[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank should be playing in the g league
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/4/2017  11:08 PM
He’s progressively getting worse. He’s lost any of the pg aspects we saw early— he can’t shoot- he’s just not an nba player right now
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2017  11:16 PM
is there a g-league of discussion boards we can send you to? maybe up your game?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/4/2017  11:19 PM
Dont believe we have a red alert here, but if Hornacek wanted to send Frank to the G league to work on his dribble drive, it wouldnt be the end of the world. Frank needs to work on his lateral movement as well.
martin
USA
12/4/2017  11:24 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe we have a red alert here, but if Hornacek wanted to send Frank to the G league to work on his dribble drive, it wouldnt be the end of the world. Frank needs to work on his lateral movement as well.

Thought he has been overcompensating in the PnR defense and keeps leaving him behind his player.

Can't wait to see Frank after this summer and realistically after 2 summers. Think he will have the same sort of Jump as KP did, just not as dramatic.

Ruckers league is a good idea for him

GustavBahler

12/5/2017  12:16 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe we have a red alert here, but if Hornacek wanted to send Frank to the G league to work on his dribble drive, it wouldnt be the end of the world. Frank needs to work on his lateral movement as well.

Thought he has been overcompensating in the PnR defense and keeps leaving him behind his player.

Can't wait to see Frank after this summer and realistically after 2 summers. Think he will have the same sort of Jump as KP did, just not as dramatic.

Ruckers league is a good idea for him

Agree. If Frank plays aggressive at Rucker, I believe he will be aggressive in the NBA. Because the crowd there is so unforgiving, as well as welcoming, to NBA players.

BRIGGS
12/5/2017  5:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  6:02 AM
martin wrote:is there a g-league of discussion boards we can send you to? maybe up your game?

Right now the “ nba” is a step above Franks skill level. Sometimes I watch L Ball and think he’s not ready( and he’s light years ahead of Frank) Why would the g league help Frank? It would be a very reasonable substitute for where he should be learning— college. And if anyone thinks he would dominate in USA colleges rift now— think again. He’s best served by learning at a more manageable level— he’s not playing well enough to be a rotational nba player right now whether you get it or not— he needs development - but this league is well above him right now

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/5/2017  6:07 AM
Sessions isn't any better and Jack is either a backup PG or backup backup. You have to play someone!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/5/2017  6:48 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Sessions isn't any better and Jack is either a backup PG or backup backup. You have to play someone!

I agree with Briggs, but Bonn is right!

How did Ron Baker look? I had given up the game by then.

This is a fragile team that CAN'T win on the road.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/5/2017  11:07 AM
I don't care what any advanced stats say on the matter -- PG is BY FAR our worst position. Sessions? Meh.., Jack's cooked, Frank's not ready and Ron Baker's probably not even an NBA player.

My thing -- go do something!! Go get something to infuse a little juice there. I'd love to see Cat Barber on this team providing speed and offensive punch, getting up & down the court--dude would cost nothing and I think he'd be an instant asset... Trey Burke just put up 39 in the G League. He's been playing well.. We played Indy last night -- Joe Young is buried behind two good PGs in Collison & Joseph. He'd be a nice low-level trade target--nice player, talented, only 25 years old. Call the Pacers up and try to work a minor trade to get him. There are options. But to keep throwing these few guys out there -- Nah...no good, man.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/5/2017  11:16 AM
Ah Jimmer. Leading the CBA in scoring at 40.5ppg at the moment.

Brandon Jennings is #12 at 29.0ppg.
Ty Lawson at #24 with 24.4ppg.

https://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/40/chinese-cba/stats

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
12/5/2017  11:30 AM
For what it's worth, Tony Parker had issues as a rookie. He'd penetrate a little and defending teams adjusted to him. He didn't have range on his jumper (something he never really developed a consistent 3pt shot) so he was dead in the water.

He needs reps. Without KP and THJr, his lack of scoring instincts is totally exposed out here.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/5/2017  12:30 PM
technomaster wrote:For what it's worth, Tony Parker had issues as a rookie. He'd penetrate a little and defending teams adjusted to him. He didn't have range on his jumper (something he never really developed a consistent 3pt shot) so he was dead in the water.

He needs reps. Without KP and THJr, his lack of scoring instincts is totally exposed out here.

FRANK Is a major project, and despite shooting a million jumpers over the summer, he has regress in a big way.

BAKER- The worse move mills made was signing this guy, probably on the strength of jh love affair

JACK- is ok, but like most said he's best suited for a back up roll, and frank should be 3rd string

SESSIONS- Is ok and he's in the right role, unfortunately the 2 guys ahead of him are not.

Bottom line is we have 4 3rd string point guards, and baker and frank are not NBA talent right now, I mean far from it

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2017  12:48 PM
when fans think they know better than the pro's.

DOes anyone think that rookies are inconsistent, have to deal with injuries, have bad games, but can in time assimilate then produce?
Or is that not a valid concept UNTIL IT HAPPENS?
THis is what rebuilding looks like. Its messy!!!!
I feel bad for Briggs kids! Parenting with such a short view must be hard.

BRIGGS
12/5/2017  12:55 PM
Nalod wrote:when fans think they know better than the pro's.

DOes anyone think that rookies are inconsistent, have to deal with injuries, have bad games, but can in time assimilate then produce?

Yeah a long term view would have him in the D league practicing against a level he can handle. We missed on Smith and Mitchell-- lets sck it up and get him to the D league where he can learn.

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/5/2017  1:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Yeah a long term view would have him in the D league practicing against a level he can handle. We missed on Smith and Mitchell-- lets sck it up and get him to the D league where he can learn.

He was suppose to have a edge since he has been playing against mostly season vets overseas, now either the level of competition is 10x below the NBA, or he is who he is.

worse off is when you have a kid like frank playing around veterans that don't bring it every single game, that's the worse way to develop a kid, because that sht rubs off.

ES
Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  1:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Well there it is. Lamenting on missing Smith and Mitchell 20 games in and your indicting a career.
Remember a few weeks back when Frank was doing good and showing in spurts he belongs?
and Rookies fall back.
I do business in the Greensboro area and have been to few Dleague games. Im not impressed with the level of play.
I watching Dotson as well. He is in a subservient roll and is passing first. THIS WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.
I know that's not in your sphere of thinking. Its abstract and has not time table. Its easy to say one thing when things are not going as we with.
But its another to actually implement. How many first round players are in the Dleague? is there a reason?

Nalod
USA
12/5/2017  1:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

He was suppose to have a edge since he has been playing against mostly season vets overseas, now either the level of competition is 10x below the NBA, or he is who he is.

worse off is when you have a kid like frank playing around veterans that don't bring it every single game, that's the worse way to develop a kid, because that sht rubs off.

After a quarter of the season and 19 only a moron would define him or any rookie.

martin
USA
12/5/2017  1:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

So your general assumption here is that because a player is not playing up to some standard level he is NOT learning? You can't learn in practice, with vets, playing real NBA minutes? But in G-League you will pick up the necessary stuff?

GustavBahler

12/5/2017  1:38 PM
Finestrg wrote:I don't care what any advanced stats say on the matter -- PG is BY FAR our worst position. Sessions? Meh.., Jack's cooked, Frank's not ready and Ron Baker's probably not even an NBA player.

My thing -- go do something!! Go get something to infuse a little juice there. I'd love to see Cat Barber on this team providing speed and offensive punch, getting up & down the court--dude would cost nothing and I think he'd be an instant asset... Trey Burke just put up 39 in the G League. He's been playing well.. We played Indy last night -- Joe Young is buried behind two good PGs in Collison & Joseph. He'd be a nice low-level trade target--nice player, talented, only 25 years old. Call the Pacers up and try to work a minor trade to get him. There are options. But to keep throwing these few guys out there -- Nah...no good, man.

We can paper over the lack of a good PG at times, when we have KP and Hardaway. Not now. There are some talented players on the bench IMO who are primarily missing a PG with a more well rounded game, to make the most of their talents.

BRIGGS
12/5/2017  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/5/2017  1:55 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So your general assumption here is that because a player is not playing up to some standard level he is NOT learning? You can't learn in practice, with vets, playing real NBA minutes? But in G-League you will pick up the necessary stuff?

He needs to play at a lower level like most 19 year olds. He's not ready for nba basketball-- he needs to learn the pg position-- he's regressed. He needs several games in the dleague where he can play 40 minutes. 99.999999999999999999 of kids at 19 are in college. He's just not nba ready? I can put 100 college guards who will never make the nba who can easily do what frank is doing-- is that a reason to be getting the pt? He needs it but the d league would be more constructive

RIP Crushalot😞
Frank should be playing in the g league

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy