[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sessions
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/1/2017  5:00 PM
I have to admit, watching sessions penetrate to the hole, and get to the foul line almost every time he had the ball, surely didn't make me miss Frank. I'm almost hoping frank doesn't play sunday.

As much as I like frank and want to see him progress, I have a very good feeling he is going to be a career back up (albeit a good one). He does not have the desire to take to it to the rim even when the lane is open.

Frank is shooting an horrific 34%fg, 25% behind the arc, and 64% from the charity striped, and he hasn't had a FT attempt in the last 6 games. Offensively he is really bad. sessions was looking suspect in the first 3 games, but he look like his old self in the last game, and he's obviously the fast guard we have.

What do you guys think?

ES
AUTOADVERT
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
12/1/2017  5:06 PM
As much as I hate to I gotta agree with some of this. As much as I’ve done a 360 as his play has I may not be opposed to Frank spending some time in the D-League. Let’s see how this next week plays out for him. He was sick. He had his first bout with the NYC sniffles.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/1/2017  5:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2017  5:44 PM
I didn't want to say anything about it so we don't jinx the kid... but I loved what Sessions brought. It was exactly what we are missing. Maybe Sessions was having early season rust isssues the same way Jack was during summer league. Frank has actually been regressing a little. You don't want to kill the kid confidence but he could actually use some g league starts. He's got to be more aggressive
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/1/2017  5:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2017  5:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:I didn't want to say anything about it so we don't jinx the kid... but I loved what Sessions brought. Out was exactlywhat we are missing. Maybe Sessions was having early assassin rust isssues the same way Jack was during asunder league. Frank has actually been regressing a little. You don't wasn't right kill the kud confidence but he could actually use some g league starts. He's got to be more aggressive

The thing is, the team sucks regardless. This is an example of how the eye test can mislead you. You see Sessions working the PnR and getting into the lane and you're like "Wow, he's getting things done out there." Yet you look at the scoreboard and we're usually worse off. Yeah, he might look better than Frank, but the team doesn't perform better. The same goes for Jack. Sessions was handed the starting job and Jack took it from him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree

12/1/2017  5:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:I didn't want to say anything about it so we don't jinx the kid... but I loved what Sessions brought. Out was exactlywhat we are missing. Maybe Sessions was having early assassin rust isssues the same way Jack was during asunder league. Frank has actually been regressing a little. You don't wasn't right kill the kud confidence but he could actually use some g league starts. He's got to be more aggressive

The thing is, the team sucks regardless. This is an example of how the eye test can mislead you. You see Sessions working the PnR and getting into the lane and you're like "Wow, he's getting things done out there." Yet you look at the scoreboard and we're usually worse off. Yeah, he might look better than Frank, but the team doesn't perform better. The same goes for Jack. Sessions was handed the starting job and Jack took it from him.

Sessions was playing like pure **** though. He did everything he didn't do early in the year against Miami. You are only as good as your last game.... but seriously, Frank needs to do more than what he's doing. He's a nice floor general but we need him to evolve to more. Its clear Sessions can hold it down if we need him to

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
teamsport72
Member: #6172

12/1/2017  6:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I have to admit, watching sessions penetrate to the hole, and get to the foul line almost every time he had the ball, surely didn't make me miss Frank. I'm almost hoping frank doesn't play sunday.

As much as I like frank and want to see him progress, I have a very good feeling he is going to be a career back up (albeit a good one). He does not have the desire to take to it to the rim even when the lane is open.

Frank is shooting an horrific 34%fg, 25% behind the arc, and 64% from the charity striped, and he hasn't had a FT attempt in the last 6 games. Offensively he is really bad. sessions was looking suspect in the first 3 games, but he look like his old self in the last game, and he's obviously the fast guard we have.

What do you guys think?

I think you are a child.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/1/2017  6:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:I didn't want to say anything about it so we don't jinx the kid... but I loved what Sessions brought. It was exactly what we are missing. Maybe Sessions was having early season rust isssues the same way Jack was during summer league. Frank has actually been regressing a little. You don't want to kill the kid confidence but he could actually use some g league starts. He's got to be more aggressive
This. I didn't want to say it either.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
teamsport72
Member: #6172

12/1/2017  6:09 PM
People, get a life. Why a 19-year old has to redeem all your mishaps and sufferings? Go get laid, go get some respect from your peers. If you can't, keep working on it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/1/2017  6:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Sessions was playing like pure **** though. He did everything he didn't do early in the year against Miami. You are only as good as your last game.... but seriously, Frank needs to do more than what he's doing. He's a nice floor general but we need him to evolve to more. Its clear Sessions can hold it down if we need him to

Session also gave me the same vibe the game before against Portland. You also have the use the season as whole....we probably win that Portland game if Sessions is given the hook earlier and Frank is put in. The record speaks for itself. The team performs better with Jack and Frank than it does with Sessions. Frank needs to be more aggressive, but honestly I'd rather use the minutes to develop Frank.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/1/2017  6:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Correct - People always fall into the trap of thinking the one style of play they are most familiar with is the only way to succeed. Even when the actual data tells a different story.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
12/1/2017  7:04 PM
Sessions was brought in to be a mentor to Frank. So hopefully he can show him some tricks when it's comes to this part of the game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

12/1/2017  7:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I have to admit, watching sessions penetrate to the hole, and get to the foul line almost every time he had the ball, surely didn't make me miss Frank. I'm almost hoping frank doesn't play sunday.

What do you guys think?

Isn't it obvious that Frank's having knee issues? He's a very good defensive player but even on that end, it seems difficult for him to get into his stance. Wouldn't be surprised if he inevitably gets shut down and has surgery that keeps him out an extended period of time.

Whatever the case, I think Frank was the best option available to us that late in the draft.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/1/2017  7:43 PM
The Knicks are fifth in the NBA with assists this season. Not passing, actual assists. The whole culture change has shifted because of players like Frank in and Melo out.

Ramon should get a run with the second unit with Frank. Why not play Frank at the 2 guard and play a little smaller and quicker. I don't think we should be so close minded with regards to Frank. He can be a 2 or 1 in the league and right now he has value as a versatile defender and player moreso than anything else.

What I don't want to lose or become is the team we were last year where players begin to call their own number, drive to the paint, do their own thing. Whatever Frank doesn't do right, he gets one thing right that identifies our team this year. We pass the ball looking for a teammate and we play hard on defense. You want Frank's mentality to keep infecting the team that way.

All that said, Frank was in a rut the last few games and hadn't impacted the defense side either. He's a rookie. This is part of the process for him.

EnySpree

12/1/2017  8:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Correct - People always fall into the trap of thinking the one style of play they are most familiar with is the only way to succeed. Even when the actual data tells a different story.

One style they are most familiar with? Is this the psychic friends network?

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/2/2017  9:39 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks are fifth in the NBA with assists this season. Not passing, actual assists. The whole culture change has shifted because of players like Frank in and Melo out.

Ramon should get a run with the second unit with Frank. Why not play Frank at the 2 guard and play a little smaller and quicker. I don't think we should be so close minded with regards to Frank. He can be a 2 or 1 in the league and right now he has value as a versatile defender and player moreso than anything else.

What I don't want to lose or become is the team we were last year where players begin to call their own number, drive to the paint, do their own thing. Whatever Frank doesn't do right, he gets one thing right that identifies our team this year. We pass the ball looking for a teammate and we play hard on defense. You want Frank's mentality to keep infecting the team that way.

All that said, Frank was in a rut the last few games and hadn't impacted the defense side either. He's a rookie. This is part of the process for him.

How can he play the 2g if he cant shoot or drive to the hoop. Thats why I feel the knicks don't know how to develop players, because they worked with Frank all summer long on his shooting and look at the results. Then you see KP, and THJ's progress and you think, these guys got much better and the knicks training staff had nothing to do with it.

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/2/2017  9:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2017  9:44 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks are fifth in the NBA with assists this season. Not passing, actual assists. The whole culture change has shifted because of players like Frank in and Melo out.

Doesn't have to be one extreme or another. I agree Frank encourages players to pass the ball, and thats great. If Frank doesnt do his share in keeping the defense honest, at some point it becomes passing the buck.

Would like to see more from Sessions. Still not sold. Hope Baker starts going to the rim himself. Its like there is a freaking PG force field around the rim. Solving this problem (one way or another) has to be point of emphasis for the Knicks, if they are serious about competing, let alone contending.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/2/2017  10:36 AM
Did I miss something? How many times did sessions go to the line?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
12/2/2017  10:37 AM
teamsport72, post about basketball or don't post at all.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/2/2017  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2017  11:29 AM
We are quite weak at PG. Nothing personal against these guys but they probably would be only backup backups on some teams. Eventually one of our three Cs should be traded for a PG.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/2/2017  11:43 AM
The record indicates that the Knicks are ahead of schedule. Have you guys forgotten that this is about rebuilding and growing. What is adding Sessions going to do for you. Is he you answer to the future? The object is to develop the young players not watch two guards on the end of their career.

Anyone who agrees with Knicks1248 is got to be off their rockers. This is about development. Stick with the plan and stop getting ahead of yourselves.

Sessions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy