[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Ron Baker Excuse
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/17/2017  12:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ankle injuries are no joke. Its hard to cut, to show a quick first step, to jump, backpeddle. If Baker wasnt shooting enough before a shoulder injury, not realistic to expect it then.

I said the same thing about Lance Thomas for several seasons. Read the same posts about Lance Thomas. Render your verdict after Baker is close to 100 percent. and has some PT under his belt.

Ive had serious injuries to both ankle and shoulder. Mobility is severely restricted. Surprised the OP acknowledges the injuries, but piles on anyway.

Leave Baker Alone!!

Trust me, he's out of the rotation indefinitely, just like Noah. There's really no need for him right now

If it happens, so be it. Not really about Baker, but where he fits. His rookie year, he was about the only PG who remotely had their **** together. Not great numbers, but he was doing things last season, everyone is doing now. Sharing the rock, trying to set up other teammates. It was mostly "me,me,me" last season. The contract was excessive, but Im definitely glad they paid Baker, instead of a big deal for Rose.

That deal would be an Irwin Allen movie, right there

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

11/17/2017  1:36 PM
martin wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I DONT why you guys feel like everybody on the team should be playing at one time. The avg NBA rotation is 8 to 10 players, unless it's garbage minutes.

It's like you guys want a 12 man rotation, which is never a good thing. We saw that first hand when fisher tried it, then rambis. This is the first time in a very long time, that we have a solid rotation, and I love what JH is doing.

I could understand if some guys were stinking up the joint and we were losing, but we are 7-2, and the current rotation seems to be working

First off .. Baker performance last season belong in the D.League, there were nothing admiral bout Bakers performance last season other than he passed the ball more than D.Rose.

Jeff Hornacek is the wrong coach to have for developing our young core players n veteran players ..
Our Knicks are winning games because Frank Nitty relentless defensive skills are contagious to his teammates in the 4th quarter of the past 11 games. We had a 54 win season in 2012-13 when HOF Jason Kidd played every minute of the 4th quarter throughout the season.
The Knicks are supposed to be running a 10 Man rotation every game to develop a 2 unit lineup that co-exist, especially in all these Home-games.
Willy n Dotson should have receive playing-time in the 2nd quarter of all our 14 games.
Our goal should be to develop 9 to 12 Keeper players this season, plus having a decent season that increase the trade value of all our young core players.

This thought line doesn't make sense on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

You could try to make sense of the 0-3 start ....

reub
Member: #6227

11/17/2017  4:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ankle injuries are no joke. Its hard to cut, to show a quick first step, to jump, backpeddle. If Baker wasnt shooting enough before a shoulder injury, not realistic to expect it then.

I said the same thing about Lance Thomas for several seasons. Read the same posts about Lance Thomas. Render your verdict after Baker is close to 100 percent. and has some PT under his belt.

Ive had serious injuries to both ankle and shoulder. Mobility is severely restricted. Surprised the OP acknowledges the injuries, but piles on anyway.

Leave Baker Alone!!

Trust me, he's out of the rotation indefinitely, just like Noah. There's really no need for him right now

Trust you? Why, do you have inside information?
There's no need for him right now? Did see Jack play in the last few games? Or don't you see Jack?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2017  1:43 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Leave Baker Alone!!

There you go again, making up stuff!!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/18/2017  9:27 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Leave Baker Alone!!

He has not played in 12 straight games and has been inactive for most of them. He did have an ankle issue but it didn't keep him from playing two games in Westchester. Not sure what evidence is needed to indicate he is out of the rotation.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/18/2017  10:21 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Leave Baker Alone!!

He has not played in 12 straight games and has been inactive for most of them. He did have an ankle issue but it didn't keep him from playing two games in Westchester. Not sure what evidence is needed to indicate he is out of the rotation.

I'm not sure why that even needed an explanation.

He said I'm making up stuff as if he really is part of the rotation, and that's what you call denial..

He is out of the rotation because he looked down right terrible when he had his opportunity. Who's minutes are you going to cut, jack, frank, THJ, LEE. He can't shoot, so the Sg position is out of the question, he's not a NBA floor leader by any stretch of the imagination.

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/18/2017  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2017  11:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Leave Baker Alone!!

I'm not sure why that even needed an explanation.

He said I'm making up stuff as if he really is part of the rotation, and that's what you call denial..

He is out of the rotation because he looked down right terrible when he had his opportunity. Who's minutes are you going to cut, jack, frank, THJ, LEE. He can't shoot, so the Sg position is out of the question, he's not a NBA floor leader by any stretch of the imagination.

Baker was the closest thing we had to one, as a rookie. He was more of a floor general last season than a former MVP PG, think about that. There wont be any minutes in the rotation for Baker, probably until someone gets hurt.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/18/2017  1:11 PM
I think Ron deserves a chance.
I would not be surprised at all if he was inserted instead of Jack and did just as well.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/18/2017  6:30 PM
I may be alone here but I still believe strongly in Baker.

Personally — at some point I would start Frank and have Ron be back-up PG.

At a minimum we would have very good PG D.

Just think Ron got bad break with the time he missed with ankle 8njury and now must way for his chance.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/18/2017  6:33 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think Ron deserves a chance.
I would not be surprised at all if he was inserted instead of Jack and did just as well.

Yep - if we are going to build a team of tough competitors who will compete every night and leave it on the floor —-Baker should be part of that equation.

He will get his chance and I expect him to play well.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/20/2017  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2017  12:08 PM
Kemet wrote:
martin wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I DONT why you guys feel like everybody on the team should be playing at one time. The avg NBA rotation is 8 to 10 players, unless it's garbage minutes.

It's like you guys want a 12 man rotation, which is never a good thing. We saw that first hand when fisher tried it, then rambis. This is the first time in a very long time, that we have a solid rotation, and I love what JH is doing.

I could understand if some guys were stinking up the joint and we were losing, but we are 7-2, and the current rotation seems to be working

First off .. Baker performance last season belong in the D.League, there were nothing admiral bout Bakers performance last season other than he passed the ball more than D.Rose.

Jeff Hornacek is the wrong coach to have for developing our young core players n veteran players ..
Our Knicks are winning games because Frank Nitty relentless defensive skills are contagious to his teammates in the 4th quarter of the past 11 games. We had a 54 win season in 2012-13 when HOF Jason Kidd played every minute of the 4th quarter throughout the season.
The Knicks are supposed to be running a 10 Man rotation every game to develop a 2 unit lineup that co-exist, especially in all these Home-games.
Willy n Dotson should have receive playing-time in the 2nd quarter of all our 14 games.
Our goal should be to develop 9 to 12 Keeper players this season, plus having a decent season that increase the trade value of all our young core players.

This thought line doesn't make sense on so many levels I don't know where to begin.

Or you could explain the comparison of Frank Nitty and how the 54-win season had something to do with JKidd's fabulous stat line, especially defensively, when we were better with him off the court?
Or you could explain how we develop players and have a decent season at the same time, while enhancing the ability to trade away the young core players that we just wasted a decent season developing?
Or how many successful teams in the NBA right now have 10 man rotations and a 2 unit lineup approach to the game?

Maybe we should tank and win a chip so we can carry the trophy into draft night and sell it for first pick in the lottery?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/20/2017  1:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Leave Baker Alone!!

"Like noah, indefinitely " When able bodied they will have a chance to play.
Someone always gets hurt. Baker awful early because he played hurt.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/20/2017  2:02 PM
Kemet wrote:
martin wrote:
Kemet wrote:

I agree with the 10 men rotation and the 2 different line ups, unfortunately both line ups play the exact same way for the most part.

Both Pg's in the rotation are not fast, not offensive minded, hardly shoot 3's, no dribble penetration, and play roughly at the same pace.

None of the bigs (other than kp) can stretch the floor, and play at a high tempo for any length of time.

Here's my thinking,
STARTERS/scoring

Kanter
Kp
Mcd
THJ
Jack

Bench/defense

KOQ
Lance
Beasly
Lee
Frank

Dotson
Noah

Basically swapping lee for Mcd,I think that minor adjustment will go a long way

There's no minutes for baker

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/21/2017  9:42 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I may be alone here but I still believe strongly in Baker.

Just think Ron got bad break with the time he missed with ankle 8njury and now must way for his chance.

Is Ron better than Frank on defense right now? How does that many any sense?

Last time I saw Ron he looked like a poor handler for a shooting guard. I mean it was so bad. He's also shot really poorly. It would be nice to see him come in and play well. I see why they like him but he doesnt seem to be able to stay healthy long enough to play well.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2017  1:16 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/27/2017  1:21 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I may be alone here but I still believe strongly in Baker.

I feel the same way.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/27/2017  3:09 PM
Baker’s just had a really unlucky stretch of injuries. It stunted his progress but he’s still the same tough and physical Combo Guard that we liked. Just need to give him a chance to get healthy and in mid season form. I’m not really worried about a player that gives max Effort on D and plays unselfishly.
The Ron Baker Excuse

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy