[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Fish is BLAZING tonight and so are the Knicks! Gonna send some suckas on a trail back home!
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

11/27/2017  10:00 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm very pleased with how much better Willy's effort has been on D. He picked it up BIG TIME! That's what he's gonna need to do in order to earn more PT.

hardly dude. he was OK guarding the perimeter still horrible in the paint.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/27/2017  10:01 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Giving the 2 techs to Beas and Frank on Nurkic decided the game and ended the comeback. We were on a 16-0 run in the 4th at that point with our bench in the game.

I thought the tech on Frank was too much. Nothing happened; they were just jawing at each other. Refs should show some discretion.

Also, those wasted minutes with Sessions in the game.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/27/2017  10:02 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Giving the 2 techs to Beas and Frank on Nurkic decided the game and ended the comeback. We were on a 16-0 run in the 4th at that point with our bench in the game.

I thought the tech on Frank was too much. Nothing happened; they were just jawing at each other. Refs should show some discretion.

Yeah that kind of thing wasn't necessary. Plus all the MISSES early just killed this one. Knicks were short arming a TON of shots that were right there.

Even in this loss there was some good. Willy found his BALLS. Dude suddenly started defending harder and it made a difference.

Nitty wasn't efficient but he was more aggressive in looking for his offense. Had some nice looks but I felt he was just a TAD too quick. I think he could take just a beat before launching his shots.

Beasley is still a capable offensive threat. Kind of think they should use him more as a 6th man. We have so few guys that create their own shots.

Oh well hope they come out better next game.

nixluva
USA
11/27/2017  10:04 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm very pleased with how much better Willy's effort has been on D. He picked it up BIG TIME! That's what he's gonna need to do in order to earn more PT.

Totally disagree!!! Willy got a block and was much more aggressive defending during that run the Knicks had. I'm not sure you were watching everything he was doing but he was all over Nurkic and putting pressure on him. He was just much more forceful.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/27/2017  10:04 PM
Knicks didn't start playing until the 4th quarter against a good team. Kanter's energy and intensity are so critical to this team.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/27/2017  10:05 PM
Man I wanna see more frank, he needs more minutes his defense is the catalyst to our runs. I want frank to play with the starters more. Beas deserves minutes too, that second unit needs a scoring threat.nice try to come back refs put the nail in the coffin with those double techs.... again more frank PLEASE
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/27/2017  10:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Totally disagree!!! Willy got a block and was much more aggressive defending during that run the Knicks had. I'm not sure you were watching everything he was doing but he was all over Nurkic and putting pressure on him. He was just much more forceful.

It was mostly on the perimeter.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/27/2017  10:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks didn't start playing until the 4th quarter against a good team. Kanter's energy and intensity are so critical to this team.

He's the heart and soul, I started that thread 2 weeks. I'm not sure why Noah got 3 productive minutes, that was wierd

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/27/2017  10:18 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

He played with a little more energy in the 2nd half, but cmon man, he's nothing special either way. I don't why mills feels like he's untouchable.

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/27/2017  10:22 PM
I turned it off after 3

At that point the only bright spot was Noah’s 3 minutes and a few
Possessions by THJ where he wanted it. I like his fire

(5)(5)
nixluva
USA
11/27/2017  10:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

He played with a little more energy in the 2nd half, but cmon man, he's nothing special either way. I don't why mills feels like he's untouchable.

We're trying to measure progress here. Willy did in fact play harder and he grabbed 9 rebounds and a block in 16 minutes. He's got to continue to improve which is the entire point of this process of developing players. Too many guys want to kill off young players after just 20 games and that's not really smart. You have to take a longer view than that. Especially with Willy who we know has talent and he's on a great contract. WHY BE IMPATIENT???

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2017  10:41 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

We're trying to measure progress here. Willy did in fact play harder and he grabbed 9 rebounds and a block in 16 minutes. He's got to continue to improve which is the entire point of this process of developing players. Too many guys want to kill off young players after just 20 games and that's not really smart. You have to take a longer view than that. Especially with Willy who we know has talent and he's on a great contract. WHY BE IMPATIENT???

Some of it is the roster imbalance with all of the centers. Some of it is how much Kanter has brought to the team. Some of it is Willy's poor play.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/27/2017  10:58 PM
Game sucked... but we're learning. Guys were lazy to start... then they turn it on too late. Coach is learning his guys and the players are hopefully learning how to win. We need leadership. We need Kanter back as well. Beasley hopefully can get in the game earlier to prevent slumps in scoring. He's our microwave. Miami is next
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/27/2017  11:15 PM
Well we may end up with that top 8 pick, wheels are falling off
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/27/2017  11:35 PM
Hey, I liked that fact Dotson and some of the young guys played together in the 2nd. I'll take a loss every now and then if those guys build on something and get playing time together
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/28/2017  12:12 AM
Player and ball movement has been dwindling over the last 7-8 games. Easy scoring is getting less and less. When was the last time KP had a dunk? He should be getting 3-4 per game. Clyde said it best he is settling and his FG% has been taking a dive. Get back to basics of Phil’s system. Spacing is bad and the team can’t stop bleeding when the other team makes a run because they simply don’t have a go to system.

THJ was a no show and jacks up some crazy shots they have to get a better grasp of good shots and get better shots. KP as a slasher is becoming more and more nonexistent. Jeff has to get a better understanding of his rotation and players he has. During that second quarter they couldn’t score didn’t understand why Beasley wasn’t inserted into the line up. Frank has to be more aggressive and draw defenders by driving to the hoop his game is regressing he simply isn’t looking at the hoop and creating easy shot opportunities.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/28/2017  12:15 AM
fishmike wrote:

Lots of this baby

Just don’t see enough of this. He is to busy hanging out in the perimeter. Doesn’t cut to the hoop seeing KP bear the basket is getting less and less.

nixluva
USA
11/28/2017  1:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Some of it is the roster imbalance with all of the centers. Some of it is how much Kanter has brought to the team. Some of it is Willy's poor play.

Yeah Willy has mostly stunk! At the start of this game when Willy came in he was HORRIBLE. I did see him play better in the 2nd half. The guy needs a lot of work but I think he has the ability to play much better than this. He’s gotta MAN UP and stop wussing out. Tonight in the 2nd half I saw some effort but he’s still got a ways to go.

nixluva
USA
11/28/2017  1:06 AM
martin wrote:Hey, I liked that fact Dotson and some of the young guys played together in the 2nd. I'll take a loss every now and then if those guys build on something and get playing time together

I agree. This is about more than just W/L’s. This franchise has to build and young players must be developed.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/28/2017  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2017  8:52 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Yeah Willy has mostly stunk! At the start of this game when Willy came in he was HORRIBLE. I did see him play better in the 2nd half. The guy needs a lot of work but I think he has the ability to play much better than this. He’s gotta MAN UP and stop wussing out. Tonight in the 2nd half I saw some effort but he’s still got a ways to go.

I don't think he is a good stop and start player. He seems to play better with continuity. Embedding last year he gout better later on, with continued exposure. This kid ain't gonna a be a stop gap, he will either have to be part of the rotation or traded.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Gamethread: Fish is BLAZING tonight and so are the Knicks! Gonna send some suckas on a trail back home!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy