[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This losing streak is a blessing in disguise
Author Thread
awe1028
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2780

11/28/2017  11:59 PM
I am not sure about all of you but I have seen all I need to know that this season no matter how it ends up is already a success. The Knicks are rebuilding and as such this season is mainly one of evaluation - to determine if there are players who can form the nucleus of a perennial playoff team. It's been only 20 games but so far I think this question has been answered in the affirmative.

KP Kanter and THJR have all played at a fairly high level and while Frank has been inconsistent he has shown enough flashes at least to me that he can also be part of the core. What the Knicks lack is a wing player specifically a SF that can move the needle. In a different thread I proposed Paul George. Many quite accurately pointed out that this is not particularly realistic (though I still think its possible).

Which brings me to the point of the thread. I happened to look at the lottery standings and noticed that lo and behold after this three game losing streak the Knicks are currently in the lottery. With their inability to win on the road, Kanter's injury and the brutal road stretch coming up it is conceivable the Knicks could find themselves at the top half of the lottery soon.

This is the best of both worlds for the Knicks - losing a lot of games enough so that they have access to the best players in the draft while simultaneously developing star players that can form the cornerstone of a winning contending franchise

So rather than bemoan the fact that this is "the same old Knicks" rejoice in the fact that the Knicks could add another young lottery talent to their existing core.

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/29/2017  12:07 AM
This is simple boring truth.
Everybody knew this.
But shhhh... don't make people upset.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/29/2017  7:23 AM
awe1028 wrote:I am not sure about all of you but I have seen all I need to know that this season no matter how it ends up is already a success. The Knicks are rebuilding and as such this season is mainly one of evaluation - to determine if there are players who can form the nucleus of a perennial playoff team. It's been only 20 games but so far I think this question has been answered in the affirmative.

KP Kanter and THJR have all played at a fairly high level and while Frank has been inconsistent he has shown enough flashes at least to me that he can also be part of the core. What the Knicks lack is a wing player specifically a SF that can move the needle. In a different thread I proposed Paul George. Many quite accurately pointed out that this is not particularly realistic (though I still think its possible).

Which brings me to the point of the thread. I happened to look at the lottery standings and noticed that lo and behold after this three game losing streak the Knicks are currently in the lottery. With their inability to win on the road, Kanter's injury and the brutal road stretch coming up it is conceivable the Knicks could find themselves at the top half of the lottery soon.

This is the best of both worlds for the Knicks - losing a lot of games enough so that they have access to the best players in the draft while simultaneously developing star players that can form the cornerstone of a winning contending franchise

So rather than bemoan the fact that this is "the same old Knicks" rejoice in the fact that the Knicks could add another young lottery talent to their existing core.

its what has to be done, the problem is we won't be high enough to get the franchise changer we need

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/29/2017  7:33 AM
arkrud wrote:This is simple boring truth.
Everybody knew this.
But shhhh... don't make people upset.

Word lol. Season is so much fun as it is. Win or lose we we win this year.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/29/2017  7:48 AM
If we are a playoff team, 3 game losing streaks are charecters builders. If we are for real we are about to clean up the next 10 games. 6-4 is legit. We could easily go 2-8 or 0-10. Only maniacs would get mad either way.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/29/2017  8:43 AM
awe1028 wrote:I am not sure about all of you but I have seen all I need to know that this season no matter how it ends up is already a success. The Knicks are rebuilding and as such this season is mainly one of evaluation - to determine if there are players who can form the nucleus of a perennial playoff team. It's been only 20 games but so far I think this question has been answered in the affirmative.

well if were losing that means, Kanter is back to playing zero defense, KP looks suspect on most nights, frank is a project, thj is back to being super inconsistent, KOQ is on his lazy ****, Lance is Mr "Once in a while" and the coaching staff is also back to being suspect.

Then you go into next yr, start all over again with the evaluating process, a 20% chance of landing a star or another project. The funny thing is, you draft a player like KP, and your ok with potentially losing him because the growth is nowhere to be found out of yet, another 30 win season.

It makes much more sense for the team to finish somewhere around .500 and a possible p/o berth, then we would be witnessing the opposite, and that's growth.

The knicks have got to trade one of those bigs before the deadline

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/29/2017  9:14 AM

We need to add talent in the draft. But this team isn't that bad to be in the top half of the lottery. We will have winning streaks and losing streaks. There's no point in overthinking either side of things. We are a 35-40 win team most likely that will need to find talent at the end of the lottery.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/29/2017  9:27 AM
Would rather make the playoffs, than the draft. Who knows where we will actually pick?

Will be interesting to see which players Gaines finds, recommends. Curious to see how Gaines tailors his search (if at all) to Hornacek's wide open system.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2017  10:16 AM
I agree with this 100%

Its time to rebuild this.

Lose no win later.

RIP Crushalot😞
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
11/29/2017  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  11:00 AM
this is going to be the greatest season since 1999.

we win, we win.

we lose, we win.

injuries with long term impact or horrible trades would be the only negative.

GustavBahler

11/29/2017  11:13 AM
Some more good news. Unless things change in a hurry. The Knicks will be going into next season with the same coach and the same system. The star, and the team on the whole, buying in. Been a while. Will make getting to the playoffs easier.

Its not hard to see what needs Perry has to address in the offseason (if not sooner) Has time to come up with a plan. As long as it isnt a panic move (Doesn't sound like Perry's MO) the Knicks should take a big step forward next season. Barring injuries.

awe1028

11/29/2017  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  11:49 AM
Knixkik wrote:

We need to add talent in the draft. But this team isn't that bad to be in the top half of the lottery. We will have winning streaks and losing streaks. There's no point in overthinking either side of things. We are a 35-40 win team most likely that will need to find talent at the end of the lottery.

Jmpasq wrote:
its what has to be done, the problem is we won't be high enough to get the franchise changer we need

Before this losing streak I would have agreed with both of you. Which is as I mentioned in the OP I had started a previous thread proposing Paul George as the answer. However after having the most favorable home schedule the Knicks are just 10 - 10 and are staring down 9 miles of bad road pun intended. Unless they rapidly change their play on the road things could get real ugly real fast.

But that's okay because it means a stud lottery talent awaits. There is a fun future awaiting this franchise if things continue to break right.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/29/2017  11:30 AM
Just as the giants have no offensive line the past several years, likewise the Knicks in the backcourt. It’s bad offensively but far worse defensively. Lillard and McCullough had a conga line and drove at will. This has been the case all year with the exception that KP has blocking skills but were otherwise pathetic. Frank, Dotson and Baker are young but by year end we should have a sense of they are more than rotation players.
awe1028

11/29/2017  11:45 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Knixkik wrote:

Before this losing streak I would have agreed with both of you. Which is as I mentioned in the OP I had started a previous thread proposing Paul George as the answer. However after having the most favorable home schedule the Knicks are just 10 - 10 and are staring down 9 miles of bad road pun intended. Unless they rapidly change their play on the road things could get real ugly real fast.

But that's okay because it means a stud lottery talent awaits. There is a fun future awaiting this franchise if things continue to break right.

awe1028

11/29/2017  11:53 AM
Oops sorry for the double post tried to get rid of the second one if mods can delete.....
GustavBahler

11/29/2017  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  11:57 AM
awe1028 wrote:Oops sorry for the double post tried to get rid of the second one if mods can delete.....

you can do it yourself in the edit function..

Press the x next to edit.

GustavBahler

11/29/2017  12:10 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2017  12:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
awe1028 wrote:Oops sorry for the double post tried to get rid of the second one if mods can delete.....

you can do it yourself in the edit function..

Press the x next to edit.

could never understand why users never understood they could delete their own, thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/29/2017  1:15 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

We won't be in the top 5 to get a Doncic or M.Bagley or M.Porter but if we could get into the top 8 and come away with either M.Bridges or my favorite K.Knox who both have a chance of being really good players at the SF position then i would be happy with that.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2017  1:29 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

We won't be in the top 5 to get a Doncic or M.Bagley or M.Porter but if we could get into the top 8 and come away with either M.Bridges or my favorite K.Knox who both have a chance of being really good players at the SF position then i would be happy with that.

It's too much of a good story IF Knicks make it to lottery that they won't end up with Doncic.

Kanter, KP, Doncic, THJr, Frank.

International lineup!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
This losing streak is a blessing in disguise

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy