[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we make playoffs and our draft pick is 15+ and 30+
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/21/2017  9:47 AM
I think Id like to go with more mature developed players. I think with KP--we need a junkyard dog player like D Green(a 5-4-3-2 type) another 2 way guard/F and a third PG. We need more Kyle KUzma than Johnathon Issac. I see the prizes up at the top--but Im doubting will be there.

There is a few free agents I like next year--well have to see how things develop--but Im thinking two mature rookies and spend all my cash on one hardcore NBA free agent. Im really looking 4ward to watching I thomas come back--to see if hes ok. We have a big team with big players. A great clutch PG is something were going to need.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/21/2017  10:45 AM
From everything the Mills/Perry braintrust is saying, those are the players we are looking for. 2-way players, hard workers, who don't take plays off. These are the players we need and these should be the players we get.
Rose is not the answer.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/21/2017  11:00 AM
Every year there is a Kuzma-type, we need to find him. I agree about experienced players. We can still find guys who can help now with good upside. Mikal Bridges from Villanova is a great option. Alize Johnson has that D Green type of all-around game too. There's guys out there.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2017  11:37 AM
Fair, Knicks still need 1 more solid all star to make this a contending team though. Player who can just get his own at any time, sf/guard type.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
11/21/2017  11:55 AM
martin wrote:Fair, Knicks still need 1 more solid all star to make this a contending team though. Player who can just get his own at any time, sf/guard type.

As long as we are smart and patient, that player will want to come here as a free agent. Free agents just need an excuse to come to NY. This will always be a place players want to play.

martin
USA
11/21/2017  11:58 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Fair, Knicks still need 1 more solid all star to make this a contending team though. Player who can just get his own at any time, sf/guard type.

As long as we are smart and patient, that player will want to come here as a free agent. Free agents just need an excuse to come to NY. This will always be a place players want to play.

I'm down with that. Perry got work to do to manage the cap over the next 2 seasons.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/21/2017  12:05 PM
I thought you were going to suggest packaging both to move up- which would be nice if we could get to 8-10.

At some point, it might be worth discussing trading Noah and clearing his salary from our cap and packaging both and getting cap room and maybe late 1st rounder - sort of what the Lakers did with Moz.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/21/2017  12:11 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I'm down with that. Perry got work to do to manage the cap over the next 2 seasons.

Noah a weight on the cap.

Would having a non-competitive team have allowed us to showcase Noah?...If he showed he had somethingleft in the tank maybe we could have moved him at the trade deadline for picks/and expiring contract.

Doubt if Perry wants to keep Jackson's albatross.

Right now, I would think the only way to move him is to waive him and stretch out his contract.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/21/2017  12:14 PM
franco12 wrote:I thought you were going to suggest packaging both to move up- which would be nice if we could get to 8-10.

At some point, it might be worth discussing trading Noah and clearing his salary from our cap and packaging both and getting cap room and maybe late 1st rounder - sort of what the Lakers did with Moz.

Would think that this would be on the table no matter where we finish...No?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/21/2017  12:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2017  12:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I been trying to get guys to believe that we are on any upward rise.... I believe we will sign Someone because of KP and the team surrounding him. We are playing organized and free. Guys around the league know what's going on here. It's special. If we make the playoffs, we open the door for that to happen. The draft pick will come. Doesn't matter where we draft. Just habe too believe in the staff we have. They haven't been wrong in a while. Best is yet to come y'all

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2017  12:41 PM
why we worried about the draft? We have a team with a winning record, enjoy the games, enjoy the progress of youth thru the pain of defeat.
Also, last nite we saw KP not shoot well, although many were good looks, maybe the elbow? but the kid on defense contributed!
Frank played bad. Game was ugly.
We won an ugly game. Home cooking for sure.
martin
USA
11/21/2017  12:59 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Noah a weight on the cap.

Would having a non-competitive team have allowed us to showcase Noah?...If he showed he had somethingleft in the tank maybe we could have moved him at the trade deadline for picks/and expiring contract.

Doubt if Perry wants to keep Jackson's albatross.

Right now, I would think the only way to move him is to waive him and stretch out his contract.

I literally don't think Noah's contract decision comes into play unless there is a player targeted who commits to NY and Knicks don't yet have the cap space, no other scenario makes sense to trade/stretch Noah before then. I think this summer you can stretch Noah for an addition $7M in cap space relief, not much in the big picture.

Knixkik
USA
11/21/2017  1:12 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:I thought you were going to suggest packaging both to move up- which would be nice if we could get to 8-10.

Would think that this would be on the table no matter where we finish...No?

Yes i would think packaging the 2 picks to move up slightly is a good move if there is a player that fits. It's an option i'm sure we will explore.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/21/2017  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2017  3:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:Every year there is a Kuzma-type, we need to find him. I agree about experienced players. We can still find guys who can help now with good upside. Mikal Bridges from Villanova is a great option. Alize Johnson has that D Green type of all-around game too. There's guys out there.

For picks 15 and down -the Bridges from Mich state will be gone bt the Bridges from Villanova might be there Bonzie Colson from ND could be our dray green Jalen brunson I love have to watch Grayson allen all year--those types of players.

I want to watch I Thomas. I know he might not be some peoples "choice" but I love him hes frikin tough and good. We have a bunch of tall players and he could play with Frank etc.. Hes a star and we need another.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
11/21/2017  3:02 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Every year there is a Kuzma-type, we need to find him. I agree about experienced players. We can still find guys who can help now with good upside. Mikal Bridges from Villanova is a great option. Alize Johnson has that D Green type of all-around game too. There's guys out there.

For picks 15 and down -the Bridges from Mich state will be gone bt the Bridges from Villanova might be there Bonzie Colson from ND could be our dray green Jalen brunson I love have to watch Grayson allen all year--those types of players.

I want to watch I Thomas. I know he might not be some peoples "choice" but I love him hes frikin tough and good.

Yes Colson is legit. Undersized but versatile. Grab Bridges (from Nova) in the 1st and Colson in the 2nd and i'm good.

blkexec
Member: #748
11/21/2017  3:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I been trying to get guys to believe that we are on any upward rise.... I believe we will sign Someone because of KP and the team surrounding him. We are playing organized and free. Guys around the league know what's going on here. It's special. If we make the playoffs, we open the door for that to happen. The draft pick will come. Doesn't matter where we draft. Just habe too believe in the staff we have. They haven't been wrong in a while. Best is yet to come y'all

When Melo and Phil was here, it's hard for FA's to see where they fit and if this system fits them. It's clear to everybody that the triangle reduced some of the players natural instincts, resulting into too much thinking. Now that Iso Melo is gone and the triangle system is gone (so they think), we are now an attractive destination for FA's. And Perry is the right guy to have, when all of a sudden, everybody wants to play in NY. Perry doesn't seem like a guy that jumps to the first thing he sees. So we are in good hands. The future is bright again. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/21/2017  5:37 PM

This is not the NFL.

How often does a team in the 8-10 pick range move a trade for, as the original post projects, a 15+ plus pick plus a high 2nd round pick (even if it's the first pick in the 2nd round)

The 8-10 pick range is likely a Tier 3 or Tier 4 first round pick. A 15 plus pick is in the "cloud" i.e the range of guys where it's all a crapshoot based on need and potential.

If a team moves back or up, they are moving, at most, a few slots. This is actually established in NBA draft history. What you are suggesting is what would amount to an anomaly in the marketplace and it's history.

IF the Knicks had 8-10 in a pick, would you want them to move it for 15+ and a high 2nd? Then why should the other team?

What the Lakers are doing has no shape or form in any similarity to the Knicks. The Lakers, and well as the rest of the league, KNOW that LBJ and PG13 are going there as free agents, barring catastrophic injury. When they clear space, they KNOW what they are clearing it for and why.

The EASIEST trade right now is moving Noah for Luol Deng. Money is about the same, contract is about the same. Both ugly. Maybe the Lakers could use a center rather than a wing. (Wings are more valuable) It's a 'challenge trade', my bloated ugly overpaid problem for your bloated ugly overpaid problem.

Noah has no trade value. Given many teams are in the tax zone and the league in general will be cap locked for the next few offseasons, the value of cap space has spiked again. Meaning to move Noah, the price has gone up.

While it sucks, it might just be easier for the team to organically let Noah expire. Even a last year stretch is a three year hit. A buyout only makes sense if the Knicks can recoup a good chunk of cash, and since no team really wants Noah other than the vets minimum at this point, that's probably not going to happen.

No one wants Noah. I'd argue no one wanted him when the Knicks signed him, not to a four year deal. They basically bid against themselves. They "A-Rod-ed" themselves. Idiots.

As much as I'd want them to, the Knicks are not making the playoffs. They are no where near contention level. They are not one player away from contention level. The teams who are in strong positions now, that took time, a lot of time. In the NBA, the builds are just slow, it's the nature of the limited talent pool and the way the cap and contracts work.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/21/2017  6:26 PM
Porter Jr out for the season due to back. Yikes poor kid
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VCoug
Member: #1406

11/21/2017  6:29 PM
Knixkik wrote:

How are we going to sign them? If we're keeping this basic team together we're not going to have much, if any, cap space. And KP only has one more year after this one under his rookie deal so we're going to need to extend him.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

11/21/2017  6:59 PM
would you guys do the 15th pick to the bucks for Middleton?
If we make playoffs and our draft pick is 15+ and 30+

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy