[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nets get ok4. 2018 2nd rd and booker
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Posts: 50392
Alba Posts: 8
Joined: 7/30/2002
Member: #303
12/7/2017  4:46 PM
Not bad at all
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Posts: 28178
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
12/7/2017  4:48 PM
Good spot for him. They both have nothing to lose.
Gudris
Posts: 20896
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

12/7/2017  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2017  4:54 PM
He will be out of NBA in 3 years max
CrushAlot
Posts: 57507
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2017  4:55 PM
That is a great deal for them
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 57507
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2017  4:57 PM
Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
CrushAlot
Posts: 57507
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2017  5:00 PM
Pompey is reporting that the nets are getting the second round pick.
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
SupremeCommander
Posts: 32303
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

12/7/2017  5:29 PM
great deal for the nyets... I would have loved to make a similar deal but we don't need a fifth 5
Nalod said: You had me at the first sentence. Then you asked us to be your emotional tampon.
Ira
Posts: 24564
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/14/2001
Member: #91
12/7/2017  5:51 PM
Yawn. A non-event. Booker is almost a decent backup - but not quite. The Nets get a lot of nothing.
jrodmc
Posts: 30976
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
12/7/2017  6:02 PM
Down here in the swamps of south jersey, I hear alot of Sixers games,and outside of the big 2, all you hear is Covington and Reddick. What the hell happen to Stauskas? He was the real **** last season, I thought?
Hope is a good thing. And nothing good ever dies, but it just may not make the playoffs.
TripleThreat
Posts: 22106
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

12/7/2017  6:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.


Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second-round pick
For
Trevor Booker


Everyone is expiring, so the trade is really Booker for a 2nd (Philly had a ton of them) with Okafor and Stauskas as salary filler.

Booker is a 30 year old PF who can't space the floor. He can defend and he's an energy guy. He's not totally useless. Though it should say something that he is more useful than Okafor. Dario Saric is hurt and Okafor still could not get on the floor.

Kenny Atkinson is a great coach. Nothing against Hornacek, but I wish Atkinson was the Knicks coach. Not sure he's elite enough for this task though. OK4 is truly a worthless POS. I'm not talking about his raw skill set, I just mean his attitude, his sense of teamwork, his work ethic.

The biggest concern should be letting that doofus near Jarrett Allen.

"Should have paid Lin and rid ourselves of Melo. Lin makes every team better." - HofstraBBall 11/12/2018
KnickDanger
Posts: 20090
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

12/7/2017  6:11 PM
So Nets now have 2nd and 3rd players chosen in 2015 draft. Interesting to me we wouldn't even consider considering trading the 4th for both of them.
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/7/2017  6:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.

Good deal... Nets are doing well building the team via trades

Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/7/2017  6:28 PM
Ira wrote:Yawn. A non-event. Booker is almost a decent backup - but not quite. The Nets get a lot of nothing.

I love Booker on Philly.... Embiid got his enforcer

Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
TripleThreat
Posts: 22106
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

12/7/2017  6:31 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.

Good deal... Nets are doing well building the team via trades


It's really an expanded version of a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my roster problems for your roster problems. I would not classify Booker as a problem, but one of the factors in a challenge trade is if the change in scenery does something to spur something else out of what is basically a sunk cost.

If it's encouraging at all, it might mean Kyle O'Quinn might have a better market given this trade works as a quasi value benchmark thus far this season.

"Should have paid Lin and rid ourselves of Melo. Lin makes every team better." - HofstraBBall 11/12/2018
Bonn1997
Posts: 58648
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2017  6:32 PM
GustavBahler
Posts: 34948
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

12/7/2017  6:35 PM
jrodmc wrote: Down here in the swamps of south jersey, I hear alot of Sixers games,and outside of the big 2, all you hear is Covington and Reddick. What the hell happen to Stauskas? He was the real **** last season, I thought?

Bruce!!!!!

CrushAlot
Posts: 57507
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/7/2017  6:37 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.


Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second-round pick
For
Trevor Booker


Everyone is expiring, so the trade is really Booker for a 2nd (Philly had a ton of them) with Okafor and Stauskas as salary filler.

Booker is a 30 year old PF who can't space the floor. He can defend and he's an energy guy. He's not totally useless. Though it should say something that he is more useful than Okafor. Dario Saric is hurt and Okafor still could not get on the floor.

Kenny Atkinson is a great coach. Nothing against Hornacek, but I wish Atkinson was the Knicks coach. Not sure he's elite enough for this task though. OK4 is truly a worthless POS. I'm not talking about his raw skill set, I just mean his attitude, his sense of teamwork, his work ethic.

The biggest concern should be letting that doofus near Jarrett Allen.

Booker has played really well for the nets. He is a nice pick up for Philly but I think the Nets did really well. I think it was a worthwhile risk for the Nets. Booker had long been rumored as a guy they would trade to a contender at the deadline. I think Okafor may produce for the Nets. If not his deal is up. Certainly worth take the chance. When was Stauskas taken, 9th? Was he the guy the Kings owner was recorded yelling for the team to pick?
You playTrey Burke... Wally Szcerbiak
EnySpree
Posts: 44758
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

12/7/2017  6:40 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.

Good deal... Nets are doing well building the team via trades


It's really an expanded version of a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my roster problems for your roster problems. I would not classify Booker as a problem, but one of the factors in a challenge trade is if the change in scenery does something to spur something else out of what is basically a sunk cost.

If it's encouraging at all, it might mean Kyle O'Quinn might have a better market given this trade works as a quasi value benchmark thus far this season.

Booker isn't a problem at all. You have to give to get. Booker is gonna be a big help to their team in Philly. Okafor on the other hand is almost guaranteed a huge role. Kenny Atkinson should be able to work with him. Nets have nothing to lose and everything to gain here

Checkout my podcast "diehardknickspodcast" on itunes, Google podcast, spotify, anchor and others
BigDaddyG
Posts: 26265
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

12/7/2017  6:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Lowe tweeted that the nets are getting Stauskas in the deal.

Good deal... Nets are doing well building the team via trades


It's really an expanded version of a "Challenge Trade" i.e. my roster problems for your roster problems. I would not classify Booker as a problem, but one of the factors in a challenge trade is if the change in scenery does something to spur something else out of what is basically a sunk cost.

If it's encouraging at all, it might mean Kyle O'Quinn might have a better market given this trade works as a quasi value benchmark thus far this season.

Booker isn't a problem at all. You have to give to get. Booker is gonna be a big help to their team in Philly. Okafor on the other hand is almost guaranteed a huge role. Kenny Atkinson should be able to work with him. Nets have nothing to lose and everything to gain here


Booker has his plusses and minuses. He hustles and he's physical. But he'd have to do it at a Ben Wallace level to justify decent minutes. He's a good end of the bench guy. I have no idea what other teams where offering so I can't say if it was a good trade or not. Philly really does need more shooters, so the fact that they gave up on Staiskus says a lot.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Posts: 20090
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

12/7/2017  6:52 PM
That's our 2019 2nd rounder btw.
Nets get ok4. 2018 2nd rd and booker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.