[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD:11/13 LeBron Disses Our Rook, Knicks Aren't Shook, Time to Beat Cavs
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/14/2017  7:02 AM
The game was lost with bad defense and butt being able to make clutch shots. Timmy actually made a couple tough shots but his overall game wad bad today. He was looking to shoot more and pass less, he wad going iso mode quite a bit at least in the second half when i paid more attention to the game. KP disappeared in the 4th qtr as well. Yes LeBron was clothing him but that's just a taste of what's to come. You got to earn your stripes against the best of them in adverse situations and not blame the refereeing. Who said it as going to be fair?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2017  7:11 AM
This game was not Timmy’s fault. To be honest, everyone should take some blame. The Knicks and fans let LeToya get in their heads and then when we went up, the players started acting like they won the finals. KP, also while being played very physical, did not step up like how he should have. I think his flopping added extra incentive for the Cavs.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/14/2017  9:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  10:44 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:This game was not Timmy’s fault. To be honest, everyone should take some blame. The Knicks and fans let LeToya get in their heads and then when we went up, the players started acting like they won the finals. KP, also while being played very physical, did not step up like how he should have. I think his flopping added extra incentive for the Cavs.
Yeah, I don't know how you can blame Hardaway for this one. Maybe it was my imagination, but I didn't see Lance guarding Lebron much in this game, it was mainly Lee. Not sure I understand why. Obviously our inability to defend the three combined with not taking advantage of our size down low did us in.

I will say this though, we lost the battle but in the glass half full mentality, some good things came out of this. Kanter words and actions before, during and after the game is going to pay dividends in my opinion. Frank was up and down in this game but not backing down to Lebron is encouraging. And KP having a down game and still getting us 20-7 is solid, but he's got to hit the big shots (especially free throws) even if he has a bad game.

Regarding Lebron, great player but I can't stand this dude. This may have been the one time I wish Noah was active because he may have laid Lebron out on a drive to the hoop after his antics.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/14/2017  9:58 AM
Welpee wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:This game was not Timmy’s fault. To be honest, everyone should take some blame. The Knicks and fans let LeToya get in their heads and then when we went up, the players started acting like they won the finals. KP, also while being played very physical, did not step up like how he should have. I think his flopping added extra incentive for the Cavs.
Yeah, I don't know how you can blame Hardaway for this one. Maybe it was my imagination, but I didn't see Lance guarding Lebron much in this game, it was mainly Lee. Not sure I understand why. Obviously our inability to defend the three combined with not taking advantage of our size down low did us in.

I will say this though, we lost the battle but in the glass half full mentality, some good things came out of this. Kanter words and actions before, during and after the game is going to pay dividends in my opinion. Frank was up and down in this game but not backing down to Lebron is encouraging. And KP having a down game and still getting us 20-7 is solid, but he's got to hit the big shots (especially free throws) even if he has a bad game.

Regarding Lebron, great player but I can't stand this dude. This may have been the one time I wish Noah was active because he may have laid Lebron out on a drive to the hoop have his antics.

We could have benefited from Noah defense and rebounding in 4th

Really just a few adjustments would have been all the difference

Hindsight always 20-20 though

We gave them a lot of extra opportunities in the 4th and they hit their 3s

(5)(5)
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2017  10:15 AM
Korver being open that many times was inexplicable.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2017  10:33 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Korver being open that many times was inexplicable.

Yup. I would have switched Frank to guard Korver and THJr on Wade.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2017  10:36 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Korver being open that many times was inexplicable.
A few times he was def open. He hit at least 4 3's that were tightly contested. He went off. Tough loss for the Knicks but one to grow on. Clyde nailed it at the end. When Breen said "what can the Knicks take from a loss like this?" Clyde said "they can play with anyone."

It was a great game. That tape will be good to look at for these guys. Tough loss but losing these games is part of the process.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
11/14/2017  11:34 AM
Jarret Jack waving at Korver 3's. Dude has a quick release but it's not like he's an impossible cover.

Perimeter defense just suhucked when it counted.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/14/2017  11:37 AM
Lebron apparently called himself the "King of of New York" on Instagram today. Hope the Knicks "bury that quote with him" the next time we play. Heh, heh.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2017  11:52 AM
For some reason some Knicks fans seem to forget that KP is only 22! Frank is only 19! This team is still in a learning and growing phase. In addition Jeff is also still learning as a head coach. This loss will be a learning experience for all of them.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/14/2017  3:25 PM
I can't listen to Lebron and his BS any longer. He is a chump. He is a whiner, cry baby who has a big mouth. Too bad NY could not close it last night. (how that spin move and 1 was not a carry, I have no idea!!)

He started this whole thing by opening his big mouth. Then tried to say its about PJax. Pjax is gone. He did not need to slight the current Knicks to get at PJax. Then dissing on Kanter?

J-E-R-K. Then blaming NY's handling of Melo?? EFFF U!!! How about Melo not doing his part over 6 years to bring even an ounce of respectability to NY, not one ounce.

The Knicks of today have more heart, more savvy and more basketball IQ than any team in the last 3 years. The difference is that Melo is gone. For LBJ to even go there is a joke.

He is class-less.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/14/2017  3:35 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I can't listen to Lebron and his BS any longer. He is a chump. He is a whiner, cry baby who has a big mouth. Too bad NY could not close it last night. (how that spin move and 1 was not a carry, I have no idea!!)

He started this whole thing by opening his big mouth. Then tried to say its about PJax. Pjax is gone. He did not need to slight the current Knicks to get at PJax. Then dissing on Kanter?

J-E-R-K. Then blaming NY's handling of Melo?? EFFF U!!! How about Melo not doing his part over 6 years to bring even an ounce of respectability to NY, not one ounce.

The Knicks of today have more heart, more savvy and more basketball IQ than any team in the last 3 years. The difference is that Melo is gone. For LBJ to even go there is a joke.

He is class-less.

Carry and a travel...

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/14/2017  3:57 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I can't listen to Lebron and his BS any longer. He is a chump. He is a whiner, cry baby who has a big mouth. Too bad NY could not close it last night. (how that spin move and 1 was not a carry, I have no idea!!)

He is class-less.

For real, that carry/double dribble/travel was straight up comical. Unreal! And they keep showing it as a highlight LOL!

I’ve long since said Lebron is a bitch. Running up and down the floor crying like a little girl (no offense women) is not what a GOAT does. Hopping super team to super team isn’t either. He’s kinda pussified the modern NBA players in general as the best player in the league.

Bottom line is last night they got extremely lucky. A bunch of wonky miracle threes went in, crazy reffing takeover and bricks so fat and awkward they got the offensive board all led to that miraculous comeback while I best player had his worst night.

RELAX guys, we got this. Excited to see how we bounce back too.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/14/2017  6:42 PM

Wasn't implying the loss is on Timmy. But I do think he didn't play well this game though his stat line will say otherwise. The part of the game I would directly blame him for is stagnating the offense in Q4. But I am still OK with him as long as he plays defense. He is obviously not a reliable scorer in the sense he will have off games and games he will be shooting at a good percentage. My worry is that it may not be enough to cover for KP having an off game. He is clearly our second option for scoring on this team ahead of Kanter - I would prefer to see a higher floor for his scoring and efficiency instead of the up and down gyrations.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GAME THREAD:11/13 LeBron Disses Our Rook, Knicks Aren't Shook, Time to Beat Cavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy