[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sessions
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/2/2017  11:58 AM
Andrew wrote:Did I miss something? How many times did sessions go to the line?

It isn't so much about him getting to the line, but more so about him getting into the paint putting some kind of pressure on the defense and making them work. Frank is settling for open jumpers(despite an open lane) or turning down the shots altogether, and jack isn't that much more aggressive offensively either.

The knicks philosophy

“They’re not really stretch-four type guys,” Hornacek said. “We don’t want them to try and do something they’re not capable of doing.”

I'm sure this is the approach for ever player on the team, so if franks not comfortable going to the rim, they don't encourage him to do it, they're not encouraging their bigs to shoot from the perimeter, to work diligently
on that shot in this era of basketball.

A lot of perimeter players games suffer when you don't have penertration

ES
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/2/2017  12:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks are fifth in the NBA with assists this season. Not passing, actual assists. The whole culture change has shifted because of players like Frank in and Melo out.

Ramon should get a run with the second unit with Frank. Why not play Frank at the 2 guard and play a little smaller and quicker. I don't think we should be so close minded with regards to Frank. He can be a 2 or 1 in the league and right now he has value as a versatile defender and player moreso than anything else.

What I don't want to lose or become is the team we were last year where players begin to call their own number, drive to the paint, do their own thing. Whatever Frank doesn't do right, he gets one thing right that identifies our team this year. We pass the ball looking for a teammate and we play hard on defense. You want Frank's mentality to keep infecting the team that way.

All that said, Frank was in a rut the last few games and hadn't impacted the defense side either. He's a rookie. This is part of the process for him.

Someone please explain to me what sense it makes to play Frank at the 2? What on earth will he be doing when the Knicks have the ball?

teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

12/2/2017  12:54 PM
Andrew wrote:teamsport72, post about basketball or don't post at all.

Basketball is but another distortion. It is no different from your wife. You want basketball to be faithful to you, but all it does is come back to haunt you forever. This is how karma is created, when you cannot stop desiring things.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/2/2017  1:05 PM
Vmart wrote:The record indicates that the Knicks are ahead of schedule. Have you guys forgotten that this is about rebuilding and growing. What is adding Sessions going to do for you. Is he you answer to the future? The object is to develop the young players not watch two guards on the end of their career.

Anyone who agrees with Knicks1248 is got to be off their rockers. This is about development. Stick with the plan and stop getting ahead of yourselves.

The record is hard to interpret. They're 10-4 at home and 1-6 on the road.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/2/2017  1:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I have to admit, watching sessions penetrate to the hole, and get to the foul line almost every time he had the ball, surely didn't make me miss Frank. I'm almost hoping frank doesn't play sunday.

As much as I like frank and want to see him progress, I have a very good feeling he is going to be a career back up (albeit a good one). He does not have the desire to take to it to the rim even when the lane is open.

Frank is shooting an horrific 34%fg, 25% behind the arc, and 64% from the charity striped, and he hasn't had a FT attempt in the last 6 games. Offensively he is really bad. sessions was looking suspect in the first 3 games, but he look like his old self in the last game, and he's obviously the fast guard we have.

What do you guys think?

I think your a short sighted moron at times. Sessions had one good game. Good for him. He is a solid pro.
You are amazing that you can project all of Franks career after 20 games. You sound like most fans who promote starphuching instant gratification with no ability or imagination to what rebuilding even means.

BTW, its a "Bad feeling" if you project him to be a career back up.
In any event taking his stats and play in 20 games for a kid that would be a freshman in college and extrapolate that into a career is beyond moronic.

"What do you guys think"?

Sessions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy