[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lavar is a bad dad....
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/6/2017  12:55 PM
blkexec wrote:This depends on your perspective.

If you grew up in a two parent home and your dad was active in your life....

vs

Others may grow up in a single parent hone and didn't have a dad that was involved in your life...

Let's put it this way. without his dad, there's no sons. He's the reason everybody is talking about his kids.....its not their skills. So lavar is a great dad from my perspective. Did he make mistakes here and there....of course....God is perfect and humans are flawed. I see this situation exactly opposite than most who replied to this thread. But the beauty of America is it's ok to disagree.....without spreading hate.

Yeah my dad died when I wa s7--wish I had a dad that had my back like that. Stupid single-minded post.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/6/2017  1:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

Others may grow up in a single parent hone and didn't have a dad that was involved in your life...

Let's put it this way. without his dad, there's no sons. He's the reason everybody is talking about his kids.....its not their skills. So lavar is a great dad from my perspective. Did he make mistakes here and there....of course....God is perfect and humans are flawed. I see this situation exactly opposite than most who replied to this thread. But the beauty of America is it's ok to disagree.....without spreading hate.

Yeah my dad died when I wa s7--wish I had a dad that had my back like that. Stupid single-minded post.

There are many ways to the temple...
So far results are mixed. Future will tell the story.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2017  1:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

So bad dad better than No dad?
Hey, you dragged your dad into this but im not taking that bait.
I can appreciate your perspective but its way beyond were we should go.
Lets move on to Dads that live vicariously thru their sons.
Lets discuss that if any of his sons are successful but not happy, even if wealthy, is that a worthy quest? Does Lavars actions make the kids more well rounded?
Does having a son being in the NBA qualify as good dad?
What does Lavar do for living? Create his sons into basketball players?
Nobody said he don't love his kids or does not have good intentions. Behind many athletes is someone in their corner. A mother, grandmother, father, grandfather, or a surrogate AAU coach. Most are loving good people.
Perhaps "Bad Dad" is a bit harsh, but "Lavar pulling his kid is a bad act because......" is better.
I thought the Williams sisters dad did a great job rounding out those girls ton not just handle wealth and fame, but deal with the crap that goes with it. They seem interested in other pursuits and appear to be emotionally well rounded considering their incredible success. Tiger woods not so. Can't say his dad did a bad job as but somewhere along the line tiger lost his way.
I like Lonzo. No so much Lavar. Hope the boys are not warped by their fathers dreams. Todd Maranovich, Pete Marovich are two that come to mind with super talent but sadness. Dominant fathers can sometimes have adverse effect.
A good dad is golden. A good dad gone premature is tragic.
Im the spawn of a dead beat dad who I have not seen in 45 years. No dad better than bad dad in my book.

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

12/6/2017  3:28 PM
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

Yes sir, Mr. Fortune Cookie

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
12/6/2017  4:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

Yes sir, Mr. Fortune Cookie

Man... you really have a problem with people who have no problems...
Don't worry, be happy!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/7/2017  6:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

Yeah, when it's all said and done, great parenting is all about learning the true value of selling stupid, insanely overpriced swag and being on TMZ as much as possible. Great posts.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

12/7/2017  6:25 PM
Nalod wrote:Dude pulled his kid out of school? Has the other home schooled. Is this man out of his mind?
I hate trump. But he should have thanked him.
He should let his kid take the punishment at UCLA. He might not be a good player just yet but he could make him a man. Instead he is weakening him.
The kid messed up and got off easy in china. That was a gift. To say he is being punished harder at home is awful.
To pull him out of a situation where he has to grow up is awful. These kids need to be men to handle the pressure of being a pro ball player if they are even that good.
Shame on Lavar for doing that to his kid. He needs to be a dad first, not some promoter of "Baller".

If the US had a different President, the same thing would have happened.

If this was not the Ball family, but a different family, with the oldest in the NBA, the same thing would have happened.

The international basketball community is very close knit. Having LiAngelo Ball sit in a foreign prison just creates too much negative groundswell. Esp with China about to host a future Winter Olympics. The IOC doesn't want to deal with it, China doesn't want to deal with it, the US doesn't want to deal with it.

LAB will never play professionally. The Asian league won't have him now. He's not talented enough to be in the NBA. It remains to be seen if the Euro leagues will want him. The Balls also have an AAU background, so it's not a huge stretch to see why blkexec takes the position he does.

Here's the thing about the AAU. Probably 10 percent of the time, the team and the handlers are on the up and up. Trying to be actually legit, handling things legit, not looking to pocket cash, curry favor, get free swag and exploit young players and their parents. The other 90 percent of the time? Predators trying to f**k you over, your kids over, and see how much they can get as fast as they can get it.

Ask yourself if the things blkexec says here are within the 1 in 10 chance he genuinely cares about young players and player development and the love of the game. Or if he's within the 9 out of 10 who would f**k you over right now, for the loose change in your pocket. Notice when he talks about the AAU, he never mentions the kids and parents who get completely gang raped over by handlers, shills and parasites associated with getting some of that shoe money.

LiAngelo Ball sold his good name for something worth a few measly bucks. His good name. For the rest of his life.

Your good name and your word has to mean something in this life.

" A man should be proud of all the moments in his life, not just the time he played" said by a regretful Lawrence Taylor.

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
12/7/2017  7:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I am a father of two and disagree with you on this, Nalod.
I think Lavar is a great dad. He is always behind his kid. He is making some classic parental mistakes, but rest assure his kids know their dad is always behind them. That's why all 3 of them have become very good basketball players, and two look like locks to make it in the league.

This is a joke right? Lavar is a frickin lunatic. He's got serious issues. He is forcing his kids to do things he wants. Not what they want. And that's only on the surface.

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/7/2017  7:28 PM
That noise that sounds like a party is coming from Steve Alford's house. So he gets the benefits of coaching the only Ball brother who is an impact player, he dodges having to coach the other two less talented brothers and he rids himself of having to deal with daddy Ball. This couldn't have worked out better for Alford.
Welpee

12/7/2017  7:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2017  7:42 PM
I think Lavar is a great dad. He is always behind his kid. He is making some classic parental mistakes, but rest assure his kids know their dad is always behind them. That's why all 3 of them have become very good basketball players, and two look like locks to make it in the league.
The reality is we don't know what kind of dad Lavar really is. We're not in his house everyday. All we see is what he chooses to reveal to us and the end result with his kids. How many times have you heard about people who seem to be good dudes publicly then stuff gets revealed that shocks people.

And really judging people's parenting by their kids is dicey. There are some great kids who come from jacked up family situations. And there are some horrible kids who had parents who did everything right and they still turned out to be bums.

The bottom line is we have no idea how great or bad a parent Lavar Ball is.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
12/7/2017  7:57 PM
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

Yeah, when it's all said and done, great parenting is all about learning the true value of selling stupid, insanely overpriced swag and being on TMZ as much as possible. Great posts.

I have a good feeling Lavar Ball took a positive involved parenting position from the 2 nd the kids were born. That he changed diapers gave his kids time cared for them from minute1. One of his sons just drafted #2 in the nba. Has he been self serving as the kids have become marketable-- yes. Does that make him a bad parent-- absolutely not. Also in a day where many people seem to stray from their wives -- he has stuck by his wife through very serious illness. He's a big mouth but down deep he's a good man.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee

12/7/2017  9:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

vs

I have a good feeling Lavar Ball took a positive involved parenting position from the 2 nd the kids were born. That he changed diapers gave his kids time cared for them from minute1. One of his sons just drafted #2 in the nba. Has he been self serving as the kids have become marketable-- yes. Does that make him a bad parent-- absolutely not. Also in a day where many people seem to stray from their wives -- he has stuck by his wife through very serious illness. He's a big mouth but down deep he's a good man.

So how much time have you personally spent in the Ball household?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/7/2017  10:21 PM
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/8/2017  6:35 AM
Welpee wrote:
The reality is we don't know what kind of dad Lavar really is. We're not in his house everyday. All we see is what he chooses to reveal to us and the end result with his kids. How many times have you heard about people who seem to be good dudes publicly then stuff gets revealed that shocks people.

And really judging people's parenting by their kids is dicey. There are some great kids who come from jacked up family situations. And there are some horrible kids who had parents who did everything right and they still turned out to be bums.

The bottom line is we have no idea how great or bad a parent Lavar Ball is.

Completely agree

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee

12/8/2017  8:15 AM

vs

We have really set the bar low when being a great dad is providing sperm and marketing your kid's basketball career.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2017  10:44 AM
I guess when you compare something to the worst possible definition of that same category, it'll always be better.

But how about the perspective of doing the best he can given what he is capable of doing in that role/circumstance?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/8/2017  10:53 AM
Good dad Bad dad is truly in my opinion for something for the offspring to decide.
Everyone else's thoughts on the subject are irrelevant. There is no such thing as perfect human being. Therefore, all dads are imperfect. There's always going to be things in your own dad that you see were great and then not so great if you look at it objectively. To sit here and say, Lavar is a bad dad or anyone's dad is a bad dad....Well who are you say that? He's not your dad, your opinion doesn't count.

If his children grow up to think he is/was a great dad, that's all that matters at the end of the day.
If they grow up and reflect back and say, I got what I needed and wanted from my dad, that's the end of the discussion.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee

12/8/2017  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  11:16 AM
martin wrote:I guess when you compare something to the worst possible definition of that same category, it'll always be better.

But how about the perspective of doing the best he can given what he is capable of doing in that role/circumstance?

I agree with both you and Cartman718. A great dad is doing the best you can for your family and the judge of that isn't a bunch of posters on a message board or talking heads on TV.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2017  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2017  12:20 PM
There are over 400 nba players. Some don't have active fathers in their lives. Might be an uncle, grandfather, coach, etc. How many are more famous then their kids? He is loud and brash that gets him noticed and creates his brand. How was pulling kids off the court serving his kids? Or serving his ego?
Good dad's think of the over all health of their kids. Mental health included.
My kid at one time was top 100-150 ice hockey players in the country at age 13. I have seen a lot of bad dads (we talking about sports ONLY!!!) in my day and Lavar is not a terrible person but there is an unhealthy aspect to what he is doing. Its self serving and it appears to put himself infront of the health of his two younger sons.
He is trying to mold his kids. The kids are in a vacuum. Do all three really want this? Are they really that good? Archie Manning created his own little factory and he seemed to do just fine being in the background compared to Lavar. Cooper Manning suffered an injury and could not go forward. Did he get an education and adapt to have a full and happy life? That would be my concern. Payton in college had his "Dumb Jock" moment sticking his junk in the face of a female trainer. It hurt him. What we don't see is repeatable pattern of him. I hope LiAngelo is able to move forward. Its not about the nature of the crime as shop lifting as he did is not violent. But its a clear violation or respect for the laws, his team, UCLA and his family. Breaking rules is not always about the nature of the violation.
I never permitted my son's hockey talent to be reason for dismissal of his responsibilities.
Now Im not suggesting Lavar let his kid sit in jail, but I don't like his attitude that somehow this was no big deal. There were coaches, lawyers, diplomats that all had to intervene!!!! UCLA made commitments to the Ball family and he just bolted on them as well.
So lets say "Bad Sports Dad".......
Curious who takes his two sons now. They are taking on kids to play with men and the Lavar circus. Culturally this won't be easy nor would playing with men who might enjoy beating the snot out of them.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/8/2017  3:29 PM
Nalod wrote:There are over 400 nba players. Some don't have active fathers in their lives. Might be an uncle, grandfather, coach, etc. How many are more famous then their kids? He is loud and brash that gets him noticed and creates his brand. How was pulling kids off the court serving his kids? Or serving his ego?
Good dad's think of the over all health of their kids. Mental health included.
My kid at one time was top 100-150 ice hockey players in the country at age 13. I have seen a lot of bad dads (we talking about sports ONLY!!!) in my day and Lavar is not a terrible person but there is an unhealthy aspect to what he is doing. Its self serving and it appears to put himself infront of the health of his two younger sons.
He is trying to mold his kids. The kids are in a vacuum. Do all three really want this? Are they really that good? Archie Manning created his own little factory and he seemed to do just fine being in the background compared to Lavar. Cooper Manning suffered an injury and could not go forward. Did he get an education and adapt to have a full and happy life? That would be my concern. Payton in college had his "Dumb Jock" moment sticking his junk in the face of a female trainer. It hurt him. What we don't see is repeatable pattern of him. I hope LiAngelo is able to move forward. Its not about the nature of the crime as shop lifting as he did is not violent. But its a clear violation or respect for the laws, his team, UCLA and his family. Breaking rules is not always about the nature of the violation.
I never permitted my son's hockey talent to be reason for dismissal of his responsibilities.
Now Im not suggesting Lavar let his kid sit in jail, but I don't like his attitude that somehow this was no big deal. There were coaches, lawyers, diplomats that all had to intervene!!!! UCLA made commitments to the Ball family and he just bolted on them as well.
So lets say "Bad Sports Dad".......
Curious who takes his two sons now. They are taking on kids to play with men and the Lavar circus. Culturally this won't be easy nor would playing with men who might enjoy beating the snot out of them.

shut up. you are definitely being very judgy about his parenting.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Lavar is a bad dad....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy