[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Small Forward For 2018
Author Thread
awe1028
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2780

11/18/2017  3:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2017  3:13 PM
Unless something catastrophic happens (like an injury to KP perish the thought)it seems the Knicks are just too good to be in the lottery. And even if they miss the playoffs it is highly unlikely they get a high enough draft pick to land the star small forward (Porter, Doncic) they need.

This got me to thinking who would be the best possibility in free agency to give the Knicks the star SF they so desperately need. My choice: Paul George. He certainly fits the bill as the a star SF. In addition, to being a talented scorer he plays solid defense which fits the defensive mentality the knicks are trying to cultivate. He is also still young enough to fit the Knicks' rebuilding time table.

He has a player option so it is not a certainty he leaves OKC. However the Thunder are not playing particularly well (the big three have not gelled as expected) and there was talk he was not committed to OKC in the first place. Thus it's certainly a possibility he decides to leave.

In such a scenario why not the Knicks as a destination. They are playing exciting ball and of course it is MSG the MECCA. I say

PAUL GEORGE for 2018.

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

11/18/2017  3:15 PM
PG? Come on now. We need to get young guys. 25 or younger.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/18/2017  3:33 PM
awe1028 wrote:Unless something catastrophic happens (like an injury to KP perish the thought)it seems the Knicks are just too good to be in the lottery. And even if they miss the playoffs it is highly unlikely they get a high enough draft pick to land the star small forward (Porter, Doncic) they need.

This got me to thinking who would be the best possibility in free agency to give the Knicks the star SF they so desperately need. My choice: Paul George. He certainly fits the bill as the a star SF. In addition, to being a talented scorer he plays solid defense which fits the defensive mentality the knicks are trying to cultivate. He is also still young enough to fit the Knicks' rebuilding time table.

He has a player option so it is not a certainty he leaves OKC. However the Thunder are not playing particularly well (the big three have not gelled as expected) and there was talk he was not committed to OKC in the first place. Thus it's certainly a possibility he decides to leave.

In such a scenario why not the Knicks as a destination. They are playing exciting ball and of course it is MSG the MECCA. I say

PAUL GEORGE for 2018.

P.George isn't gonna come to New York though when it's been widely known that he wants to play for the Lakers. It sounds great but i don't see it as being realistic unfortunately. There's other SF's coming out in the draft that have the chance of being really good NBA players with M.Bridges and K.Knox two of my top guys i want. Now both will still be top 10 picks but i could see us still picking around that 8-9-10 mark in the draft cause our schedule is already getting tough and gets tougher as the season goes on. Depending on how we're looking closer to the trade deadline i could see us making a trade or trades to get more draft picks to if we're not looking good and if we are then maybe we make a trade for a good player that could help us this year. We have a lot of players that teams looking to make some noise in the playoffs would want which we haven't been able to say in quite a while. We could get some good assets for guys like KOQ, Willy, D.McDermott, M.Beasley and C.Lee.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/18/2017  3:52 PM
I haven't started paying attention to NCAA yet so I'll limit myself to upcoming FAs. Paul George would be nice but he's a little older, a little overrated, and we probably can't create the space to sign him unless Kanter opts out. Ariza would be great but he's in his 30s. I'd take a flyer on either Jerami Grant or Kyle Anderson to start for us and I'd sign Mario Hezonja to a small contract and hope that he rediscovers his talent.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/18/2017  4:36 PM
VCoug wrote:I haven't started paying attention to NCAA yet so I'll limit myself to upcoming FAs. Paul George would be nice but he's a little older, a little overrated, and we probably can't create the space to sign him unless Kanter opts out. Ariza would be great but he's in his 30s. I'd take a flyer on either Jerami Grant or Kyle Anderson to start for us and I'd sign Mario Hezonja to a small contract and hope that he rediscovers his talent.

Grant is a great call. OKC is going to be in a tough spot with the cap. A poison pill type deal would be hard for OKC to match
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/18/2017  4:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:I haven't started paying attention to NCAA yet so I'll limit myself to upcoming FAs. Paul George would be nice but he's a little older, a little overrated, and we probably can't create the space to sign him unless Kanter opts out. Ariza would be great but he's in his 30s. I'd take a flyer on either Jerami Grant or Kyle Anderson to start for us and I'd sign Mario Hezonja to a small contract and hope that he rediscovers his talent.

Grant is a great call. OKC is going to be in a tough spot with the cap. A poison pill type deal would be hard for OKC to match

He is a great call.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/18/2017  6:18 PM
I was wondering if the Knicks have something to trade for Trey Lyles. I think this guy is ready to break out and come into his own.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/18/2017  6:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He is a great call.

This one works in checker.

KOQ / Lee

For

J-Grant, Ferguson, Abrines, Singler

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/18/2017  9:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2017  9:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Grant is who I wish the knicks had gotten instead of McDermont (who admittedly has not been bad). I also think Paul George is a possibility and if I had a choice between the Knicks or Lakers, I think the Knicks are further along and we really only have a hole a SF. But I think the real find would be Robert Covington. He is young, plays solid defense, and he can hit the three. He would be just what this team needs at SF.

Trust the Process
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/19/2017  6:25 AM
It looks like KNicks are starting to go down, so we can top4 draft pick for sure :)
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/19/2017  12:27 PM

Offensively, i agree but his defense is better than I realize. He does a great job negotiating his way through traffic/screens and seemingly gets his hands on everything.

Grant would be cool back up 4 so longs as he continues to work on his jumper

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/19/2017  12:37 PM
TheGame wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Grant is who I wish the knicks had gotten instead of McDermont (who admittedly has not been bad). I also think Paul George is a possibility and if I had a choice between the Knicks or Lakers, I think the Knicks are further along and we really only have a hole a SF. But I think the real find would be Robert Covington. He is young, plays solid defense, and he can hit the three. He would be just what this team needs at SF.

LA has the hometown advantage with George. His family, kid, baby mama all live there.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/19/2017  12:50 PM
Gudris wrote:It looks like KNicks are starting to go down, so we can top4 draft pick for sure :)

TOP FOUR? Even with a tougher schedule I’m not sure about that being the fate of this team. The Knicks were never predicted to be that bad and they look much more competitive than most expected. Barring major injury this team looks destined to miss the top 5 IMO.

I really like Jerami Grant since his Philly days. Prototype build and athletic ability. Defends, which the Knicks could use. Main issue is he can’t shoot! This is why McDermott is in a very good position to stick in NY. He’s shown a LOT more overall game than his rep coming into NY!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/19/2017  1:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Been watching a lot of Thunder games (Surprise) Grant would be a good energy guy off the bench. Good dunk highlights but very raw offensive game. Agree about PG. Has had some horrible shooting games where he keeps forcing shots. Does play very good defense though. But too old and heading to LA.

LNJ? He seems to like the Knicks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/19/2017  4:29 PM
Kris Middleton in summer 2019.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/19/2017  6:40 PM
We need Porter. If we trade our pick if need be to move up, he will be top 3 in all likelihood.
Second choice Middleton.
If conference finals and battling Boston and Phili is your objective you’ll need a SF that can score and who can play D. Meanwhile KP has proven he won’t be rebounding more than 8 pg on average so, whoever ends up playing 5 needs to be a vacuum.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/19/2017  7:12 PM
Paris907 wrote:We need Porter. If we trade our pick if need be to move up, he will be top 3 in all likelihood.
Second choice Middleton.
If conference finals and battling Boston and Phili is your objective you’ll need a SF that can score and who can play D. Meanwhile KP has proven he won’t be rebounding more than 8 pg on average so, whoever ends up playing 5 needs to be a vacuum.

I think kanter and willy are the long term 5s and both are excellent rebounders so we should be fine in that regard.

VCoug

11/19/2017  7:14 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Offensively, i agree but his defense is better than I realize. He does a great job negotiating his way through traffic/screens and seemingly gets his hands on everything.

Grant would be cool back up 4 so longs as he continues to work on his jumper

You mean Paul George? Yeah, I was really talking about his offense which is overrated. He's definitely a very good defender.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
VCoug

11/19/2017  7:16 PM
Paris907 wrote:We need Porter. If we trade our pick if need be to move up, he will be top 3 in all likelihood.
Second choice Middleton.

Any move up would require us to trade our pick. But what else do we have to offer to move up into the top 3?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/19/2017  8:49 PM
VCoug wrote:
Second choice Middleton.

Any move up would require us to trade our pick. But what else do we have to offer to move up into the top 3?

That would be the last piece with bird rights on everyone else we can keep our team together

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Small Forward For 2018

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy