[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

They have no idea how to use Kanter properly. And quickly on Frank...
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/13/2017  10:34 PM
Can someone tell me why this guy sat for an eternity down the stretch? Why? WHY???? Only had 3 fouls.. Ok, the Cavs went small with no Love--why the F didn't we go BIG? And on D, you mean to tell me Kanter couldn't have checked Frye?? Come on...

Crazy.. Jeff has no idea how to use this guy. He was our best player tonight--20 & 9, dude could've had 35/15 if utilized properly. How in the world do we not establish this guy as a focal point of the offense early and often? At the start, during the middle and at the end--Kanter has to be established. I can't believe Jeff doesn't see it that way. Played very well tonight AND he stuck up for Frank there too -- you mean to tell me that alone didn't earn him mins. down the stretch?? WOW.. I mean, I can't believe what I just saw.

And I hate to say it--Frank played well with the 6 steals or whatever and I loved how he stuck up for himself (WTF LeBron you *******--dude just stood there instead of heading back up court. He's a dick)--but if we had Dennis Smith Jr. tonight down the stretch, we win this game. At one point Frank was wide open for a jumper when KP got knocked to the ground...Remember that play? SHOOT THE BALL MAN!!! Could've had an 'and 1' there maybe. Let it go!!! I feel terrible getting on him, he's trying and has had some nice moments, but this kid's not ready man. Smith Jr's already on the verge of startdom--you can see it. Tell me how I'm wrong comparing the two players side by side based on ability and what they can do on the court.

AUTOADVERT
Finestrg

11/13/2017  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2017  10:37 PM
I mean maybe I missed something, I did step out for a few mins. but no Enes down the stretch at all from what I saw. That was the game right there as far as I'm concerned. We could've used his high % scoring AND his rebounding down the stretch..CLEARLY.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/13/2017  10:46 PM
Finestrg wrote:Can someone tell me why this guy sat for an eternity down the stretch? Why? WHY???? Only had 3 fouls.. Ok, the Cavs went small with no Love--why the F didn't we go BIG? And on D, you mean to tell me Kanter couldn't have checked Frye?? Come on...

Crazy.. Jeff has no idea how to use this guy. He was our best player tonight--20 & 9, dude could've had 35/15 if utilized properly. How in the world do we not establish this guy as a focal point of the offense early and often? At the start, during the middle and at the end--Kanter has to be established. I can't believe Jeff doesn't see it that way. Played very well tonight AND he stuck up for Frank there too -- you mean to tell me that alone didn't earn him mins. down the stretch?? WOW.. I mean, I can't believe what I just saw.

And I hate to say it--Frank played well with the 6 steals or whatever and I loved how he stuck up for himself (WTF LeBron you *******--dude just stood there instead of heading back up court. He's a dick)--but if we had Dennis Smith Jr. tonight down the stretch, we win this game. At one point Frank was wide open for a jumper when KP got knocked to the ground...Remember that play? SHOOT THE BALL MAN!!! Could've had an 'and 1' there maybe. Let it go!!! I feel terrible getting on him, he's trying and has had some nice moments, but this kid's not ready man. Smith Jr's already on the verge of startdom--you can see it. Tell me how I'm wrong comparing the two players side by side based on ability and what they can do on the court.

Agree 100% about Frank. Not ready for primetime, maybe 2 years. Lack of experience not shooting the ball in that situation. Says the right things but plays like a deer in the headlights look. Scared to make a mistake. No impact on the offensive end. Hopefully will be a solid player. Smith does look like a star in the making.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/13/2017  10:59 PM
Two different players smith and Frank. Smith is also wild and I can't see having both smith and thj in the same backcourt. Yes Frank is not ready to play the nba 1 guard with a consistent offensive game-- in fact not close. He's a dleague offensive player. He is a long term project who can get by with some decent d. It will be a work in progress
RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

11/13/2017  11:09 PM
Kanter should have been in there. He's one of our only strong rebounders and rebounding is important!
Finestrg

11/13/2017  11:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2017  11:22 PM
reub wrote:Kanter should have been in there. He's one of our only strong rebounders and rebounding is important!

Absolutely! And not just the rebounding we could've used down the stretch (how many 2nd chances did the Cavs get in that 4th period??), it's the high % scoring down on the block he could've given us when we couldn't even buy a basket. Utterly insane.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/14/2017  12:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Two different players smith and Frank. Smith is also wild and I can't see having both smith and thj in the same backcourt. Yes Frank is not ready to play the nba 1 guard with a consistent offensive game-- in fact not close. He's a dleague offensive player. He is a long term project who can get by with some decent d. It will be a work in progress

Frank is a project as expected, but he is ahead of schedule simply because he is much more than a decent defender, and having a player like Hardaway next to him who can shoot and create plays gives the right balance so you can play Frank and hide him a little offensively. The lineup of Kanter, Porzingis, Lee, Hardaway, and Frank is going to be very good, and hopefully they can eventually find the perfect complimentary SF as well. We are young and will lose games like this, but they will learn to close out games against good teams and will continue to develop.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/14/2017  12:08 AM
The biggest advantage the Knicks had tonight was having both KP and Kanter out on the floor together. Cavs have NO center and were getting destroyed by having them both on the floor together. I also questioned why Jack wasn't closing out the game.

I believe a combination of those two things, and the fact that LeBron finally decided to guard KP in the final minutes (and shut him down), were the reasons why Knicks lost tonight.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2017  12:29 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:The biggest advantage the Knicks had tonight was having both KP and Kanter out on the floor together. Cavs have NO center and were getting destroyed by having them both on the floor together. I also questioned why Jack wasn't closing out the game.

It was the 3 point shooting by the Cavs. Jack was on Korver for a bit and left him open too much. And CLE was going with LeBron and either 4 guards or 3 and Frye. Knicks couldn’t keep up. So Jack and Kanter out.

Knicks didn’t run offense and move ball enough.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/14/2017  12:37 AM
martin wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:The biggest advantage the Knicks had tonight was having both KP and Kanter out on the floor together. Cavs have NO center and were getting destroyed by having them both on the floor together. I also questioned why Jack wasn't closing out the game.

It was the 3 point shooting by the Cavs. Jack was on Korver for a bit and left him open too much. And CLE was going with LeBron and either 4 guards or 3 and Frye. Knicks couldn’t keep up. So Jack and Kanter out.

I wish we didn't adjust to other teams and forced them to adjust to us. If they go small we should pound it inside and make them pay. Crush them on the boards.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2017  12:48 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

I wish we didn't adjust to other teams and forced them to adjust to us. If they go small we should pound it inside and make them pay. Crush them on the boards.

Yeah that’s the ideal, just not there yet. Soon.

KOQ sucked and KP was off and game was in hand.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2017  2:00 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah that’s the ideal, just not there yet. Soon.

KOQ sucked and KP was off and game was in hand.

YUP! Thing is there’s a MASSIVE difference in how the team performs with Frank in there. Despite his lack of experience and development. Frank is gradually developing and when he’s on the floor the Knicks are more efficient on BOTH ends. Jeff should’ve played Frank more tonight. Jack is slowly showing some attrition. His D was not good. In the 4th quarter.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/14/2017  5:31 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

The front line is where the Knicks have a serious advantage, until we get a 2 way small forward that can play some 4 and move KP to the 5 we should go big every time. Our backcourt is very average putting them on the court instead of Kanter is insane

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2017  7:14 AM
A big lead is not a won game!
Korver might have some HOF cred with his sniper stats, Wade is still dangerous and Lebron is on Mount Rushmore!
Lebron on KP defense was impressive.
Developing yoot means you not have to learn to get a lead, and they freakin were awesome, but how to keep it.
Frank was given looks and he will learn to accept it and push thru. When so, it opens opportunities.
The kid on defense was awesome!!! KP is being tested now. I thought he handled some things well, and some not.
Missed free throws, not so.

I’m amazed at times that we can think subbing out a player who is tired would continue to do well.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2017  8:38 AM
Kanter's scoring and rebounding look great but he has the worst +/- out of any of our regular players (-10.6 per 100 possessions). It is a bit puzzling and hopefully it reverses after more games. But pay close attention to the score when he leaves and comes back in. In these 13 games, it's been about 90% of the time the score gets better when he leaves and worse when he returns.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/14/2017  8:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Two different players smith and Frank. Smith is also wild and I can't see having both smith and thj in the same backcourt. Yes Frank is not ready to play the nba 1 guard with a consistent offensive game-- in fact not close. He's a dleague offensive player. He is a long term project who can get by with some decent d. It will be a work in progress

No faster way to ascend the learning curve than to play NBA mins consistently. I think he will be a stud by 21. Let's DEVELOP our yoots and not sideline them for short term feel good wins that amount to little.

Finestrg

11/14/2017  9:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  9:12 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Kanter's scoring and rebounding look great but he has the worst +/- out of any of our regular players (-10.6 per 100 possessions). It is a bit puzzling and hopefully it reverses after more games. But pay close attention to the score when he leaves and comes back in. In these 13 games, it's been about 90% of the time the score gets better when he leaves and worse when he returns.

Coming from you, I trust that that's true. You're a guru with that stuff. I'm really only a basic/primary stats guy when it comes to my two loves, basketball and baseball. The rest is really all feel for me and the feeling I got during the 4th qt. collapse last night: what's missing here? Yeah they were bombing away on us from all angles but the two things that stood out on our end -- we gave those fools way too many 2nd chance opportunities AND we had no sustainable offense down the stretch (along with some shaky play at the point too -- and Frank was better than Jack. I thought Jack was terrible. Right from jump, Shumpert's intense D took him right out of the game). To me, Kanter would've rectified both of those issues. Even with them going small, he could've checked Frye with no problem. Probably would've been a good idea to put more height on Frye trying to cover his 3-ball anyway. Then Enes could've drifted back down to the basket and helped out on the glass. I like Jeff and hate to get on him, think he's done a good job and I'm glad he has autonomy now w/o Phil breathing down his neck, but no Kanter at the end was a complete gaff last night fellas.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2017  9:11 AM
Finestrg wrote:Can someone tell me why this guy sat for an eternity down the stretch? Why? WHY???? Only had 3 fouls.. Ok, the Cavs went small with no Love--why the F didn't we go BIG? And on D, you mean to tell me Kanter couldn't have checked Frye?? Come on...

OK.... your wrong. Frank is behind offensively but light years ahead defensively. Frank impacst the team positively and it shows in the numbers. Frank plays winning ball. DS is a great scorer. Shooting 40% on the worst team in the league. Frank is about not making mistakes and winning. DSjr is about making highlight plays. He's an AAU baby. Compare them all you want. Enjoy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Finestrg

11/14/2017  9:19 AM
fishmike wrote:

OK.... your wrong. Frank is behind offensively but light years ahead defensively. Frank impacst the team positively and it shows in the numbers. Frank plays winning ball. DS is a great scorer. Shooting 40% on the worst team in the league. Frank is about not making mistakes and winning. DSjr is about making highlight plays. He's an AAU baby. Compare them all you want. Enjoy.

I will continue to compare them, thanks. So will announcers, newspaper writers, various podcasts, LeBron James...We even have a 10-page thread on UK about it. It's worth discussing man. I'm not trying to get on Frank, just trying to be objective about this. To me, there's no comparison at all as far as who the better talent is. On one hand, I see a guy that will hopefully grow and be a very good 2-way role player for us eventually; the other guy's a budding star already, a more athletic Damian Lillard. No comparison at all, sorry.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/14/2017  9:27 AM
martin wrote:

Yes it was the 3 point shooting that put the Cavs ahead in the 4th but the Cavs were playing small ball in the third qtr as well and the Knicks were having their way with them with Kanter in there.

They have no idea how to use Kanter properly. And quickly on Frank...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy