USA
11/22/2017  12:36 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
teamsport72 wrote:1. McD

"The Knicks 26.4 net points per 100 possessions with @dougmcdermott and @kporzee on the floor together is the second highest net rating among duos who have played at least 130 minutes together. Also, though very limited run so far (17 total minutes), one of the best lineups in the league is: KP, Kanter, Jack, Lee, and...McBuckets. 129.5 ORtg, 83.8 Drtg, Net of +45.7"

McD should be considered for a starting role. His BBiQ and decision making is far superior to that of Timmy, these stats confirm the eye test. Not to mention the shooting. Only...it is not happening, the biggest contracts start - otherwise one begins to wonder a bit about FO competence.

2. KOQ

Should have been traded while hot to make room for Willy/Noah. Don't overcook.

3. December

Crucial stretch as far as playoff aspirations considered. Easy schedule, should get close to 20-10 record by Xmas. January will be brutal and we will get butchered on the road. If we finish December only at 0.500, playoffs may be a longshot.

And there is the hypocrisy of Jeff benching Willy for defense. McDermott has earned a spot over THJR and Beasley, he moves without the ball better than anyone on the team.

How has he earned a spot over Timmy?? Timmy has been playing good all around basketball putting up not only points but assists and rebounds as well and he's doing this without him having his shot being on like we know it can be. He hasn't even had one of those Timmy games where his 3 ball is on point yet. I love me some McBuckets but Timmy has earned that starting spot by doing a little bit of everything.

Because based on the stats McDermott is playing better than Timmy.
Here is a look at 82games http://www.82games.com/1718/1718NYK.HTM

And it's pretty accurate in terms of his production helping the team more than Timmy's at this point.

McDermott has been playing BETTER all around basketball than THJR and we shouldn't be playing people based on the off chance that he finally has "one of those games".

Again I am OK with THJR playing - I am calling out Jeff on his hypocrisy, when you set the standard that your players need to earn their minutes you need to apply that standard to ALL your players. Jeff failed to do this with Melo and Rose and is now failing to do it with Timmy. He will also predictably fail to do it with KP

I believe it goes back to Timmy playing out of position. You put Timmy at the 2, maybe McD at the 3. Bring Lee off the bench, save him for a possible playoff run. He's 33. I know he's playing great, but if Hardaway wasnt ready to step in that would be another matter. I doubt THJ at the 3 is permanent.

My only point is Jeff isn't using the same set of rules for everyone. McDermott has better stats at the three let him start. THJ can start at the two - I have no issues with that. THJ will never be a 3, we should try to really evaluate McDermott at that position as a starter. Any rebuilding coach would have already made the switch.

Coaches don't make up rotations and starting lineups via stats, that's just inane man. Hypocrisy because one player has one stat that fits your theme? There are huge difference in shadings of bad defense (and production) that we are talking about regarding not playing Willy.

Lee guards the opposing SF most games. Also, as stated elsewhere, there is a big difference between starters and bench players and who the play against.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
What stands out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy