[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did the Knicks and Pacers Win the Melo and PG13 Trades (Kevin Pelton Article)
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/11/2017  9:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I think this article is pretty basic. While I think Indy and the Knicks got exactly what they needed, OKC needs some time to mesh. Stars need to learn new roles. And guys like Steven Adams are having huge games because other teams have to blanket the perimeter. It also looks like OKC is starting to round into form

OKC has lost a ton of close games. I still think they're a .600 team. (That's no better than last year though!)

It takes work to lose to the Nyets

The Thunder and Nets almost have identical records. But I agree, OKC has not jelled yet. The Nets also didn't have Russell, Lin and Booker and still won.

And OKC was without PG and without Grant, their only decent bench player. OKC is just pathetic away from home. Beat the champs, lose to the Nyets. SMFH...
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/11/2017  11:34 PM
Just gonna leave this here 😇

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/11/2017  11:56 PM
nixluva wrote:Just gonna leave this here 😇

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2017  12:12 AM
martin wrote:

Geez! That’s BRUTAL!

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
12/12/2017  4:44 AM
Melo needs to come off the bunch and play with the 2nd unit for the primary unit to have a cohesive offense. There's too many ball stoppers, weak screeners, and guys who don't cut for an offense to work if Melo/PG/Westbrook play together.
Rose is not the answer.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/12/2017  7:44 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Melo needs to come off the bunch and play with the 2nd unit for the primary unit to have a cohesive offense. There's too many ball stoppers, weak screeners, and guys who don't cut for an offense to work if Melo/PG/Westbrook play together.

Moving a guy to the bench is a bandaid solution. Is he still going to play 30+ mpg? And Westbrook and PG play 35? Then most of Melo's minutes will be with 1 or both if them on the court.
knickstorrents
Hong Kong
12/12/2017  8:26 AM
The 3 can't co-exist together, 2 out of the 3 on the floor together is probably OK and I'm sure the rotation can be managed to achieve that. When all you have is lemons you have to make ****ty lemonade
Rose is not the answer.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/12/2017  8:28 AM
I think Melo's move to the bench is coming very soon.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  8:46 AM
knickstorrents wrote:The 3 can't co-exist together, 2 out of the 3 on the floor together is probably OK and I'm sure the rotation can be managed to achieve that. When all you have is lemons you have to make ****ty lemonade

PG is at 37 and Westbrook is at 36 mpg right now. That leaves at most 23 mpg for Melo if you don't want him on the floor with both of them, and that's if you spread the minutes perfectly, which never happens. It's probably more like 18 or 20 mpg.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/12/2017  9:24 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Geez! That’s BRUTAL!

Yeah and it doesn't affect the Knicks anymore. Wheeeeeeeeeee

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

12/12/2017  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2017  10:38 AM
Reading OKC blog boards for fun - the issues they are having this year, and the arguments on their boards, are a mirror of UK boards last year. Wonder why.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/12/2017  12:23 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:Reading OKC blog boards for fun - the issues they are having this year, and the arguments on their boards, are a mirror of UK boards last year. Wonder why.

really...link?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
MS
Member: #724
12/12/2017  1:47 PM
Westbrook isn’t looking very good here. Everyone complained about that team having no talent last year, when in fact it seems they had a tremendous mix of guys to compliment him.

Olipido 25pts 5rbs 4ass
Kanter 13pts 11rbs
Dougy Buckets 8.5pts
Sabonis 13pts 9rbs

Everyone of these guys seems to have flourished playing in more cohesive offenses this season and is thriving in a more team oriented environment and not to mention has a better record than the thunder.

Melo needs to watch what wade is doing and become the focal point of the second unit. Can’t have three guys that are scorers on the same floor at once. Only works when guys are unselfish which is not the case there.

Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  2:07 PM
MS wrote:Westbrook isn’t looking very good here. Everyone complained about that team having no talent last year, when in fact it seems they had a tremendous mix of guys to compliment him.

Olipido 25pts 5rbs 4ass
Kanter 13pts 11rbs
Dougy Buckets 8.5pts
Sabonis 13pts 9rbs

Everyone of these guys seems to have flourished playing in more cohesive offenses this season and is thriving in a more team oriented environment and not to mention has a better record than the thunder.

Melo needs to watch what wade is doing and become the focal point of the second unit. Can’t have three guys that are scorers on the same floor at once. Only works when guys are unselfish which is not the case there.

It's interesting to compare Harden and Westbrook (the top 2 in MVP voting last year). They both score a ton of points but Harden brings out the best in his teammates. Westbrook seems to bring out the worst. Harden is a much better decision-maker with the ball.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/12/2017  3:06 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
MS wrote:Westbrook isn’t looking very good here. Everyone complained about that team having no talent last year, when in fact it seems they had a tremendous mix of guys to compliment him.

Olipido 25pts 5rbs 4ass
Kanter 13pts 11rbs
Dougy Buckets 8.5pts
Sabonis 13pts 9rbs

It's interesting to compare Harden and Westbrook (the top 2 in MVP voting last year). They both score a ton of points but Harden brings out the best in his teammates. Westbrook seems to bring out the worst. Harden is a much better decision-maker with the ball.

To be fair. Dipo attributes being able to raise his level of play by playing along side of Westbrook. As in taught him how to be a franchise player rather then a role player or 2nd/3rd option. Sabonis was a rookie who had to compete with Adams and Kanter for mins. If he was a 3 pts shooter it would work but he is more of a inside guy. Kanter lost 30pds and is basically the same player but in better shape and getting more mins. Not enough info on Dougie.

But yea the amount of spacing they provide Russ along with his dominant penetration capabilities. He should be out there making the game easier. They should be able to do all type of different things out there. They should be getting exposed in the playoffs not in the regular season vs below average teams.

The main difference is that everyone knew and played their role. Their coach didn't have to worry about massaging egos.

To think Magic traded Dipo and Sabonis for Ibaka. Doh

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/12/2017  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2017  3:14 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Olipido 25pts 5rbs 4ass
Kanter 13pts 11rbs
Dougy Buckets 8.5pts
Sabonis 13pts 9rbs

Houston has done a better job building around Harden's strength. Strong finisher's at the rim flanked by guy's who can spot up. Dipo didn't shoot this well in OKC, or any other point in his career. Doug, same thing. Sabonis was a rookie. I still am suspicious of Westbrook's decision making, but there is another side.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/12/2017  5:06 PM
The talk on sports radio this afternoon alternated from speculation on a Paul George trade and how bad Melo's numbers are this year. I believe he is shooting 34% from the field and 57% from the line over the last six games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickstorrents
Hong Kong
12/12/2017  7:46 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:The 3 can't co-exist together, 2 out of the 3 on the floor together is probably OK and I'm sure the rotation can be managed to achieve that. When all you have is lemons you have to make ****ty lemonade

PG is at 37 and Westbrook is at 36 mpg right now. That leaves at most 23 mpg for Melo if you don't want him on the floor with both of them, and that's if you spread the minutes perfectly, which never happens. It's probably more like 18 or 20 mpg.

I never said both.... the 3 can't co-exist together. 2 out of 3 is probably fine. So Melo Westbrook or Melo PG or Westbrook PG

Rose is not the answer.
Bonn1997
USA
12/12/2017  7:54 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I never said both.... the 3 can't co-exist together. 2 out of 3 is probably fine. So Melo Westbrook or Melo PG or Westbrook PG

And that leaves at most 23 mpg for Melo (and probably much less).
knickstorrents
Hong Kong
12/15/2017  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2017  7:55 AM
It's a bit hard to read but here's one way to divide up their minutes such that at most 2 of the OKC big 3 are playing together. I'd be looking for ways to make Anthony play without the other 2 as much as possible.

+---------------------+----+----+----+----+---------------+
| | Q1 | Q2 | Q3 | Q4 | Total Minutes |
| Westbrook | 8 | 6 | 8 | 12 | 34 |
| George | 7 | 12 | 8 | 6 | 33 |
| Anthony | 9 | 6 | 8 | 6 | 29 |
| | | | | | |
| Westbrook + George | 7 | 6 | 4 | 6 | 23 |
| Westbrook + Anthony | 1 | | 4 | 6 | 11 |
| Anthony | 8 | | | | 8 |
| George + Anthony | | 6 | 4 | | 10 |
Rose is not the answer.
Did the Knicks and Pacers Win the Melo and PG13 Trades (Kevin Pelton Article)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy