Will not be liked BUT would be smart
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2017  10:11 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Not for the players mentioned though

Thats the deal in NBA eny--you need to give to get. I would give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. Think about how HARD it is to find a player like Clarkson growing into an all star at 25 and possibly not even in the Lajers long term plan(they want 60mm to sign LBJ and George)
At the end of the day --Im giving a non rotation player and project for an all star type. I have two draft picks--I can replace the big and a back up G.

Clarkson and THJ would be 24-25

It's hard to find a player like Clarkson?? Ummmmmmm huh?? You always come up with these crazy trades that just make me happy that you're not our GM and just a fan making posts on a message board. I'd have no problem trading for Clarkson and think he'd be a good addition to this team but the thought of trading Frank for him would never be there. I'd trade KOQ for him and would trade Willy for him but no way do i trade Frank for him.

The Lakers would want good assets coming back. And mostly cheap so the thing they want(cap space) is assured. Im saying what I would give up to get Clarkson(who I believe would put us at a level to compete with Clev and Boston) We still have all our #1 picks going forward. If I have to give up Willy and Frank to get Clarkson--then Id trade our high 2 from Chicago to Philly for Ok4. Ok4 is not unlike Kanter--right fit will equal great success. Put Ok4 next to Noah or KP--hes a stud --same guy who did 17-7 year 1. So we could essentially add an all star guard and one of the most depreciated assets on the market.--both on salary control.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2017  10:25 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Thats the deal in NBA eny--you need to give to get. I would give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. Think about how HARD it is to find a player like Clarkson growing into an all star at 25 and possibly not even in the Lajers long term plan(they want 60mm to sign LBJ and George)
At the end of the day --Im giving a non rotation player and project for an all star type. I have two draft picks--I can replace the big and a back up G.

It's hard to find a player like Clarkson?? Ummmmmmm huh?? You always come up with these crazy trades that just make me happy that you're not our GM and just a fan making posts on a message board. I'd have no problem trading for Clarkson and think he'd be a good addition to this team but the thought of trading Frank for him would never be there. I'd trade KOQ for him and would trade Willy for him but no way do i trade Frank for him.

The Lakers would want good assets coming back. And mostly cheap so the thing they want(cap space) is assured. Im saying what I would give up to get Clarkson(who I believe would put us at a level to compete with Clev and Boston) We still have all our #1 picks going forward. If I have to give up Willy and Frank to get Clarkson--then Id trade our high 2 from Chicago to Philly for Ok4. Ok4 is not unlike Kanter--right fit will equal great success. Put Ok4 next to Noah or KP--hes a stud --same guy who did 17-7 year 1. So we could essentially add an all star guard and one of the most depreciated assets on the market.--both on salary control.

Repeating it does not validate it. Whats fun to read is your negotiation with yourself.
Can you tell us why you like OKA4 other than he was a high pick? WTF is going on with him that he can't crack the rotation? Why does PHill devalue him but you see it different?
As for Clarkson, and since this is your gig, what are his contract numbers?
Frank is raw. if Lakers have Ball, do you think they want to incubate two PG's at the same time?

BRIGGS
11/14/2017  10:45 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Repeating it does not validate it. Whats fun to read is your negotiation with yourself.
Can you tell us why you like OKA4 other than he was a high pick? WTF is going on with him that he can't crack the rotation? Why does PHill devalue him but you see it different?
Frank is raw. if Lakers have Ball, do you think they want to incubate two PG's at the same time?

YOu call up the Lakers and ask them if hes available. There are many many artciles that said that he was the guy the Lakers wanted to move because of his contract. They committed to Ball starting PG so Clarkson is an expensive reserve(albeit a good 1) What Im willing to pay? KOQ Frank and Willy(or a 2 either or) Do I know they want that? No--but from what I have seen from the Knicks--Clarkson would be perfect here--so IOd be willing to aggressively go for it.

I think somewhere in there Steve Mills has to believe in the numbers and use the eye test. And J Clarkson meets both criteria. Do the Lakers want the two young guys with 7mm in cap space?

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/14/2017  10:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Lakers want to get rid of Jordan Clarkson's salary. But hes blossoming into a really good player.

Id offer them Kyle Oquinn Frank and Jarret Jack for Clarkson. They get a lottery pick PG they can use going 4ward and ending contracts and we gte what I think is a burgeoning young stud PG.

I think our team is 2 years ahead of Frank and Jack is basically a player on his last legs. Why not go to the next l;evel of rebuilding faster? We only pray Frank is anywhere near Clarkson.

Why don't we set up a three way trade and bring in your guy Allen Crabbe while we're at it.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/14/2017  11:13 AM

Yeah, Clarkson could fill a hole on our team with bench scoring, but that trade would weaken us on D at two positions and hurt our playmaking. No thanks.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/14/2017  11:16 AM
If Frank were to be dealt, Id rather see the Knicks try to trade for Fulz. Dont believe Clarkson is worth it. Offer Frank, Willy, and a pick. Doubt they would take it, but thats what I would offer.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/14/2017  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  11:25 AM
A more subtle/much less expensive/much less risky move to boost backcourt firepower: sign Cat Barber. Currently playing in Europe (Italy). I'd look into seeing if he has an out in his contract to go to the NBA. I think most of these domestic players that go play abroad have that built in. I think it might be standard.

Yeah the kid's a scorer but he also has all the requisite skills to play NBA point -- good enough handle, decent/willing passer, good speed, acceptable defensive (better than anything Jarrett Jack is giving us). I'd welcome the offensive boost this kid could provide. VERY GOOD offensive player here. Trey Burke's intriguing as a 'change of pace' offensive guard option for us -- I actually prefer Barber in this role. Younger, even better upside/potential. Barber actually reminds me of Clarkson a little, just a couple of inches smaller.

BRIGGS
11/14/2017  11:20 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank were to be dealt, Id rather see the Knicks try to trade for Fulz. Dont believe Clarkson is worth it. Offer Frank, Willy, and a pick. Doubt they would take it, but thats what I would offer.

Does anyone watch basketball beyond the Knicks? Has anyone actually watched the Lakers? Clarkdon has been their best player-- with extended minutes we'd be talking all star pg. He's a no brainer

RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2017  11:21 AM
My goodness. I wouldn't trade Frank for Clarkson straight up and you want to add other players for him?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/14/2017  11:25 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Frank were to be dealt, Id rather see the Knicks try to trade for Fulz. Dont believe Clarkson is worth it. Offer Frank, Willy, and a pick. Doubt they would take it, but thats what I would offer.

Does anyone watch basketball beyond the Knicks? Has anyone actually watched the Lakers? Clarkdon has been their best player-- with extended minutes we'd be talking all star pg. He's a no brainer

Yes, we just dont post every damned thing that comes off the top of our head....Briggs. Clarkson is not worth Frank and those players, no way. They should have kept Russell. I get the feeling that Fultz will be better than all of them.

reub
Member: #6227

11/14/2017  11:28 AM
Briggs, you really need a vacation.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/14/2017  11:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Solid player, no question. The cost in terms of what we'd have to give up ALONG WITH the salary we'd be adding is a concern though.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/14/2017  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  11:32 AM
we should add Bryn Forbes, Valentine, Crabbe, Josh Jackson and Kaminsky: We'd be a super-duper team for a decade plus!
(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/14/2017  11:41 AM
Clarkson isn't a PG, or the defender that Frank is as a 19 yr old rookie let alone what he will be at age 25. Clarkson's skills are best translated as a SG.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2017  11:46 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Clarkson isn't a PG, or the defender that Frank is as a 19 yr old rookie let alone what he will be at age 25. Clarkson's skills are best translated as a SG.

I agree. Not to mention that the Knicks will have opportunities in THE DRAFT to add a similar player to Clarkson if they wished. Frank and KP are 19 and 22!!! WTH do we need to make any panic type moves at this time?

Nalod
USA
11/14/2017  11:48 AM
My college team is NC State. I have seen a lot of DSJ and Cat Barber.
Nalod even saw Cat play in the Dleague live.
Cat is not an NBA player. He is not as good as Brandon Jennings.
Until you put him in an NBA game then its all good abstract stuff to throw out. He can't make a team in the NBA.
And........
Nalod likes Cat Barber. Rooted hard for him to make it.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/14/2017  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  12:09 PM
Briggs - I respect your opinion and tried to educate myself on this player.

He's a shooting guard, he has a good eye for stealing balls from passing lanes but he's not really a passer. He shoots at high efficiency, this is true... but we just paid THJr so I don't think Clarkson is a good fit. I also think Frank can be a better on-ball defender (if he isn't already) and that to me is more valuable for us.

Rose is not the answer.
Nalod
USA
11/14/2017  12:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

YOu call up the Lakers and ask them if hes available. There are many many artciles that said that he was the guy the Lakers wanted to move because of his contract. They committed to Ball starting PG so Clarkson is an expensive reserve(albeit a good 1) What Im willing to pay? KOQ Frank and Willy(or a 2 either or) Do I know they want that? No--but from what I have seen from the Knicks--Clarkson would be perfect here--so IOd be willing to aggressively go for it.

I think somewhere in there Steve Mills has to believe in the numbers and use the eye test. And J Clarkson meets both criteria. Do the Lakers want the two young guys with 7mm in cap space?

Its your idea, YOU call them!! LOL!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/14/2017  12:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think the Lakers want to get rid of Jordan Clarkson's salary. But hes blossoming into a really good player.

Id offer them Kyle Oquinn Frank and Jarret Jack for Clarkson. They get a lottery pick PG they can use going 4ward and ending contracts and we gte what I think is a burgeoning young stud PG.

I think our team is 2 years ahead of Frank and Jack is basically a player on his last legs. Why not go to the next l;evel of rebuilding faster? We only pray Frank is anywhere near Clarkson.

Jesus Briggs yo7 May have topped yourself with this bull**** proposal.

Absolutely BRUTAL!

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/14/2017  12:24 PM
Briggs post is ban worthy —- LOL...OMG
Will not be liked BUT would be smart

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy