[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kp is simply not a reliable player to be counted on
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2017  11:19 PM
I don't think he is capable of playing more than 60-65 games a year max. I said this in a post a couple of weeks ago-- he's a 25-28 minute player that needs to be monitored for the long term. While he can have a form of franchise talent-- he is not Sturdy enough physically to be counted on. He can be part but he will not be THE man
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/25/2017  11:31 PM
Ewing's knees were toast not long after he entered the league. Dont remember hearing that talk back then. This is "Danger Will Robinson!!" Territory.
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/25/2017  11:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't think he is capable of playing more than 60-65 games a year max. I said this in a post a couple of weeks ago-- he's a 25-28 minute player that needs to be monitored for the long term. While he can have a form of franchise talent-- he is not Sturdy enough physically to be counted on. He can be part but he will not be THE man

why i was willing to trade him

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/26/2017  12:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2017  12:19 AM
This team is hardly anything to hang one's hat on, save Porzingis. To that end, I agree with you that we need much more around him to make things worthwhile. Unfortunately, we've foolishly doubledowned on mediocrity and have no real means to add gamechanging talent via the draft, trade or free agent signing. If we continue on this path, we run the risk of wasting KP's promise and prematurely wearing him down. Hopefully we have ourselves a firesale and re-focus our attention on the draft and in clearing cap space to build a REAL team around him.
NardDogNation

11/26/2017  12:18 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I don't think he is capable of playing more than 60-65 games a year max. I said this in a post a couple of weeks ago-- he's a 25-28 minute player that needs to be monitored for the long term. While he can have a form of franchise talent-- he is not Sturdy enough physically to be counted on. He can be part but he will not be THE man

Ditto albeit for a ridiculously high asking price. I still think Boston would've been willing to give up the kind of assets to make things interesting.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/26/2017  12:19 AM
We need an adequate back up 4.... Beasley needs some Gotu Kola or something. If he could score without zoning out in between and during plays he's be perfect.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler

11/26/2017  12:30 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Ditto albeit for a ridiculously high asking price. I still think Boston would've been willing to give up the kind of assets to make things interesting.

How many games did Jordan miss, early in his career? Would you pass on Anthony Davis? How many games has he missed?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/26/2017  12:42 AM
Briggs why do you always overreact? Porzingis won't play 82 games but he's fine. This team is fine. They are probably a year ahead of schedule but will still lose a lot of games. Our best players won't all play 82 games. No need to over think these things. We are a young team with a bright future win or lose.
NardDogNation

11/26/2017  1:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2017  1:44 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

How many games did Jordan miss, early in his career? Would you pass on Anthony Davis? How many games has he missed?

Michael Jordan? I think he broke his leg in his second or third season and basically missed most of said season in the process. But I think that's a moot point because Jordan fit a completely different physical profile and showed to be an iron horse throughout his career. Freakishly big guys like KP, however, have shown to be especially injury-prone to an extent that shortens their careers e.g. Yao Ming, Greg Oden, Manute Bol, Andrew Bynum, etc. That history inclines me to think that we won't have much of a window with Kristaps before physiology catches up to him. That and that alone was the only reason I seriously would've contemplated a deal with the Celtics if Jaylen Brown and the no.1 overall pick (to be swapped with Philly for no.3 and future assets) were on the table.

FWIW, I feel the same way about Anthony Davis. Even those concussions are starting to catch up with him.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/26/2017  1:39 AM
KP's durability really isn't an issue. He'll play the bulk of his games, and get some rest days like any other star type.
Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
11/26/2017  4:58 AM
Please stop this drama. It was scheduled loss, so KP was rested.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/26/2017  5:58 AM
Are you kidding me?
The guy averages 27 a night, who was the last big man to do that for us? Ewing.
He's a great talent. Works hard. Gets better each year. Shows leadership qualities. Steps up when you need him to.
What player in this league plays every game at KP's position?

Durant?
Anthony Davis?

Most of these guys get hurt.

And as someone already said, have you not noticed KP's two rest games came when we were on a back to back situation in a road game? The staff is managing KP very well this year. He needs to be rested in those situations and his minutes monitored. You can be a franchise player and still get that treatment. Spurs did it with Duncan for years.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/26/2017  8:58 AM
Talk about over reacting!!!!Wow Briggs, so some restraint?
Let’s speculate, Rockets are top 4 in the league, we on second leg of a back to back and its on the road.
Hmmmm, maybe we just sat his ass but are not flaunting it?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/26/2017  9:15 AM
Skudra wrote:Please stop this drama. It was scheduled loss, so KP was rested.

Bingo.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/26/2017  9:21 AM
dude they were clearly resting him on a back to back against a good team. what a dumb over-reactive thread
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/26/2017  10:06 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Are you kidding me?
He's a great talent. Works hard. Gets better each year. Shows leadership qualities. Steps up when you need him to.

Durant?
Anthony Davis?

And as someone already said, have you not noticed KP's two rest games came when we were on a back to back situation in a road game? The staff is managing KP very well this year. He needs to be rested in those situations and his minutes monitored. You can be a franchise player and still get that treatment. Spurs did it with Duncan for years.

Not over reaction and not negative— I don’t see him as a guy with capacity to play 35 minutes and 75+ games. When building the team- I think it would be prescient to build this wAy

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

11/26/2017  10:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Are you kidding me?

Durant?
Anthony Davis?

Not over reaction and not negative— I don’t see him as a guy with capacity to play 35 minutes and 75+ games. When building the team- I think it would be prescient to build this wAy

Players like KP, Giannis, are the future. This is where the league is headed. We arent talking about Bill Walton here. KP has been pretty durable for a big who throws his body around as much as he does.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/26/2017  10:19 AM
On the surface, this thread appears to be an overreaction, but there are some valid concerns about building a team around a 7'3 player...The basketball gods have not be kind to most freakishly tall players...Manute, Shawn Bradley, Yao have all missed a ton of time due to injury and rarely did any of them play the full season. Hopefully KP doesn't fit in this category...
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/26/2017  10:44 AM
The amount of overy reacting is astounding. They are being cautious. If they don't do this them people will be worried about the coaching being stupid and not monitoring KPS minutes. Can't win.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/26/2017  10:53 AM
This anti KP nonsense is quite annoying
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Kp is simply not a reliable player to be counted on

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy