[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rumors In Today's Paper
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
1/6/2002  12:28 PM
It said today in Newsday that the Knicks are getting real deep in trade talks for Rasheed Wallace and have considered trading for Gary Payton. I don't understand the Payton part, we don't need a point guard right now, if Jackson continues to play like he does and hand out 7+ assissts a game I think we should stay w/ him. Also, it said in the NY Post that no one is untouchable for Layden to trade, including Spree. I have a question for everyone, who you want in a trade the most, Wallace, Payton, or Jackson.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/6/2002  3:15 PM
Definitely Wack Wallace. I'd love the glove but can't understand how we could get a trade done for him anyway. I don't want to get even older with trades. Marc was fine by me but after reading the demands of GS I'm not as enthusiastic about that anymore.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/6/2002  3:28 PM
I agree getting Payton wouldn't really do much and only make us older. Wallace and Jackson are both young and can make us very competitive. The only thing is i don't really want to trade Sprewell or Camby so hopefully they can get something done and keep both of them.
BigSm00th
USA
1/6/2002  4:55 PM
With Camby playing like he has, I would make him the only untouchable. Spree, I really don't care about. If we can get Wallace for Spree and Thomas I'd do it in a heartbeat.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/6/2002  5:02 PM
Well I think GS is playing hardball and is looking to cash in on Marc Jackson. They aren't interested in making an honest deal but are trying to get the most out of it. I mean they want Mike Miller from Orlando for Marc Jackson, now that's a bogus trade or what?

It was something in the order of a draft pick plus a PG plus cash that would get us Marc. Still interested? I'm not.

I'd want to retain draft picks for at least the upcoming two drafts and even try to get some more draft picks.

Wacky wallace trade rumor was something along the lines of Houston, Othella and Crazy eyes for Wallace and Wells. I'd be very pleased with this trade.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/6/2002  5:02 PM
We could cut Larry Robinson and have three roster spots open for potential raw prospects.

something like

Leon Smith(fc), comes with excessive baggage but is extremely talented.

Lonnie Harrell(pg), plays in the NBDL and supposedly outplayed Kidd while in their training camp. Plus he's a tall PG but already in his late twenties.

Nate Huffman(c), is playing quite good as a center in Israel I believe

Maceo Baston(sf), is young and talented and showed a few possibilities during his preseason camp with us.

Khalid El-Amin(pg), he might be short 5'10"-5'11" but he's had some very succesful games with the bulls who drafted him and the Celts during preseason. He was on the Mavs roster for a very short while but got cut when they got Timmy Hardaway. He's very talented but most teams look the other way because of his height.

We could offer any of these a 10-day contract and maybe they'll stick. Oh how I wish our GM was actively scouting for a diamond in the rough.
Knixkik
USA
1/6/2002  5:45 PM
I think the best deal we can do that is reasonable is Houston and Thomas a maybe cash or picks included for Wallace because i really can't see Portland taking Houston, Thomas, and Harrington for Wallace and Wells. I would consider trading Sprewell and Thomas for Wallace, but i love Sprewell and i'd be worried about the team's heart and spirit because thats what Sprewell is for the Knicks. I worked out a three way deal on Real GM Trade Checker that would send Foyle and Jackson to Portland along with Houston and Thomas. Wallace would come to New York and Dale Davis would go to Golden State(trade checker 449374). Either way i think getting Wallace and not trading at least Camby would be the best trade for the team.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/6/2002  6:25 PM
If we could get Wallace, Camby has to stay. That, for me, is the appeal of the trade to see those two roam the floor together. Furthermore Wallace will not play center so we'd have some trouble there as well. Of course I'd rather keep Spree and trade Houston who actually would be better for them regarding team chemistry but if it takes Spree then so be it.
BigSm00th
USA
1/6/2002  6:43 PM
I would rather take Houston, I seriously believe that even if Webber was here, Spree would be taking the last shots of the game. He's too much of a headcase and he and Wallace in the same lockerroom could get us in trouble. I'd rather trade Spree and Thomas, get Wallace, and then look @ that Artest deal for a SF.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/6/2002  6:57 PM
Hmm, well you can look at it like that as well but it seems Wallace doesn't take it to well to be named captain of the team. With Spree gone he would be though. It's a shame wacky wallace played well against Philly, the worse his rep, the easier it would become for us to trade for him.

Whatever it takes, as long as Camby isn't involved in the deal, I'm all for it.

Artest is good for Karma as we should have picked him anyway instead of Weis.

Whaddaya think of Samuel Dalembert? Apparently Philly wanted to trade him for George McCloud and the deal was as good as done but the owners didn't give the go ahead due to the salary increase. Y'all think we should pursue him as well?
Ris44
Member: #188
USA
1/7/2002  1:41 AM
knicksbabyyeah where can you get info on those players you mentioned. I know Kalid but the others I'd like to know more about, specially that F-C you mentioned first.

Anyways If you can get Wallace for Spree and Camby you should do it. Wallace is a better rebounder than Camby who really only gets so many rebounds because he's the only size the knicks have. But unlike Wallace camby doesn't have an offensive game other than put backs. Wallace would dominate in the east and can easilly get 25 and 12. Houston would also play better since he would get way more open shots since Wallace will be doubled a lot.

If you can do something like Houston and Camby it would even be better since even though Spree isn't as good a shooter his shot percentage would improve due to the open shots.

A trade like Houston Camby and Thomas(or Harrington/weatherspoon) for Wallace, wells(or Patterson) and Bounje Bounje would be great for NY

They get two explosive players to play along side Spree and they get a rookie C who is a good rebounder and shot blocker.

I made a trade in realgm between Ny, Por, and Chi where you had

NY trade Camby and Houstoon for Wallace, Artest and Bounje Bounje

Portland trade Wallace, wells and Bounje for Miller, Houston, Fizer, and Harrington

Chicago trade Miller, Artest, Fizer for Camby and Wells

I think Chicago gets too much though so maybe they giove up a pick or something, probably to portland.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/7/2002  6:05 AM
Leon Smith info, you might want to try a search engine as I don't know a cba site. He is however averaging near to 19 points per game and 11 boards in the CBA.

Smith was a 1st round draft pick of SA traded to Dallas. While he was with Dallas however the young kid directly drafted out of high school flipped out and stalked his girlfriend and apparently had a suicide attempt with swallowing awhole lot of pills. This kid has always had alot of tough breaks..
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/7/2002  6:13 AM

http://www.thenewrepublic.com/021400/coverstory021400.html

Y'all ought to read it.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/7/2002  9:39 AM
CBA website news on Leon Smith

http://www.cbahoopsonline.com/news/news.php?story=36&team=gar
Knixkik
USA
1/7/2002  5:51 PM
I really want to trade Houston, Thomas, and extras for Wallace and would probably trade Sprewell and Thomas for him as well. I think Houston fits their team better, but Spree is more valuable so i think they would still prefer him. Let's just hope Wallace doesn't land in Washington because then we would be in trouble.
BigSm00th
USA
1/7/2002  6:42 PM
If the Knicks want Wallace, they better act fast. I read that the Wizards are considering offering Kwame Brown, Courtney Alexander and their first rounder this year. I don't know if there is any truth to it because Jordan would put himself in front of his team by trading away a humongous part of their future in Kwame Brown and this years pick, but still, I think the Knicks need to get something done fast.
#Knickstaps
LarrythaLeo
Member: #71
USA
1/8/2002  12:32 PM
I keep hearing people on this board talking about how houston would fit their ( Portland ) team better. I just think we have to worry about us first. If you look at it Sprewell isn't a shooter, and with Wallace that's what we are going to need, a pure shooter. Let guys like Shandan, hopefully Artest, Postel, and Houston fill in that one small void of a slashing game. I never saw a team go far without being able to make three's. I know a lot of people are attached to Spree but if we could trade him and just Thomas it would be the least costly method of aquiring him. Why add Harrington just to hold on to Spree, it's guys with his kinda contract that are going to make us respectable cap-wise.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/8/2002  2:54 PM
Anone besides Camby for Sheed and I' all for it. I might be a Spree fan but this is a rare oppertunity if it is for real. We would have a formidable combination in the paint with camby and wacky wallace. If we would trade Camby to them however we would still have the same height problems and wouldn't benefit from what Rasheed brings to the game.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/8/2002  3:36 PM
my first reaction is that I would do a Wallace for Spree trade in a second - you always do a big for small trade, everything else equal. But then I realized that Wallace is kinda in the last year of his contract, with next year at his option. I don't think that puts Wallace in the driver’s seat, but that mean you have to sign him to a long-term deal or lose him. That's a lot to undertake, especially considering he still acts like a nut in a contract year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
1/8/2002  5:14 PM
But you have to agree though it's better to have a marquee player at forward or center than it is is to have two marquee guards?

Kidd might be an exception to the rule but you know what I mean.
Rumors In Today's Paper

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy