11/12/2017  2:58 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2017  2:59 PM
aw man, I liked him. Wish him luck finding new team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/12/2017  3:01 PM
martin wrote:aw man, I liked him. Wish him luck finding new team.
I know. I am wondering if this was to give him a chance with another team. Sessions seemed like the obvious choice.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/12/2017  3:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I know. I am wondering if this was to give him a chance with another team. Sessions seemed like the obvious choice.
i think the main reason they kept sessions was for frank. I liked kuz he will definetly be a decent pickups off the bench for somebody
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/12/2017  3:04 PM
Not happy about his, but perhaps this was a mutual thing to give him a chance to play elsewhere. Good luck to him. Seems like a really good dude. I hope Sessions is worth letting Kuz walk.
martin
USA
11/12/2017  3:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Why would Sessions be an obvious choice?

Jack is 33 coming off of some serious injuries, I don't think anyone thinks he will play 82 games. That would leave you with Frank and Baker to run things, not good options for any length of season.

Sessions didn't look good in the first 3 game but none of the Knicks really did, he can bounce back.

Also, having 2 vets who know the league and can teach Baker and Frank is invaluable for the PG spot.

My 2 cents.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/12/2017  3:07 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Jack is 33 coming off of some serious injuries, I don't think anyone thinks he will play 82 games. That would leave you with Frank and Baker to run things, not good options for any length of season.

Sessions didn't look good in the first 3 game but none of the Knicks really did, he can bounce back.

Also, having 2 vets who know the league and can teach Baker and Frank is invaluable for the PG spot.

My 2 cents.

agreed. Sessions is good insurance at least and a good mentor
Welpee

11/12/2017  3:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

My 2 cents.

Sessions seemed a lot more engaged mentoring Frank when he was playing versus what I see on the bench now. I know that may be deceiving but on the outside looking in it seems that way.
martin
USA
11/12/2017  3:19 PM
My additional 2 cents:

McDermott is the same player Kuz is - outside shooting and cutting off the ball - but better at both. And Doug has been putting in decent effort on D, Kuz was always lost and has bad footwork.

I thought Beas was a good candidate to get cut, he's just very low IQ guy out there, but my guess is that he plays the same position and style as KP does on offense, so off the bench the Knicks can run the same sets and Beas has got that role and instincts.

martin
USA
11/12/2017  3:20 PM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

My 2 cents.

Sessions seemed a lot more engaged mentoring Frank when he was playing versus what I see on the bench now. I know that may be deceiving but on the outside looking in it seems that way.

Could be, but lockerroom, practice and before/after games is where it really counts.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/12/2017  3:22 PM
That sucks but I think perry did him a solid. A chance for him to sign with a team of his choice
Welpee

11/12/2017  3:29 PM
NYKBocker wrote:That sucks but I think perry did him a solid. A chance for him to sign with a team of his choice
Agreed.
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2017  3:31 PM
NYKBocker wrote:That sucks but I think perry did him a solid. A chance for him to sign with a team of his choice
Also, I don't think Perry is going to cut guys he just signed. I am sure he is trying to build a rapport with agents/players.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/12/2017  3:32 PM
Did you see his interaction with KP in the game yesterday
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2017  3:34 PM
Cartman718 wrote:Did you see his interaction with KP in the game yesterday
That was interesting. It seemed like maybe he knew it was coming.
Ira
Member: #91
11/12/2017  3:35 PM
It was the obvious choice - his contract wasn't that bad and he wasn't very useful to the team.
Welpee

11/12/2017  3:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Also, I don't think Perry is going to cut guys he just signed. I am sure he is trying to build a rapport with agents/players.
Take Sessions for example. His contract is guaranteed so he get his money regardless. You think keeping him on the roster and not playing him establishes better rapport than cutting him, still paying him, and providing an opportunity to sign elsewhere and possibly play?
CrushAlot
USA
11/12/2017  3:40 PM
Welpee wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Take Sessions for example. His contract is guaranteed so he get his money regardless. You think keeping him on the roster and not playing him establishes better rapport than cutting him, still paying him, and providing an opportunity to sign elsewhere and possibly play?
I don't think a new gm cuts a guy he just signed unless that player asks to be let go to seek other opportunities.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2017  3:41 PM
Most will focus on Sessions and Beasley with this move, and rightfully so. But what does this say about Baker? You sign him to a relative long contract (for him) and commit to him for what? So Sessions, who as a starter didnt work and has been vanished with Frank playing well, is such a necessity with Baker also on the team?

Kuz had value. Sessions didnt, especially when you can plug Burke from the W-Knicks IF NECESSARY.

Don't like the move. Might not have a huge impact, but don't like it. Both Kuz and Willy worked hard last season and I don't get the sense they got a fair chance to keep developing this season. Of course, I don't know what happens behind the scenes and MY is playing so well, I won't doubt Jeff, but Kuz seemed like a great player to have on your bench.

Oh well

Knicks_Fan
Welpee

11/12/2017  3:46 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Most will focus on Sessions and Beasley with this move, and rightfully so. But what does this say about Baker? You sign him to a relative long contract (for him) and commit to him for what? So Sessions, who as a starter didnt work and has been vanished with Frank playing well, is such a necessity with Baker also on the team?

Kuz had value. Sessions didnt, especially when you can plug Burke from the W-Knicks IF NECESSARY.

Don't like the move. Might not have a huge impact, but don't like it. Both Kuz and Willy worked hard last season and I don't get the sense they got a fair chance to keep developing this season. Of course, I don't know what happens behind the scenes and MY is playing so well, I won't doubt Jeff, but Kuz seemed like a great player to have on your bench.

Oh well

Apparently Perry shopped Kuz and couldn't make a deal. So you have to question his value unless interested teams knew they could get him for free if they wait.
Knicks waived Kuzminskas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy