[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will not be liked BUT would be smart
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2017  12:49 PM
knickstorrents wrote:Briggs - I respect your opinion and tried to educate myself on this player.

He's a shooting guard, he has a good eye for stealing balls from passing lanes but he's not really a passer. He shoots at high efficiency, this is true... but we just paid THJr so I don't think Clarkson is a good fit. I also think Frank can be a better on-ball defender (if he isn't already) and that to me is more valuable for us.

Hes a shoot first PG--Ive been following him since college. I had him as a lottery pick back in 2014. He is an absolute modern day PG and his upside is just coming to light. When I hear negativity I just take it as no one whos saying this is watching him---understandable--his games are on late. But not onl;y would he be a great piece here--I think hed take a lot of pressure off of THJ and KP. 3 years later--I had that draft pegged pretty well but that doesnt mean sht. I believe that the Knicks were interested in him before. If our GM and President are true to their word about AGGRESSIVELY rebuilding --than this is the type of move you go for IF the Lakers are interested .

#1 Joel Embiid C (Caveat is health if health 100%)
#2 Andrew Wiggins G/F
#3 Jabari Parker F
--this tier is set any of these guys could go number 1
#4 Marcus Smart PG
#5 Julius Randle PF
#6 Jusuf Nurkic C
#7 Rodney Hood G/F
#8 T J Warren F
#9 Aaron Gordon F
#10 Dante Exum G
#11 Jordan Clarkson PG

#12 Noah Vonleh PF
#13 Shabazz Napier
#14 James Young G
#15 Zach Lavine G
#16 Doug Mcdermott
#17 Glenn Robinson G
#18 Nick Staukus G
#19 Dario Saric F
#20 K J Mcdaniels F
#21 Jarnell Stokes PF
#22 Elfrid Payton PG
#23 Tyler Ennis PG
#24 Adrien Payne PF
#25 Jordan Bachynski C
#26 Gary Harris G
#27 Kyle Andersen G
#28 Jabari Brown G
#29 Jordan Adams G
#30 Isiah Austin F

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/14/2017  1:13 PM
But Briggs, do you think scoring is this teams problem? To me we lose games because we break down defensively and/or can't get rebounds. How does Jordan Clarkson help us?!
Rose is not the answer.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2017  1:14 PM
Briggs, I called Rob Palinka (Lakers GM) and he would not pick up. I asked for Jeannie and PHil picked up!!!
I asked him about this trade but between the Gregorian chants, Aborigine didgeridoo music and bong water bubbles im not sure he heard my message.
But we talked:

Nalod: Phil, whats going on?
PHil: Jeannie and I are working on getting back together!
Nalod: Is she there, can I talk to her?
PHil: No man, she is in San Diego at a conference, We working on a higher level man.....
Nalod: Briggs wanted to know if she'd be interested in a core Clarkston for Frank/Willy trade.....Free some free agent cash next year!
Phil: Man, Willy was a find for us. Kevin Wilson gets credit for that one man. Gaines did a past life regression on Frank and thinks the kid is gonna be great man!
Nalod: Can you do a comparison for our UK friends?
Phil: Wow, sure, the little dude got some Clyde, PHil Chenier and Dean the Dream with those long freaky arms! Jeannie does that deal in a minute!
Nalod: So, where are the Phil Files?
PHil: It takes a lot to keep me quiet, Im Phil Jax man, I got lots to say! But every man has a price!
Nalod: Contractual gag order?
Phil: $24 million. I can keep quiet.
Nalod: Any regrets?
Phil: well yeah, but its wins and losses, but Are knicks better now then when I signed on?
Nalod: Very much! Were you going to trade KP?
PHil: If I did most of you would have been real happy with what I could have gotten back. Early discussions were pretty darn encouraging.
Nalod: That why they fired you?
Phil: Off the record? A good part of it for sure. Mills went around my back and painted me as crazy.
Nalod: Wow, you still good with him?
PHil: Me crazy?, Like turning down $60 million? Be crazy to walk away from that!!
Nalod: Makes sense. Think you would have stayed two more years?
Phil: I wanted to, And Dolan was pretty chill with most things, what sucked was Melo and I messed up with Rose. Set us back. Lost my shyt with KP and his brother. I still think like a coach, not an exec.
Nalod: Regrets with Noah?
PHil: Noah and I have a special relationship. I believed him and still do. He will be awesome, just wait. Kid is special! He was hurt and came in out of shape. That's on me.
But I wanted him and he's a great mentor to the yoots!
Nalod: How High are you?
Phil: the tea is starting to kick in good and Kobe's wife is here. We playing "Cowboys and Indians".......She's great. She loves revenge PHuching me to piss off Kobe.
Nalod: What about Jeannie?
PHil: She had to run out, otherwise she in on this. Im taping it for her. Its awesome. Her 4million dollar ring is mesmerizing!
Nalod: Think she'd do that trade, Briggs wants to know!
Phil: Sure, You lunatics on the UK got this all figure out! LOL!
Nalod: Wait, you read the UK?
Phil: Sure man, you guys spend hours beating this shyt to death so we would organize the thoughts, have our interns list them, then we'd discuss the concepts in our meetings!!!
Nalod: Your kidding! That's Awesome!
PHil: Of course Im kidding, what a waste of time, you guys are so off base its comical!!! We'd have the interns bring it together than laugh our asses off!
Nalod: Oh, thought there for a minute you...
Phil: Sorry man, but you sort of got your shyt together!
Nalod: Wow, thanks man!!!
Phil: Are you freaking stupid? You ramble and the "Logical sensibility" you attempt is a waste of time!
Nalod: ouch, that hurt!
Phil: But Briggs, now there is a talent! Nobody I know can turn an ounce of truth and make pounds of bullshyt than that dude!
Nalod: He'll be happy to here this.
Phil: He won't care. He has a strong self resolve.
Nalod: so who is the cowboy, you?
Phil: Im "Big chief triangle"!!! and she uses a strap on, its very empowering! You want to know more?
Nalod: For some strange reason, "YES"!!!
PHil: The tea is kicking in and the Mescaline is right behind it. Im going to go. Just tell your friends IM good. Real good!!!
Nalod: Hey, no problem, you think If im out in L.A. I can come by and.....
Phil: If you step on my property I'll have security detain you and I'll skull phuch you!
Nalod: Oh, OK. What makes you think I would not like that?
Phil: Dude, Im already in your head!!! <click>

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/14/2017  1:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank were to be dealt, Id rather see the Knicks try to trade for Fulz. Dont believe Clarkson is worth it. Offer Frank, Willy, and a pick. Doubt they would take it, but thats what I would offer.

Does anyone watch basketball beyond the Knicks? Has anyone actually watched the Lakers? Clarkdon has been their best player-- with extended minutes we'd be talking all star pg. He's a no brainer

You have to think about team match. This isn't a videogame. Think about things that got our season on track. Improved perimeter D, better situational passing... Does Clarkson improve on that? I know he's a good player, but does improve us more than the players were trading away. He's not the playmaker we need. And let's be honest...it's unlikely that he stays this hot the entire season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/14/2017  1:55 PM
For Briggs, Clarkson is this year's Allen Crabbe bro-mance.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2017  2:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank were to be dealt, Id rather see the Knicks try to trade for Fulz. Dont believe Clarkson is worth it. Offer Frank, Willy, and a pick. Doubt they would take it, but thats what I would offer.

Does anyone watch basketball beyond the Knicks? Has anyone actually watched the Lakers? Clarkdon has been their best player-- with extended minutes we'd be talking all star pg. He's a no brainer

You have to think about team match. This isn't a videogame. Think about things that got our season on track. Improved perimeter D, better situational passing... Does Clarkson improve on that? I know he's a good player, but does improve us more than the players were trading away. He's not the playmaker we need. And let's be honest...it's unlikely that he stays this hot the entire season.

Hes a scoring PG. Remember right now hes NOT playing starting PG--BUT they play better when he does.

RIP Crushalot&#128542;
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/14/2017  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  2:31 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Hes a scoring PG. Remember right now hes NOT playing starting PG--BUT they play better when he does.

He can play PG in spurts, but I'd argue he plays best at SG. His assists have never been high, he's less of a defensive liability at SG and the Lakers tried that experiment and got unimpressive results. We need guys who can run an offense and make the correct play on the pick and roll. Not toention perimeter D. Clarkson doesn't help us right now. I think we need two-way forwards. We have guys who can put the ball in the hoop when they're set up properly.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/14/2017  2:32 PM
Why does Briggs keep ignoring my Allen Crabbe references.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/14/2017  3:07 PM
Welpee wrote:Why does Briggs keep ignoring my Allen Crabbe references.

I would relate this more toward his Seth Curry obsession.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/14/2017  3:22 PM
You are overestimating Clarkson.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/14/2017  3:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Not for the players mentioned though

Thats the deal in NBA eny--you need to give to get. I would give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. Think about how HARD it is to find a player like Clarkson growing into an all star at 25 and possibly not even in the Lajers long term plan(they want 60mm to sign LBJ and George)
At the end of the day --Im giving a non rotation player and project for an all star type. I have two draft picks--I can replace the big and a back up G.

Clarkson and THJ would be 24-25

I would give up Willy no problem. Just have to figure out who too add to this trade. Sessions obviously, but there's alot of salary to make up.

They want to give away Deng... I would love Deng on the team but they paid him a silly amount of money just because they had it. And they call us stupid for the THJr and Noah signing

You’d give up Wily in a NY minute for Okafors mom. Whether it’s wily kanter Noah OQuinn or Okafor, ny ain’t going beyond first round without more talent in the middle. Draft a 5 and dump the rest for a first top 5!pick.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/14/2017  6:17 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

bryn forbes, valentine, the list goes on. Imagine the glory we'd have if only we followed his suggestions. Dream a little. Have to give to get; have to take risks

Willy would start (he's better than KP)
KP would probably have been Kaminsky or WCS, or if we did pick him, he'd be in the D-league trying to fatten up to be the next Boban (who would be our 7 mill backup)
Seth, Forbes, Crabbe would be swishing threes
Valentine would be doing his thing -- not sure what that is at this point, but it would be glorious
and perhaps we would trade KP (after he was too fat) for Josh Jackson doing whatever it is he does, which the announcers call a shot

Cherry on top is to get a scoring pg Clarkson, because the Rose experiment was great, and the Frank (defense and pass) experiment stinks

(5)(5)
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/15/2017  7:57 AM
Frank is better on defense and as a passer than Clarkson are even now in his rookie season. Plus, you are giving up two low salary guys for a guy we would have to pay over $10 mil. per year. It is not a good deal for us.
Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/15/2017  8:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

We do need another guard that can score, the Knicks are really missing 3 pieces.The big one is obviously a star SF. 2nd is a backup point guard that can do everything Frank can't, like get to the basket and score off the dribble. If we are struggling late in games to score a guy like this could help tremendously. 3rd is a better backup 4. We get those pieces without giving up Kanter, Porzingis, Hardaway, Frank, WIlly, Oquinn, Mcdermott we can be damn good
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/15/2017  8:28 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Thats true. Remember how much he thought Frank Kaminsky was gonna be a star too
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/15/2017  2:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Lakers want to get rid of Jordan Clarkson's salary.

He's a zero on defense.

He's a low IQ type player.

He has a tendency to ball stop/shotjack and is generally a poor decision maker on the floor

He does not prioritize actually running his offense when it's his responsibility to do so.

He's a toxic element to younger players ( "locker room lawyer" type, loves to hammer social media and party all the time)

He can, to his credit, create his own shot, but he's not elite at any particular skill set. If you are going to just be a gunner, you really need to be an out of this world gunner to make up for the other self inflicted trade offs.

If you want to see Zinger blow off practice to hit the club instead and get stabbed and end up on TMZ, and you want the kind of influence that will create that situation, then yes, by all means, go after Clarkson.

Players who are available, are AVAILABLE FOR A REASON

A guy has a few good games strung together and you magically want them at all costs.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/15/2017  2:23 PM
Okafor doesn't play D. Frank and KOQ,do. This trade would hurt.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/15/2017  3:56 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

We do need another guard that can score, the Knicks are really missing 3 pieces.The big one is obviously a star SF. 2nd is a backup point guard that can do everything Frank can't, like get to the basket and score off the dribble. If we are struggling late in games to score a guy like this could help tremendously. 3rd is a better backup 4. We get those pieces without giving up Kanter, Porzingis, Hardaway, Frank, WIlly, Oquinn, Mcdermott we can be damn good

I'd say a young, long and at least very defensively talented SF and a solid back-up/starting PG are our 2 biggest needs -- so I think I'm mostly in agreement with you.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2017  4:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  4:09 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Do we need a scoring PG with bigs like KP and Kanter that need the ball and a wing like TH? Wouldn't a pass-first playmaker be better at PG? This team needs to run thru KP, so we need a PG that compliments his skillset, and i think Ntilikina will become that.

doomed
Member: #1078
USA
11/16/2017  10:57 PM
Worst trade proposal ever.
Will not be liked BUT would be smart

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy