/2017  10:55 PM
What a great 'take a flier' deal for the Nets. AND they got Stauskas + a 2nd rounder? Holy ****!

I wonder if we were ever even engaged in any conversation with the Sixers about this. I mean O'Quinn's 3 years younger than Booker and either on par or arguably better. Nets got a STEAL here. Even if it doesn't work, for what they gave up, you do this deal every day and twice on Sunday.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
12/8/2017  12:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  12:39 AM
Booker's a really good player - puts up big numbers when he gets starter minutes, a real difference maker when he's on the floor. A bit like a big man version of Jarrett Jack in terms of impact. Looks like he plays winning basketball.

If you think in terms of potential, wow, 2 lottery picks for a journeyman. The obvious piece that hurts of course is that Okafor had a pretty good rookie year then has gotten worse over time. Stauskas also has a few years under his belt and has not managed to find his game. Two bust reclamation projects for a journeyman, sure! Sign me up!

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/3/8694147/jahlil-okafor-scouting-report-nba-draft-2015-los-angeles-lakers

Stauskas... man, remember this video in the rain:

As far as we're concerned with the Knicks:
Okafor - we already have his potential upside here in Kanter... and Stauskas, we have a much better version of him in McDermott.

As a now Brooklyn resident and local sports fan, I think the world is a better place when both the Knicks and Nets are competitive. With Okafor and Russell, there's a little bit of rebuilding hope for the fans. Maybe... Russell's knee won't be a long term problem (pretty sure it will be)... and Okafor, well, hope he's healthy and begins to realize more of his potential. From a pure talent/upside standpoint, the Nets win. Worst case they gained an asset in the 2nd round pick. Booker wasn't a long term piece with the organization anyway.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/8/2017  12:36 AM
Finestrg wrote:What a great 'take a flier' deal for the Nets. AND they got Stauskas + a 2nd rounder? Holy ****!

I wonder if we were ever even engaged in any conversation with the Sixers about this. I mean O'Quinn's 3 years younger than Booker and either on par or arguably better. Nets got a STEAL here. Even if it doesn't work, for what they gave up, you do this deal every day and twice on Sunday.

If Okafor is willing to train and play hard-- he's going to shut people up. The nets have a good system for okafor. Love the guy allen they drafted and he should fit in well.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/8/2017  6:08 AM
Finestrg wrote:What a great 'take a flier' deal for the Nets. AND they got Stauskas + a 2nd rounder? Holy ****!

We don't need Okafor. We have Beasley!
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/8/2017  7:21 AM
Okafor's upside is what we already have in Kanter.
A really good post player who can rebound but not a great defensive presence.
I don't think we need to make that move, and we also need someone more physical next to KP.
Talent wise I think Willy's a great investment.

Where we need to focus on is more talent at 3 and 1. We need more than Frank at 1, and more than Doug at 3, longterm.

Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2017  7:33 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Okafor's upside is what we already have in Kanter.
I don't think we need to make that move, and we also need someone more physical next to KP.

Where we need to focus on is more talent at 3 and 1. We need more than Frank at 1, and more than Doug at 3, longterm.

Yes, especially 1 but 3 is a small concern
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2017  9:37 AM
No knicks in this conversation except for Briggs inclusion to want him. I get why because OK4 has the talent and his first half rookie season was strong. This kid is. Case of the body being ready to “fulfill my dream of playing at the highest level and be rich as shyt” but the mind not mature to get the physical sacrifice and mental fortitude it takes to be an adult, be under enormous pressure and still be a kid. He has nearly gone thru the motions. This is why the draft is so hard because really getting in a kids head is not an easy thing.
He and the nets get an opportunity. Nets are that kind of team that can do this. Low risk move. It’s a good playbook the nets are enacting. No short term buzz there. They dug a hole for themselves and have the GM and coach dialed in for the long term. No proof this works.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/8/2017  12:27 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Okafor's upside is what we already have in Kanter.

Okagor has the potential to be a much better passer than Kanter, I think. He showed great flashes at Duke. But he's soft. Say what you want about Enes, but the dude has a motor.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2017  1:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  1:40 PM
technomaster wrote:Booker's a really good player - puts up big numbers when he gets starter minutes, a real difference maker when he's on the floor. A bit like a big man version of Jarrett Jack in terms of impact. Looks like he plays winning basketball.

If you think in terms of potential, wow, 2 lottery picks for a journeyman. The obvious piece that hurts of course is that Okafor had a pretty good rookie year then has gotten worse over time. Stauskas also has a few years under his belt and has not managed to find his game. Two bust reclamation projects for a journeyman, sure! Sign me up!

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/3/8694147/jahlil-okafor-scouting-report-nba-draft-2015-los-angeles-lakers

Stauskas... man, remember this video in the rain:

As far as we're concerned with the Knicks:
Okafor - we already have his potential upside here in Kanter... and Stauskas, we have a much better version of him in McDermott.

As a now Brooklyn resident and local sports fan, I think the world is a better place when both the Knicks and Nets are competitive. With Okafor and Russell, there's a little bit of rebuilding hope for the fans. Maybe... Russell's knee won't be a long term problem (pretty sure it will be)... and Okafor, well, hope he's healthy and begins to realize more of his potential. From a pure talent/upside standpoint, the Nets win. Worst case they gained an asset in the 2nd round pick. Booker wasn't a long term piece with the organization anyway.

I don't think he got worse from his rookie year. The per game #s are lower just because he gets fewer min. He's just a volume scorer who struggles with most aspects of the game but appeals to people who want flashy scoring. I'd definitely expect that if you let him play the same min and take the same number of shots, he'd score about the same points as he did his rookie year, though.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/8/2017  4:12 PM
[/quote]
Okagor has the potential to be a much better passer than Kanter, I think. He showed great flashes at Duke. But he's soft. Say what you want about Enes, but the dude has a motor.
[/quote]

The motor is all the difference.

CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  4:28 PM
I heard someone on the radio this morning talking about how Philly now has 43 mil coming off the cap at the end of the season with Reddick, Booker, Johnson etc. being in the final years of their deal. Do they make a run LBJ?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/8/2017  5:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I heard someone on the radio this morning talking about how Philly now has 43 mil coming off the cap at the end of the season with Reddick, Booker, Johnson etc. being in the final years of their deal. Do they make a run LBJ?

That is the goal. Lebron & Simmons G/F duo would be different. But would kill the Cavs and propel them to finals contenders in the east. Heard they are also targeting Klay for when his deal is up in GS.

If they can't get Lebron though and decide to try and win right away rather then preserve space. Will Barton would be a good pickup. As would Ed Davis. Possible Rodney Hood would be available as well.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/8/2017  5:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I heard someone on the radio this morning talking about how Philly now has 43 mil coming off the cap at the end of the season with Reddick, Booker, Johnson etc. being in the final years of their deal. Do they make a run LBJ?

That's the rumor. Definitely looks more appealing than the Lakers, but I read family considerations are also playing a part in why LeBron likes the Lakers.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  5:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

That's the rumor. Definitely looks more appealing than the Lakers, but I read family considerations are also playing a part in why LeBron likes the Lakers.

I believe he just bought a second house in LA this week.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/8/2017  7:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

23 mill and his kids apparently looked for schools in the LA area.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
12/8/2017  11:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

23 mill and his kids apparently looked for schools in the LA area.

Wow. I didn't hear the part about looking for schools.
Nets get ok4. 2018 2nd rd and booker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy