[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is it too early to say that Perry won the Melo Trade?!?
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/21/2017  2:13 PM
You know what was funny to watch on First Take Steven A pleading to Melo to play better. “I need you to”. I thought that was Hilarious.
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

11/21/2017  2:16 PM
Vmart wrote:You know what was funny to watch on First Take Steven A pleading to Melo to play better. “I need you to”. I thought that was Hilarious.

He doesn't see the connection still.
Last years Knicks were playing just like OKC is now.
Steven was obsessed with blaming Phil.
Now OKC is playing eerily similar to the Knicks.

There's only one consistency in the Knicks of last year and the Thunder of this year.

Also I do expect the Thunder to make the playoffs and be better than last years Knicks.
For one they have more talent than we did last year.
However I can't believe some people still can't see the connection.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/21/2017  5:46 PM
anrst wrote:Does Melo still have a no trade clause?

Presti would probly love to ship him to sacramento for a second rounder and Koufus

The NTC stays with the contract, no matter what the contract goes. To be traded again, Melo would need to waive the NTC to the next team. In that way, OKC inherits that specific problem.

The trade kicker though IIRC does not apply again.

NTC - Must operate to league standard, no discretion
Trade Kicker - Agreement only between specific player and specific team given time and place

fin89
Member: #4196

11/21/2017  5:51 PM
I haven't watched that much of the Thunder but if you look at highlights from the Pacer game, Melo is doing exactly what he's supposed to do. He's primarily catching and shooting, I think he only holds the ball on one play or so.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/21/2017  5:53 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Now OKC is playing eerily similar to the Knicks.

That's not really the core problem.

Melo being Melo doesn't help their situation, but the core problem is Westbrook and his stat padding.

The team was designed specifically to get Westbrook high volume stats, at any cost, even to the detriment of the entire team and winning. Guys are taking bad shots, but do so because if they convert, WB gets the assist. Guys aren't positioning themselves correctly because they are told to let WB get the rebounds. WB gambles badly and burns any kind of team defense because he's gunning for steals.

Westbrook is a Me First/Me Too selfish diva player. He's talented enough though to mostly get away with it. But it's not something that you can actually build a contender around.

WB is a Nike Signature Athlete. Which means the "narrative" he gets is he's awesome and he's doing so much without help. No one who has designs on a ring really wants to play with this guy. Same with James Harden. He's actually not awesome. He's a high volume player, who is a great individual player, but his quest for numbers basically kills his team's real chances.

Nike wants a WB Versus Durant narrative in the West, and a Kyrie Versus LBJ narrative in the East. I feel bad for other teams, even if they've earned better, it's not the best marketing story for the league, so the refs will f**k them hard.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2017  6:07 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Presti would probly love to ship him to sacramento for a second rounder and Koufus

Nope. He needed to relinquish the no trade clause to get the deal done.

TripleThreat replied later... I do believe you are not correct Bocker.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/21/2017  7:25 PM
Is there a way to construct a table using the "Code" tag - I don't get how to use it? what does Code do? what kind of code is expected?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/21/2017  8:20 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Agree. Melo waived his trade kicker to get the deal done. The NTC is a part of his contract until his deal s done.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/21/2017  8:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Agree. Melo waived his trade kicker to get the deal done. The NTC is a part of his contract until his deal s done.
suckas!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/21/2017  8:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

suckas!

Its an acronym OKC fans might be seeing a lot more of on their message boards, lol. That is if Melo turns into GrandpaMelo before their eyes. Will see where they are at the All-Star break,

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/22/2017  7:17 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

The NTC stays with the contract, no matter what the contract goes. To be traded again, Melo would need to waive the NTC to the next team. In that way, OKC inherits that specific problem.

Trade Kicker - Agreement only between specific player and specific team given time and place

Really? If you waive your NTC once, it's not gone? I would have assumed that.
Vmart
USA
11/22/2017  8:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Really? If you waive your NTC once, it's not gone? I would have assumed that.

NTC or not If OKC gives up on Melo it damning. I think it would tell teams to stay away from him.

Vmart
USA
11/22/2017  8:59 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Vmart wrote:You know what was funny to watch on First Take Steven A pleading to Melo to play better. “I need you to”. I thought that was Hilarious.

There's only one consistency in the Knicks of last year and the Thunder of this year.

Also I do expect the Thunder to make the playoffs and be better than last years Knicks.

Steven A hole never got it. He had an all time winning person telling him to do something that he gets paid 25 million to do and he never did it. Now Steven A hole think he gonna listen to him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/22/2017  9:43 AM
fin89 wrote:I haven't watched that much of the Thunder but if you look at highlights from the Pacer game, Melo is doing exactly what he's supposed to do. He's primarily catching and shooting, I think he only holds the ball on one play or so.

Shhhhhhh... sure, Melo holds the ball less than PG does, but don't bother the haters with facts. They're too busy repeating the same endless stream of tripe they were when He We Do Not Speak Of was on the team.

https://stats.nba.com/players/touches/?sort=TEAM_ABBREVIATION&dir=1

Seconds Per Touch:
Paul George: 2.92
Carmelo Anthony 2.29

We need a stat tracker for the number of Carmelo Anthony threads on the UK since "The Trade II"... LMAO

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/22/2017  9:51 AM
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Steven A hole never got it. He had an all time winning person telling him to do something that he gets paid 25 million to do and he never did it. Now Steven A hole think he gonna listen to him.

Again, The thunders slow start has very little to do with Melo and PG13, and everything to do with the cast that's supporting their big 3. They also play in the West where all of the playoff teams are stacked.

Every, player, coach, and analyst in the NBA this year, have recognize that since the knicks stop running the triangle, it's been a pleasure to watch..So yeah, phil will always be the main reason we were losing with out a fraction of a doubt.

Why not just look at melo's knick record without phil to make a conclusion

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/22/2017  9:55 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Now OKC is playing eerily similar to the Knicks.

That's not really the core problem.

Melo being Melo doesn't help their situation, but the core problem is Westbrook and his stat padding.

The team was designed specifically to get Westbrook high volume stats, at any cost, even to the detriment of the entire team and winning. Guys are taking bad shots, but do so because if they convert, WB gets the assist. Guys aren't positioning themselves correctly because they are told to let WB get the rebounds. WB gambles badly and burns any kind of team defense because he's gunning for steals.

Westbrook is a Me First/Me Too selfish diva player. He's talented enough though to mostly get away with it. But it's not something that you can actually build a contender around.

WB is a Nike Signature Athlete. Which means the "narrative" he gets is he's awesome and he's doing so much without help. No one who has designs on a ring really wants to play with this guy. Same with James Harden. He's actually not awesome. He's a high volume player, who is a great individual player, but his quest for numbers basically kills his team's real chances.

Nike wants a WB Versus Durant narrative in the West, and a Kyrie Versus LBJ narrative in the East. I feel bad for other teams, even if they've earned better, it's not the best marketing story for the league, so the refs will f**k them hard.

This is why the Knicks plan makes sense - build a TEAM who play as one. Love what I am seeing as the roots of our future success.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/22/2017  10:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Again, The thunders slow start has very little to do with Melo and PG13, and everything to do with the cast that's supporting their big 3. They also play in the West where all of the playoff teams are stacked.

Every, player, coach, and analyst in the NBA this year, have recognize that since the knicks stop running the triangle, it's been a pleasure to watch..So yeah, phil will always be the main reason we were losing with out a fraction of a doubt.

Because that knick record is the direct result of JKidd! Rashweed! Camby! FluTysonMrsHibbert! JR did it! All 5 at once!

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/22/2017  10:56 AM
jrodmc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Because that knick record is the direct result of JKidd! Rashweed! Camby! FluTysonMrsHibbert! JR did it! All 5 at once!

put that same roster under the triangle regime, and we win 30 games

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/22/2017  11:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

They have bad losses to the Utah Jazz, Sacramento Kings, and just lost to the Pelicans with Boogie Cousins getting ejected mid way through the game. There schedule has been relatively easy thus far. They have 2 decent wins given the comp against the Pacers(without Turner but will give credit since Pacers have played well early in the season) and Bucks(Who haven't played well early in the season but were supposed to be a ECC contender). The rest of their wins have been against cup cakes with a 3 game wins streak against Clippers, Mavs, Bulls. They beat the Knicks first game of the season. But we all know that they are not the same team. They have lost to the Celtics, Spurs, Wolves twice pretty much the top of the line comp. And have not beat any teams on this level yet. They have the Warriors today though so they have a chance to change that.

They have Russ(reigning MVP), PG13, Melo, Adams. Stop it with the they lack depth. That could be an excuse to them losing in the WCF or maybe in a tough matchup in the 2nd round if they get like the Spurs or Rockets. But that doesn't hold weight when they lose to teams like the Kings and Pelicans etc.

What has been a pleasure to watch is actual effort. Triangle or no triangle effort is the difference. Baker with some others helped expose that last yr. Knicks built on that this year.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/22/2017  11:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

At this time last year OKC had a winning record now they have a losing record - same supporting cast - only people missing are the ones that were trade to acquire the two "multiple time All Stars" - but yeah let's blame the supporting cast, and Phil and the triangle, and the OKC coach and Westbrook and being in the Western conference and blah blah blah...

We ran the triangle for less than half a season during the three years Phil and Melo were both here but THAT is the MAIN reason we were losing. - Make's sense

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Is it too early to say that Perry won the Melo Trade?!?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy