[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Small Forward For 2018
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

11/20/2017  1:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:Kris Middleton in summer 2019.

Now this is the kind of guy we need to actually make a difference and take a lot of the scoring pressure off of KP. Another guy i'd like in the summer of 2019 is Tobias Harris who will be a URFA and he's a New Yorker. He wanted to come here bad a couple of summer's ago to play with Melo.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/20/2017  4:08 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Now this is the kind of guy we need to actually make a difference and take a lot of the scoring pressure off of KP. Another guy i'd like in the summer of 2019 is Tobias Harris who will be a URFA and he's a New Yorker. He wanted to come here bad a couple of summer's ago to play with Melo.

Porzingis is establishing himself as a #1 scoring option and Hardaway looks like he can be a good #2 guy. We need to find that #3 scorer who is also a good defender and ball mover. Middleton fits the bill as closely as possible. My perfect player (non-superstar) would be a prime-iguodala to fit in with this group, so Middleton is probably among the closest comparisons that can realistically become available in the next couple of years.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/20/2017  4:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Porzingis is establishing himself as a #1 scoring option and Hardaway looks like he can be a good #2 guy. We need to find that #3 scorer who is also a good defender and ball mover. Middleton fits the bill as closely as possible. My perfect player (non-superstar) would be a prime-iguodala to fit in with this group, so Middleton is probably among the closest comparisons that can realistically become available in the next couple of years.

Hardaway does not look like a #2 guy. 17 ppg on 14 fga, 31% 3fg, 49% eFG, 53% TS, .102 WS/48, and 0.4 VORP are not the numbers of a 2nd option on a contending team.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Knixkik
USA
11/20/2017  4:40 PM
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Hardaway does not look like a #2 guy. 17 ppg on 14 fga, 31% 3fg, 49% eFG, 53% TS, .102 WS/48, and 0.4 VORP are not the numbers of a 2nd option on a contending team.

No he doesn't yet, i just mean he looks like he can get there over time. He won't be your 2nd best player, but i can see him becoming the 2nd best scorer. An efficient 20 ppg scorer in a couple more years of good development.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/20/2017  5:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No he doesn't yet, i just mean he looks like he can get there over time. He won't be your 2nd best player, but i can see him becoming the 2nd best scorer. An efficient 20 ppg scorer in a couple more years of good development.

He's already 25, he'll be 26 before the season is over, and is in his 5th season; he's already in the beginning of his prime years. When is he going to develop into this AllStar caliber player?

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Knixkik
USA
11/20/2017  8:21 PM
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

He's already 25, he'll be 26 before the season is over, and is in his 5th season; he's already in the beginning of his prime years. When is he going to develop into this AllStar caliber player?

Not sure if he will be an all star but he should continue to improve until 27-28.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/20/2017  10:11 PM
What about McBuckets for SF?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/21/2017  6:58 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Yep both would be great but how do you get them when we are set to be completely capped out once Porzingis is maxed. The point is to add a star SF to this core we have.Adding Middleton but giving up Kanter and Mcdermott is 2 steps forward 1.8 steps back. The Knicks need to be super aggressive this offseason or they lose 3 rotation players for nothing. Maybe package picks to move up and get our SF

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

11/21/2017  7:00 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Hardaway as your number #2 scoring option means we have zero chance of winning a championship. Look at good teams around the NBA they have better options than Hardaway.He needs to be the 3rd if not 4th guy

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq

11/21/2017  7:02 AM
VDesai wrote:What about McBuckets for SF?

great off the bench not a starter. Knicks have to turn Lee and Noah into a star SF somehow

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
11/21/2017  8:20 AM
I want to see how Dougie Mac keeps playing. If his defense continues to be solid, he brings a lot to the table. His off ball cuts to the basket have been a pleasant surprise on top of his knockdown shooting. And from his college days I know he has a bit of back to the basket game as well. With the length we have at other parts of the roster I think you can get away with playing him at the 3 cause he isn't a defensive liability.

Then I think you draft an athlete to play behind him - not saying you're finding an Ariza again, but there are more Ariza types sitting there late in the draft that need time to develop and NBA jumper, but can run and jump and play defense.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/21/2017  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2017  8:55 AM
VDesai wrote:I want to see how Dougie Mac keeps playing. If his defense continues to be solid, he brings a lot to the table. His off ball cuts to the basket have been a pleasant surprise on top of his knockdown shooting. And from his college days I know he has a bit of back to the basket game as well. With the length we have at other parts of the roster I think you can get away with playing him at the 3 cause he isn't a defensive liability.

Then I think you draft an athlete to play behind him - not saying you're finding an Ariza again, but there are more Ariza types sitting there late in the draft that need time to develop and NBA jumper, but can run and jump and play defense.

Agreed. I think if you're the Knicks, you go out of your way now to find out more about Doug. Well said -- he's definitely NOT the liability on D like everyone thought--dude gives solid effort defensively, and then on the offensive end, he's a real knockdown shooter that just knows what he's doing. Brings a lot to the table.

Eventually, I'd really like to see Doug starting and getting more minutes and shots up at the basket.

Look at Otto Porter: In 33.4 mins. on 11.6 shots a game, he's almost 55% from the field, 47% from 3, averaging 15.8 ppg -- those are very good numbers. Porter's also averaging almost 7.5 rpg and 1.8 steals per. He's been impressive and has really rounded out into a solid player for the Wizards.. Conversely, Doug's only getting 22 mins. per and 6.7 shots up. What could Doug do if they upped his PT by another 10 mins. and he got almost double the amount of shots up? Could we have something close to our own Otto Porter here? Maybe. If I'm Jeff, I'd go out of my way to find this out. I think more McDermott, with his high % offense/smarts/effort on defense, only helps the Knicks and could solve our long-term SF issue.

To me, Kanter and McDermott are keepers long-term. All about getting the most possible outta these two now.

Gudris
Member: #6213

11/21/2017  11:13 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Hardaway as your number #2 scoring option means we have zero chance of winning a championship. Look at good teams around the NBA they have better options than Hardaway.He needs to be the 3rd if not 4th guy

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21491819/nba-player-rankings-joel-embiid-ben-simmons-rise-week-5

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/21/2017  11:35 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

IMHO, for the Knicks to take the next step and make the playoffs, THJr is AOK as the #2 scorer. Thru the lens of a deep playoffs team, THJr is a great 6th man.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/21/2017  11:50 AM
Lot of folks underestimating McDermott. Does a lot of things well on offense, and his D has been much better than advertised...If he adds a little more overall strength I don't see why he can't play the 3 for us.

Smart player, more competitive than I had anticipated, quick release, and he moves as well without the ball as anyone we've had in years. He is also able to finish at the basket.

Best case scenario for him...Kiki Vandeweghe? Ray Allen/Redick/Korver? Cazzie Russell?

Can get a little bit stronger for next year...but I don't see why he can't get good minutes at the 3 moving forward- maybe as a starter...maybe as a 6th Man of the Year type reserve.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/21/2017  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2017  12:41 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Lot of folks underestimating McDermott. Does a lot of things well on offense, and his D has been much better than advertised...If he adds a little more overall strength I don't see why he can't play the 3 for us.

Smart player, more competitive than I had anticipated, quick release, and he moves as well without the ball as anyone we've had in years. He is also able to finish at the basket.

Best case scenario for him...Kiki Vandeweghe? Ray Allen/Redick/Korver? Cazzie Russell?

Can get a little bit stronger for next year...but I don't see why he can't get good minutes at the 3 moving forward- maybe as a starter...maybe as a 6th Man of the Year type reserve.

Agreed and very well said, Walt. I really like the Vandeweghe/Korver comparisons too btw. KK's obviously a great shooter and very aggressive looking for his offense. Vandeweghe too -- whatever Kiki lacked in athletic ability and overall speed he made up for in spades with his skill and his aggressiveness. I mean Kiki was so aggressive back in the day. Even when we had him--loved the way he put his head down and drove the ball continually to the basket. Would LOVE to see McDermott play that same way..

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2017  12:47 PM
Timmy is 25 and in his first full season as a guy with a contract and a guy not having to look over his shoulder to get one.
While he is "old", he is still able to improve and allow the game to come to him. Being "The man" in the NBA is something that one has to grow into if it does not happen right away.
Thus, I'd expect him to also be part of this young core that is finding its way.
One has to have imagination beyond the obvious. I dont' have it, but I don't throw out the kind of scenarios as some do.
I thought Ainge picking Tatum instead of Fultz was a masterstroke. Its what happens when you draft on your own research and conviction of a player. He got the player he wanted and another first round pick!!!
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/21/2017  2:09 PM
I actually think we should be focused on guard
THJ/McDErmott is solid at 3. Lancé available at 3 as well.

What we need is a better point guard than Jack and Frank will need a few years. Frank may never be enough even of a player on offense to carry your PG spot.

I'd look for a combo guard before anything else. Think we are solid at 3 with THj, McD, and Lance.

WaltLongmire

11/21/2017  5:44 PM
Finestrg wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Lot of folks underestimating McDermott. Does a lot of things well on offense, and his D has been much better than advertised...If he adds a little more overall strength I don't see why he can't play the 3 for us.

Agreed and very well said, Walt. I really like the Vandeweghe/Korver comparisons too btw. KK's obviously a great shooter and very aggressive looking for his offense. Vandeweghe too -- whatever Kiki lacked in athletic ability and overall speed he made up for in spades with his skill and his aggressiveness. I mean Kiki was so aggressive back in the day. Even when we had him--loved the way he put his head down and drove the ball continually to the basket. Would LOVE to see McDermott play that same way..

Much obliged...

In his prime, Kiki was much better going to the basket than what we got to see with the Knicks. Wish we had gotten him a few years earlier. He and Alex English were both on those Doug Moe free-wheeling offense teams.

No reason why Dougie can't be, at the very least, a 25MPG spark off the bench. I go back far to Cazzie Russell, who would come off the bench on our first title team. You never knew what you would get on a certain night, but when he was on, he would hit 4/5 baskets in a short period of time and really get the crowd going. Trent Tucker is another player who comes to mind. Lots of movement, though McDermott is better going to the basket and a SF.

Have to see what he does this year, hopefully he gets enough minutes on a consistent basis so he can really be assessed. Hornacek remembered him when he worked out for the Suns, I guess, and they seem to be simpatico...we will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/21/2017  5:59 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I actually think we should be focused on guard
THJ/McDErmott is solid at 3. Lancé available at 3 as well.

What we need is a better point guard than Jack and Frank will need a few years. Frank may never be enough even of a player on offense to carry your PG spot.

I'd look for a combo guard before anything else. Think we are solid at 3 with THj, McD, and Lance.

Frank will be fine on offense...13-16 PPG, IMO. We have NO idea what he will be like 3/4 yrs from now, other than the fact that we know he will play great D, and he will be a pass first PG. Seem to recall that the Celtics won with Rondo...and Frank will be a much better shooter from distance than Rondo. We should know by the end of next year how good he can be, though who knows how he develops this year.

I also think Dotson has a good chance of being a starting SG down the road...Had thought he might get significant minutes this year, but our success so far has put an end to that.

Small Forward For 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy