[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

They have no idea how to use Kanter properly. And quickly on Frank...
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/16/2017  7:06 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Can someone tell me why this guy sat for an eternity down the stretch? Why? WHY????

He has no clue where to be on defense.

More troubling, he seems to not even understand WHY he should be there in the first place.

Some people here are clamoring for Trey Burke to get into the rotation and get minutes. Burke and Kanter have proven how they operate together defensively (it's like watching a horror movie in slow motion)

He's an inefficient, overpaid, low IQ player putting out a ton of energy to try to secure his next long term contract. He's also getting some stats because the roster is actually depleted of actual offensive options.

He's Carl Pavano. On paper, he looks useful. When it doesn't count, he might produce. Might. When it does count, he will fold. He's a long term roster liability.

He's a more established version of where Hernangomez is right now. The thing is Willy still has the potential to develop and get better and is on a bargain contract.

This team keeping Kanter over Hernangomez is like asking a 35 year old guy with his life together to marry the 40 year old single mother with bad credit and three kids, instead of the 25 year old single mother of 1 kid with a lousy job. The 25 year old might have a chance to turn some thing around. The one past their "growth window" is asking to eat a sunk cost when it's really sunk.

Kanter has only played a handful of games guys. Seriously. Some of you dudes want to max him out after a handful of games.

Exactly. We beat up opponents when KOQ or KP is at center and lose ground with Kanter. We likely lose that game if Kanter plays the 4th quarter.

I agree he is liability on defense. But did you guys watch games where we take 15-20 pt leads in first half with him dominating the glass? Kanter's value is in rebounding and second chance points. And I don't think anyone has said max him out.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/16/2017  8:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2017  8:25 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Can someone tell me why this guy sat for an eternity down the stretch? Why? WHY????

More troubling, he seems to not even understand WHY he should be there in the first place.

Some people here are clamoring for Trey Burke to get into the rotation and get minutes. Burke and Kanter have proven how they operate together defensively (it's like watching a horror movie in slow motion)

He's an inefficient, overpaid, low IQ player putting out a ton of energy to try to secure his next long term contract. He's also getting some stats because the roster is actually depleted of actual offensive options.

He's Carl Pavano. On paper, he looks useful. When it doesn't count, he might produce. Might. When it does count, he will fold. He's a long term roster liability.

He's a more established version of where Hernangomez is right now. The thing is Willy still has the potential to develop and get better and is on a bargain contract.

This team keeping Kanter over Hernangomez is like asking a 35 year old guy with his life together to marry the 40 year old single mother with bad credit and three kids, instead of the 25 year old single mother of 1 kid with a lousy job. The 25 year old might have a chance to turn some thing around. The one past their "growth window" is asking to eat a sunk cost when it's really sunk.

Kanter has only played a handful of games guys. Seriously. Some of you dudes want to max him out after a handful of games.

Exactly. We beat up opponents when KOQ or KP is at center and lose ground with Kanter. We likely lose that game if Kanter plays the 4th quarter.

I agree he is liability on defense. But did you guys watch games where we take 15-20 pt leads in first half with him dominating the glass? Kanter's value is in rebounding and second chance points. And I don't think anyone has said max him out.

He has the worst on/off differential on the team (-12.4 per game). It's been rare that we build a lead with him on the court. Surprisingly, even our offense is a few points worse with him.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2017  9:34 AM
Kanter is a nice role player. Knicks have to be careful. It will be interesting to see what he does. He's a garbage pail. He gobbles up boards and punishes smaller players down low. He's got a lot of limitations and isnt effective in several situations. Other times he's a beast.

So far the scouting report is spot on. Very eff% player who gobbles up boards and putbacks. Suspect defender, but great motor.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/16/2017  9:41 AM
fishmike wrote:Kanter is a nice role player. Knicks have to be careful. It will be interesting to see what he does. He's a garbage pail. He gobbles up boards and punishes smaller players down low. He's got a lot of limitations and isnt effective in several situations. Other times he's a beast.

So far the scouting report is spot on. Very eff% player who gobbles up boards and putbacks. Suspect defender, but great motor.

He is not 4th quarter player and 4th when the W/L is happening in NBA.
He can start if team has no starting caliber center and even help to build the leads. Can come from the bench behind real 2-way or solid defensive center.
Player who is what he is all the time is good thing to have for the price which can be easily set.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/16/2017  10:37 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

He has the worst on/off differential on the team (-12.4 per game). It's been rare that we build a lead with him on the court. Surprisingly, even our offense is a few points worse with him.

Is whatever you are looking at broken down by quarter or is it computed for the full game?
I think his real value is in the earlier part of the game(from this limited sample size), I find it hard to believe he is not a big part of us building some of those leads. Why he disappears later on is what bothers me more.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
They have no idea how to use Kanter properly. And quickly on Frank...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy