blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
12/18/2017  9:34 AM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Bad sports dad. Bad stage dad.
Dude is putting his family life on TV, he is all out there and we can judge him. Pull his kid out of high school, bad move. Pull his kid out of college. Bad move. Let them be kids, let the earn their way.
Reality show all out there for us to view. Sorry, he is doing this. Not the Media.

So I haven't followed lavar like most here. I just have a soft spot when someone is quick to call anybody a bad dad......unless there was signs of abuse.

Listening to undisputed on lavar....i agree with everything they said about lavar. One thing I didn't hear any of them say is Lavar is a bad dad.

The main question is not good or bad.....but is it about Lavar or his kids. And we don't know his motivation. what i do know is Lavar is a side show self marketing dad.....Whos showing the world one way to build your brand. So far Lavar is very successful. Eventually....if Lavar keeps this up....The Ball brand will be a business that his boys can retire on.

This is bigger than basketball.....and for lavar to be successful....he feeds on this type of energy....like this thread and his millions of followers. The more hate Lavar receives about being a bad dad.....the more success him and the ball family will continue to have.

If this bigger vision of Lavar is true.....I don't see how anybody can call him bad.....Strang....weird....different....annoying yes. Bad No!

I guess I don't understand how abuse is now the standard for bad parenting? The kid did shoplifting in China - it shows lack of basic honesty and even the most simple value system. That's on his parents- no excuses.

I did way worse than steal some glasses. And my parents are the best parents I could've had. Got a street name after my mom in queens. Dad worked for the subway system for 30 years....hard worker. I would never say my parents were bad. Shoplifting doesn't deserve the death penalty. And doesn't reflect bad parenting.

How did your parents handle you when you messed up? I think home schooling the younger one might be even worse then pulling LIAngelo out of College. Social development among peers is important. Doing high school studies is important. Etc.
Lavar is running a puppy mill for his kids.

I was waiting for that question.....And now you will see why I'm so invested in this topic. From bad dad to pulling them out of school. I already told you my take on a bad dad vs a good dad. And I don't see any evidence of Lavar being a bad dad.

Pulling them out of school is exactly what happened to me. August Martin at the time wasn't the best school environment for me. So what did my parents do? Change my environment by sending me to military school. I was also home schooled in certain subjects. Long story short, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

So before we are quick to judge how another mans parenting skills......Understand that Lavars actions could be better for his kids in the long run. We don't know. My older sister begged my mom to not send me away. Til this day I tell my sister, I'm glad my mom didn't listen to you. We don't know how Lavars actions will impact his kids in the long run.

Man is never a good judge of another man. Because you are only looking through 1 mans perspective. 1 mans lens. This is why God is the only true judge. Humans are not equipped with that kind of vision or foresight. We can't see the inside of Lavars hearts and his intentions. We can't see if his impact on his kids are good or bad. All we can do is comment on the moment. And my experience on school...or home school...or father parenting....makes me less judge mental about another man.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

12/18/2017  9:43 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Bad sports dad. Bad stage dad.
Dude is putting his family life on TV, he is all out there and we can judge him. Pull his kid out of high school, bad move. Pull his kid out of college. Bad move. Let them be kids, let the earn their way.
Reality show all out there for us to view. Sorry, he is doing this. Not the Media.

So I haven't followed lavar like most here. I just have a soft spot when someone is quick to call anybody a bad dad......unless there was signs of abuse.

Listening to undisputed on lavar....i agree with everything they said about lavar. One thing I didn't hear any of them say is Lavar is a bad dad.

The main question is not good or bad.....but is it about Lavar or his kids. And we don't know his motivation. what i do know is Lavar is a side show self marketing dad.....Whos showing the world one way to build your brand. So far Lavar is very successful. Eventually....if Lavar keeps this up....The Ball brand will be a business that his boys can retire on.

This is bigger than basketball.....and for lavar to be successful....he feeds on this type of energy....like this thread and his millions of followers. The more hate Lavar receives about being a bad dad.....the more success him and the ball family will continue to have.

If this bigger vision of Lavar is true.....I don't see how anybody can call him bad.....Strang....weird....different....annoying yes. Bad No!

I guess I don't understand how abuse is now the standard for bad parenting? The kid did shoplifting in China - it shows lack of basic honesty and even the most simple value system. That's on his parents- no excuses.

I did way worse than steal some glasses. And my parents are the best parents I could've had. Got a street name after my mom in queens. Dad worked for the subway system for 30 years....hard worker. I would never say my parents were bad. Shoplifting doesn't deserve the death penalty. And doesn't reflect bad parenting.

How did your parents handle you when you messed up? I think home schooling the younger one might be even worse then pulling LIAngelo out of College. Social development among peers is important. Doing high school studies is important. Etc.
Lavar is running a puppy mill for his kids.

I was waiting for that question.....And now you will see why I'm so invested in this topic. From bad dad to pulling them out of school. I already told you my take on a bad dad vs a good dad. And I don't see any evidence of Lavar being a bad dad.

Pulling them out of school is exactly what happened to me. August Martin at the time wasn't the best school environment for me. So what did my parents do? Change my environment by sending me to military school. I was also home schooled in certain subjects. Long story short, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

So before we are quick to judge how another mans parenting skills......Understand that Lavars actions could be better for his kids in the long run. We don't know. My older sister begged my mom to not send me away. Til this day I tell my sister, I'm glad my mom didn't listen to you. We don't know how Lavars actions will impact his kids in the long run.

Man is never a good judge of another man. Because you are only looking through 1 mans perspective. 1 mans lens. This is why God is the only true judge. Humans are not equipped with that kind of vision or foresight. We can't see the inside of Lavars hearts and his intentions. We can't see if his impact on his kids are good or bad. All we can do is comment on the moment. And my experience on school...or home school...or father parenting....makes me less judge mental about another man.

Again, it works both ways. You can't judge him good or bad.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2017  9:45 AM
If Lavar sent Melo to basketball private school, I’d understand.
As I said, “Bad basketball dad”. I backed off “bad dad”.
And if you make a reality show about all this, I question any motive. Drama sells. opinion sells.
Talking about it sells. Your parents sent to you military school. That’s not nearl the same as what’s we talking about. Briggs father died when he was young. I have not seen my biological father since I’m 9. We all have our positions and perhaps having been a dad now for 26 years with two kids I can internalize my past and what I did or didn’t do for my kids. I dont doubt his love for his kids, I question his motivation for runnng a basketball puppy mill and if those basketball aspirations are always the best for his kids or what’s. Best for him. When he speaks he looks at times really out there and those kids are just along for the ride. Instinctively something feels wrong.
If you don’t care, don’t respond.
I’m a basketball fan and this guy pops up and stirs controversy for us to chew on.
blkexec
12/18/2017  9:55 AM
Nalod wrote:If Lavar sent Melo to basketball private school, I’d understand.
And if you make a reality show about all this, I question any motive. Drama sells. opinion sells.
Talking about it sells. Your parents sent to you military school. That’s not nearl the same as what’s we talking about. Briggs father died when he was young. I have not seen my biological father since I’m 9. We all have our positions and perhaps having been a dad now for 26 years with two kids I can internalize my past and what I did or didn’t do for my kids. I dont doubt his love for his kids, I question his motivation for runnng a basketball puppy mill and if those basketball aspirations are always the best for his kids or what’s. Best for him. When he speaks he looks at times really out there and those kids are just along for the ride. Instinctively something feels wrong.
I’m a basketball fan and this guy pops up and stirs controversy for us to chew on.

Good response....

And for the record....Anytime I read a post about a bad dad (bad basketball dad sounds better) it perks my interest. Same with pulling kids out of school.

But yes, Lavar gives us and the media plenty to talk about and stirs up these conversations all the time. Which is part of the marketing scheme that I'm sure his advisors are telling him to keep it up.

Hate to through in Trump, but I remember Trump following the same pattern. He started out as a joke, then his advisors told him to keep up the tweets....Keep verbally attacking other politicians, etc....Because that's what sells, as you said.

What I don't care about is feeding into Lavars Marketing....But at the same time, I respect the hustle.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
12/18/2017  11:32 AM
blkexec wrote:

Good response....

And for the record....Anytime I read a post about a bad dad (bad basketball dad sounds better) it perks my interest. Same with pulling kids out of school.

But yes, Lavar gives us and the media plenty to talk about and stirs up these conversations all the time. Which is part of the marketing scheme that I'm sure his advisors are telling him to keep it up.

Hate to through in Trump, but I remember Trump following the same pattern. He started out as a joke, then his advisors told him to keep up the tweets....Keep verbally attacking other politicians, etc....Because that's what sells, as you said.

What I don't care about is feeding into Lavars Marketing....But at the same time, I respect the hustle.

With trump we thought it was a scheme for exposure. Except its not, its the real deal. Good or bad.
I suppose its all going to sort its self out and we'll see how the boys do and BBB. Its a mans game and Lonzo has to perform. I suppose we glamorize the NBA lifestyle but we forget these are young men under an enormous amounts of pressure to perform. When they don't their dreams are shattered and they ware written about and fans yell all kind of nasty things. Imagine Anthony Bennett celebrated 1st pick then ceremoniously dismissed. Even Kid is a teenager and did nothing wrong other than have scouts misinterpret his potential. Everyone wants to point fingers to not accept the blame so the kid is left hanging. I have great empathy for these kids. Making millions does not obsolve them from the disappointment and their total self esteem most of their lives was hinged on being a celebrated athlete!
As for the Lavar and his inability to take any criticism at all is just part of the act to me. That part I don't care about. Lets be real, he is hawking high end apparel and that its only for the big dogs! Whats wrong is Lonzo has not accomplished yet and brand endorsement. Lavar has run his house as a puppy mill and he has not really done much other than be their dad and talk a lot. Not saying he is a bad person.
Kardashians sell a lifestyle but they don't target the high end because those with money think they are trash. Celebrity is not substance.
Perceptions matter. Marbury was applauded for bringing low cost apparel and footware to the market but it was not a successful venture. I get the social benefit of that but Marbury was not in it for the charity nor were any of the investors. BBB is promoting high luxury goods and I would imagine there is some pushback that its not a good role model for young urban kids with money struggles. Im not going there as there are lots of high end goods that are appealing to lots of people that can't afford it.
I get my back up on the radio host making a racial issue with Lavar not being respected by the nike and Adida's and if they are some how taking advantage of players.
Lonzo himself was not a big enough star to be "bankable". The kid is a good player but hardly charismatic. Its not like he was Magic or Bird who played in the championship game and watched by the masses. Not like the Lebron machine was in highschool, not Even like Jordan who hit a game winning shot in a NCAA championship game!
Other than Lavars expectations how did the apparel companies diss him? By not giving him what he wanted?

Welpee

12/18/2017  2:02 PM
Nalod wrote:As for the Lavar and his inability to take any criticism at all is just part of the act to me. That part I don't care about. Lets be real, he is hawking high end appareland that its only for the big dogs!
Lol, what makes it high end apparel other than Lavar saying that it's high end and pricing it as such? Do we even know if it was created by a legit sneaker designer?
Nalod
USA
12/18/2017  2:03 PM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:As for the Lavar and his inability to take any criticism at all is just part of the act to me. That part I don't care about. Lets be real, he is hawking high end appareland that its only for the big dogs!
Lol, what makes it high end apparel other than Lavar saying that it's high end and pricing it as such? Do we even know if it was created by a legit sneaker designer?

Lavar loves his kids. It must be high end.

Nalod
USA
12/18/2017  2:13 PM
Misson statement from their website.
https://bigballerbrand.com/

Prices are humorous.....

BIG BALLER BRAND is a Lifestyle Apparel company founded on core family values, and inspired by the 3 Ball brothers from Chino Hills, California.
Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo Ball are basketball players with Championship pedigree.
We are always striving for excellence through strong work ethic, passion, and commitment to win as a team.
Our company goal and purpose is to deliver the same qualities into the brand.
We are dedicated to produce the highest quality products to build brand loyalty.
Our mission is to provide a clothing line that is a reflection of what every Big Baller in the world expresses through what they wear.
Trust Big Baller Brand as a Lifestyle for the latest in apparel fashion and design for any occasion.
Welcome to our family
Welpee

12/18/2017  2:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2017  3:40 PM
Nalod wrote:Misson statement from their website.

Prices are humorous.....

BIG BALLER BRAND is a Lifestyle Apparel company founded on core family values, and inspired by the 3 Ball brothers from Chino Hills, California.
Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo Ball are basketball players with Championship pedigree.
We are always striving for excellence through strong work ethic, passion, and commitment to win as a team.
We are dedicated to produce the highest quality products to build brand loyalty.
Our mission is to provide a clothing line that is a reflection of what every Big Baller in the world expresses through what they wear.
Trust Big Baller Brand as a Lifestyle for the latest in apparel fashion and design for any occasion.
Welcome to our family
Lebron James (best player in the world) sneakers sell for $180. Lonzo Ball (under achieving rookie) sneakers sell for $495-$695. It's also hilarious how every 30 seconds or every time you click a new page at little window pops up saying somebody just bought something.
blkexec
12/18/2017  4:42 PM
Welpee wrote:

Prices are humorous.....

Welcome to our family
Lebron James (best player in the world) sneakers sell for $180. Lonzo Ball (under achieving rookie) sneakers sell for $495-$695. It's also hilarious how every 30 seconds or every time you click a new page at little window pops up saying somebody just bought something.

Lavar is using the media to publicize his brand....Called free marketing. This is what I thought Trump did....use the media to publicize his brand and get more votes.

I think most people will start following this same trend. Find a topic and person to talk about and be an A-hole on live TV. This seems to be the new way to build up your brand and obtain more followers.

Welpee

12/18/2017  8:08 PM
blkexec wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Prices are humorous.....

Welcome to our family

Lavar is using the media to publicize his brand....Called free marketing. This is what I thought Trump did....use the media to publicize his brand and get more votes.

I think most people will start following this same trend. Find a topic and person to talk about and be an A-hole on live TV. This seems to be the new way to build up your brand and obtain more followers.

Yeah, but just because people know you and your product it doesn't mean anyone's buying it.
Nalod
USA
12/19/2017  11:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2017  12:13 PM
$50 tee shirts. $500+ shoes.
Im not in this demographic they are targeting. What is the opinion "Cred" for those that are of "BBB"? Is it showing up in clubs?
All apparel companies have problems with Chinese counterfeit goods. They might be especially susceptible because they are so small and it might pleasure the Chinese gov't who in the aftermath are a bit embarrassed to seek some sort of retribution and "Turn their heads" at counterfeit BBB goods.
Karma is a bitch.
Welpee

12/19/2017  2:22 PM
Nalod wrote:$50 tee shirts. $500+ shoes.
Im not in this demographic they are targeting. What is the opinion "Cred" for those that are of "BBB"? Is it showing up in clubs?
All apparel companies have problems with Chinese counterfeit goods. They might be especially susceptible because they are so small and it might pleasure the Chinese gov't who in the aftermath are a bit embarrassed to seek some sort of retribution and "Turn their heads" at counterfeit BBB goods.
Karma is a bitch.
I don't travel in those circles either, but I doubt very seriously you're going to see anybody stepping out of their Cadillac Escalade wearing "Big Baller Brand" anything. If anything, folks will probably laugh at you for being suckered into rocking that overpriced gear.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

12/19/2017  6:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Good response....

With trump we thought it was a scheme for exposure. Except its not, its the real deal. Good or bad.
I suppose its all going to sort its self out and we'll see how the boys do and BBB. Its a mans game and Lonzo has to perform. I suppose we glamorize the NBA lifestyle but we forget these are young men under an enormous amounts of pressure to perform. When they don't their dreams are shattered and they ware written about and fans yell all kind of nasty things. Imagine Anthony Bennett celebrated 1st pick then ceremoniously dismissed. Even Kid is a teenager and did nothing wrong other than have scouts misinterpret his potential. Everyone wants to point fingers to not accept the blame so the kid is left hanging. I have great empathy for these kids. Making millions does not obsolve them from the disappointment and their total self esteem most of their lives was hinged on being a celebrated athlete!
As for the Lavar and his inability to take any criticism at all is just part of the act to me. That part I don't care about. Lets be real, he is hawking high end apparel and that its only for the big dogs! Whats wrong is Lonzo has not accomplished yet and brand endorsement. Lavar has run his house as a puppy mill and he has not really done much other than be their dad and talk a lot. Not saying he is a bad person.
Kardashians sell a lifestyle but they don't target the high end because those with money think they are trash. Celebrity is not substance.
Perceptions matter. Marbury was applauded for bringing low cost apparel and footware to the market but it was not a successful venture. I get the social benefit of that but Marbury was not in it for the charity nor were any of the investors. BBB is promoting high luxury goods and I would imagine there is some pushback that its not a good role model for young urban kids with money struggles. Im not going there as there are lots of high end goods that are appealing to lots of people that can't afford it.
I get my back up on the radio host making a racial issue with Lavar not being respected by the nike and Adida's and if they are some how taking advantage of players.
Lonzo himself was not a big enough star to be "bankable". The kid is a good player but hardly charismatic. Its not like he was Magic or Bird who played in the championship game and watched by the masses. Not like the Lebron machine was in highschool, not Even like Jordan who hit a game winning shot in a NCAA championship game!
Other than Lavars expectations how did the apparel companies diss him? By not giving him what he wanted?

Trump attracted his followers like flies because he said the stuff publicly that was only said the sanctuary of folks home or in the office or other environments with "like minded people"

These closet racists...which not all of them are....some believed the used car salesman pitch....others...the ones that already had resentment, anger, fear, etc for certain segments of the population...heard this dog whistle and started barking....plain and simple..

Lavar Ball is a minstrel show....as someone mentioned earlier the kids are forced to go along with the ride...however that is his hustle....and the bottom line for him is the moolah....

I personally do not see him setting the example for his sons...but those are his kids and not mine....if it works for him who am I to question.

But I strongly believe in the power of education and by taking out his 2 sons..particularly the young one I think...my opinion strictly is a mistake

JesseDark
Member: #467
12/20/2017  5:27 PM
I saw a report that Lavar is planning on starting a league for guys who don't want to go to college. Now that could be a move that I support. He can't exploit them any worst than the NCAA can.
Bring back dee-fense
blkexec
12/20/2017  8:25 PM
JesseDark wrote:I saw a report that Lavar is planning on starting a league for guys who don't want to go to college. Now that could be a move that I support. He can't exploit them any worst than the NCAA can.

And they thought this man was crazy.

He used that to gain followers, along with his boys. I bet he's now surrounded by guys with similar motivations.

This is exactly what I was talking about. He's developing a brand that will be hard to go away, and something his kids and their kids would benefit from.

This is better than going overseas right now. You get 4 yrs in prison for sending the wrong tweet or stealing glasses. I wouldn't want my kids to be in that environment. I rather they stay local.

Gotta love the hustle!

JesseDark
Member: #467
12/20/2017  10:15 PM
blkexec wrote:
JesseDark wrote:I saw a report that Lavar is planning on starting a league for guys who don't want to go to college. Now that could be a move that I support. He can't exploit them any worst than the NCAA can.

And they thought this man was crazy.

He used that to gain followers, along with his boys. I bet he's now surrounded by guys with similar motivations.

This is exactly what I was talking about. He's developing a brand that will be hard to go away, and something his kids and their kids would benefit from.

This is better than going overseas right now. You get 4 yrs in prison for sending the wrong tweet or stealing glasses. I wouldn't want my kids to be in that environment. I rather they stay local.

Gotta love the hustle!

If he can pull this off it would be a game changer. Yeah, gotta love that hustle.

Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
USA
12/21/2017  8:47 AM
Gleague age minimum is 18. NBA is 19.
Lavar is an idea man. Just words to keep hi name out there. Junior league? The money he is talking about is comparable to GLeague. Remember its a 5 month season. No, college is not for everyone but high school is.
The Euros that turn pro at age 14 like KP? They still get educated. One reason they have junior pro in Europe is not every high school has basketball or its not competitive for some players.
No, college is not for everyone but high school is. Lavar is totally full of shyt.
Besides, where is the money? Let the kids finish highschool then play in the GLeague if they don’t want to go to Duke or Kentucky. They can play in Europe but most teams don’t give big minutes to 18 year olds and there is the cultural divide. Lavar is a talking wonder.
blkexec
12/21/2017  10:30 AM
I got two boys....both in sports. If my boys look like the real deal, and just not getting the exposure they deserve, I'm doing my best Lavar Ball impression. I will start tweeting that my son is better than Jerry Rice. Then show only his highlight plays at 12. And whenever a camera and mic is in my face, I will turn on my Lavar Ball impression. It worked for him why not me. Balls mouth is the cheapest marketing tool you have......Basically what hes telling us is to use it, regardless of the system. Social media is the cheapest tool for marketing your brand.
Nalod
USA
12/21/2017  11:05 AM
blkexec wrote:I got two boys....both in sports. If my boys look like the real deal, and just not getting the exposure they deserve, I'm doing my best Lavar Ball impression. I will start tweeting that my son is better than Jerry Rice. Then show only his highlight plays at 12. And whenever a camera and mic is in my face, I will turn on my Lavar Ball impression. It worked for him why not me. Balls mouth is the cheapest marketing tool you have......Basically what hes telling us is to use it, regardless of the system. Social media is the cheapest tool for marketing your brand.

Lonzo did not make it to be the 2nd pick because of his dads self bravado. Lonzo is not the pg on the lakers because how many followers he has. He did it on talent. Lavar got his celerity because of his kid.
Nothing inherently wrong with that. Nothing wrong with wanting your kids to be successful.
But when you start pulling them out of school and controlling their lives with the benefit of serving yourself when then there is a line that could be crossed.
Did Lavar cross that line? DId he pull 16 year old out of school to serve his own interests? High School, we talking basic education!!!!
If Liangelo is good enough to play proball, that's fine, kid is 18 years old. He graduated high school, went to school dances, accomplished things.
I take a bullet for my kids welfare, but I won't put my own interests in front of theirs.
Time will tell.

Lavar is a bad dad....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy