Okafor for such a ridiculous price could be a big winner of a deal
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/29/2017  1:18 PM
simrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
simrud wrote:Beas averaged 19 one season - so what? Guy is unplayable because he is borderline mentally handicapped.

You can't make it in the NBA if you have a mental disability - I'm not even joking here. How can you expect someone like that to execute pro level schemes?

WTF are you talking about? The guy went to Duke and was the main cog in a championship as a freshmen?

Yeah that proves it - just like all the football players who can't sign their name after graduating.

Believe you are confusing Duke with another school. This program.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2017  1:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I mean we would have to trade the 2nd for him. Then we would need to trade away KOQ and Willy to find him mins. Which he will then have to prove that he is a hungry player who will stay in shape and avoid injury. Then prove that he can rebound and defend enough to make a positive impact.

Kanter is Kanter because he is a dominant rebounder, hits his fts, gets buckets at a high per second/possession rate. Doesn't need a high usage rate to do these things.

Its not just the 2nd rd pick we are giving up. But within the rest of the year until he becomes a FA. There will need to be a lot of heavy lifting to make it work just to see if he can reach his potential. Then how about Jeff showing him tough love if his defense is poor for a stretch. How does that work for the impending FA?

We may just not be in the best position to do this. And odds are out of the ton of big men coming out of the draft this yr or drafts in the future. A mid to late first rounder ends up being better than him in a few years.

Oquinn and a 2021 #2. If they want o spin Oquinn somewhere else--fine. Its a good deal for them and for us. We replace Oquinn with Okafor who becomes Kanters back up. If Kanter asks for 100-120mm we still have Okafor(who will not get that type of money) and Willy. If I ended up with Okafor and Willy--Im good with that. Our focus in the offseason is PG PG and wing players. We can take care of this C thing right now. KP needs a strong C next to him.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

11/29/2017  1:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I mean we would have to trade the 2nd for him. Then we would need to trade away KOQ and Willy to find him mins. Which he will then have to prove that he is a hungry player who will stay in shape and avoid injury. Then prove that he can rebound and defend enough to make a positive impact.

Kanter is Kanter because he is a dominant rebounder, hits his fts, gets buckets at a high per second/possession rate. Doesn't need a high usage rate to do these things.

Its not just the 2nd rd pick we are giving up. But within the rest of the year until he becomes a FA. There will need to be a lot of heavy lifting to make it work just to see if he can reach his potential. Then how about Jeff showing him tough love if his defense is poor for a stretch. How does that work for the impending FA?

We may just not be in the best position to do this. And odds are out of the ton of big men coming out of the draft this yr or drafts in the future. A mid to late first rounder ends up being better than him in a few years.

Oquinn and a 2021 #2. If they want o spin Oquinn somewhere else--fine. Its a good deal for them and for us. We replace Oquinn with Okafor who becomes Kanters back up. If Kanter asks for 100-120mm we still have Okafor(who will not get that type of money) and Willy. If I ended up with Okafor and Willy--Im good with that. Our focus in the offseason is PG PG and wing players. We can take care of this C thing right now. KP needs a strong C next to him.

Paul George and a Point Guard?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/29/2017  2:16 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I dont like Paul George. Id like to find that wing in the draft--no more projects though. I have my eyes on my free agent---Ill see how he plays this year.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/29/2017  2:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I dont like Paul George. Id like to find that wing in the draft--no more projects though. I have my eyes on my free agent---Ill see how he plays this year.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/29/2017  3:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/29/2017  3:33 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Then Ok4 is now costing more then a 2nd as KOQ is worth at least 2 2nds or even maybe a late first. He also isn't some once in a generation type of talent. He may not even end up having a better career then Willy when it's all said and done. There is probably a fan on another teams message board talking about how they should be trying to steal Willy from us. Since we have all these bigs. And we aren't giving him a fair shake after being a first team all rookie.

I'm pretty sure Ok4 got beat out for mins by Amir Johnson just like Willy did vs KOQ.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler

11/29/2017  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/29/2017  3:50 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Enjoyed both films. Bautista laughing his ass off at the worst moments was priceless.

Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
11/30/2017  4:42 AM
Last season, when Okafor did get some minutes, he was third from the bottom of the ESPN +- list for all players.
Okafor for such a ridiculous price could be a big winner of a deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy