[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So uh who was guarding Vucevic?
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
12/4/2017  8:27 PM
I mean why pile on. It’s a conga line for Indiana And without our KP and THJr we are taking our lumps. I like Kanter, like his toughness and attitude. Yet hes -34 and Myles Turner, a young talented athletic 5 is +35. Toughness inside or lack thereof is apparent. I don’t want to offend any of the Kanter diehards but suffice to say that before Kanter is on our payroll for $20-25 Million a year for 4/5 years, consider that the second tier centers like Vucevic and now Turner are owning him. Worse, Young just goes to the bucket at will.
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/4/2017  9:15 PM
Paris907 wrote:I mean why pile on. It’s a conga line for Indiana And without our KP and THJr we are taking our lumps. I like Kanter, like his toughness and attitude. Yet hes -34 and Myles Turner, a young talented athletic 5 is +35. Toughness inside or lack thereof is apparent. I don’t want to offend any of the Kanter diehards but suffice to say that before Kanter is on our payroll for $20-25 Million a year for 4/5 years, consider that the second tier centers like Vucevic and now Turner are owning him. Worse, Young just goes to the bucket at will.
It takes 2 for frontcourt defense not 1. Not sure what you are expecting him to do on his own. It’s like 4 against 5 out there with Beasley and Willy in there
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
12/5/2017  5:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
martin wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Vucevic is a legit scorer at the center. Let's not romanticize this matchup to support the bull**** peiple said about Kanter. Scoring 30 is not that far fetched for any similar player. It's not like we're talking about Greg Kite

Vucevic (you mean kanter) has trouble with guys that can shoot from distance. And Vucevic can muscle underneath for rebounds. Kanter was outplayed.

Kanter had 18 and 16... safe to say they went at it.

yes, wrong guy above. Didn't pay too much attention to the stats but felt like Vucevic just dominated Kanter or at least Kanter couldn't really get on track because of him.

KP would have defended Vucevic outside while Kanter stayed inside or viceversa. The problem was that if Kanter decided to leave the paint, Beasley would start throwing rose petals in an arrow shape pointing to the basket.

is that how the defense works? KP guards the big who is on the perimeter and Kanter the one under the basket?

Well yeah, they'd have the ability to switch the faster big to the perimeter on defense so that Kanter could guard underneath the basket. Kanter has shown that he does get blown by at times (even though he has improved tremendously i think). In this case, the switch wouldn't work because Beasley is not guarding anyone anywhere.

Biz issue is luck of focus and desire to put some work.
He will never get better or worth. He is what he is.
We do not have backup PF that's why he getting minutes.
No starting SF and PG, and no backup PF and SG. It's a shortage on 4 positions out of 5.
When we were missing 6 NBA level players out of 10 it was amazing how close the game was.

position basket ball is fading, they official took the center position out of the all star game, and most pg guards in the league are combo, most sg play sf as well, most sf play pf, and pf play center.

Our problem is Kanter can't guard sf/pf. We are going to struggle 50% of the time because we have too many centers, bottom line

“We have too many Centers” is a myth!

What we have is Noah who will presumably be stretched and traded if at all possible. Kanter, a free agent who will likely opt out, Hernangomez - who shows signs of being a player but defensively not ready for prime time and OQuinn, prime trade candidate. Our scenario at the 5 is a fiction that begs for an upgrade and the Draft.

So uh who was guarding Vucevic?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy