[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We should be friendly with Lebron when he comes in.
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/12/2017  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2017  1:14 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Excuse my tin foil hat, but I believe LeBron had an ulterior motive for saying what he did. He's an astute business man, understands how the media works, now. Making a point of saying that Smith jr. should have been chosen over Frank, sounds like he wants to test the rookie Monday. See what he's got.
The best player in the world being worried about getting into the head of a rookie who doesn't even start seems very far fetched.

Thats not what I said. Not even close. LeBron is not worried about anything. I am suggesting that LeBron is keeping his future plans open. Frank is supposed to be the PG of the future for the Knicks, James might want to find out just how far along he is. How Frank responds to a challenge from the best.

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/12/2017  1:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Excuse my tin foil hat, but I believe LeBron had an ulterior motive for saying what he did. He's an astute business man, understands how the media works, now. Making a point of saying that Smith jr. should have been chosen over Frank, sounds like he wants to test the rookie Monday. See what he's got.
The best player in the world being worried about getting into the head of a rookie who doesn't even start seems very far fetched.

Thats not what I said. Not even close. LeBron is not worried about anything. I am suggesting that LeBron is keeping his future plans open. Frank is supposed to be the PG of the future for the Knicks, James might want to find out just how far along he is. How Frank responds to a challenge from the best.

That sounds even more far fetched. This is a major stretch and is 99.9% unlikely.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/12/2017  1:21 PM
Welpee wrote:
this. Lebron is a petty insecure person and it was mostly about trying to bash phil and the Knicks
GustavBahler

11/12/2017  1:26 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

That sounds even more far fetched. This is a major stretch and is 99.9% unlikely.

Please, you went off the deep end last season with your defense of mgmt. Your imagination is far greater than mine.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/12/2017  1:33 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:hell ****ing no, **** lebron. not sure why he's interjecting himself about knicks affairs, but for him to outwardly say that we should have drafted dennis smith jr (a sentiment i disagree with to begin with) is unheard of and uncalled for. **** this guy so hard.
he thinks he is that important that he can comment on what other teams should be doing. So far his "GM skills" have been terrible. This is really about Phil and the fact that Phil owned him and Lebron cant get over it even though phil is gone now

Phil owned Lebron? How so?

So far his "GM skills" have been terrible.

Yeah, I see what you mean...Lebron has been to 7 straight finals and has won a 'chip in Cleveland crying out loud. Wish we had GMs with such a track record.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/12/2017  1:34 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Lebron is looking old, we have seen his game now for 14 years. He needs the players around him to be stars to win, right now he has a no defense star in love and a washed up star in wade, everyone else on that team is below average at best. There season is hanging on a 5’7 scorer that has a bum hip to come back and save the season. Hahahahaha it just goes to show Jordan over lebron all day everyday. Jordan wouldn’t let this Cavs team loose because he always lived in the present. Jordan never played with a talent like love at PF and that’s all Jordan needed was a robin. Pippin and role players is all Jordan ever needed to win, Lebron needs a kyrie,love super team or a wade,bosh super team.

If lebron cant take love and role players to the chip then the what little debate was left has to be over...

Jordan is still the best ever, lebron’s Not even close.

Gotta say i think grant and rodman were more effective players than love.

Also i have lebron at #7 all-time behind jordan, russell, robertson, bird, johnson and chamberlain.

GustavBahler

11/12/2017  1:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
this. Lebron is a petty insecure person and it was mostly about trying to bash phil and the Knicks

LeBron hasn't made it a habit of treating rooks that way. Maybe on the court, not in the media. The only players he usually talks trash about (directly or indirectly) is elite. Frank is a rookie, and not a top pick. Phil doesnt seem like enough motivation to do that. Not in character IMO.

StarksEwing1

11/12/2017  1:44 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

LeBron hasn't made it a habit of treating rooks that way. Maybe on the court, not in the media. The only players he usually talks trash about (directly or indirectly) is elite. Frank is a rookie, and not a top pick. Phil doesnt seem like enough motivation to do that. Not in character IMO.

you make a fair point about Lebron and rookies so I agree with you on that. However he also has a reputation of saying stupid things. It's fine that he wants to praise smith but taking a shot at the Knicks and Frankie was just petty. Especially since Frank has been a important player in our recent resurgence
Welpee

11/12/2017  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2017  1:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Please, you went off the deep end last season with your defense of mgmt. Your imagination is far greater than mine.

Explain that one. I went off the deep end about what? One thing I'm pretty confident about, I never considered anything as ridiculous as the theory you just proposed. Lebron complimented Smith to call out Frank to test him in case he wants to join the Knicks. That's what you're proposing, correct?
GustavBahler

11/12/2017  1:51 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

you make a fair point about Lebron and rookies so I agree with you on that. However he also has a reputation of saying stupid things. It's fine that he wants to praise smith but taking a shot at the Knicks and Frankie was just petty. Especially since Frank has been a important player in our recent resurgence

Disagree that he says a lot of stupid stuff, not many since "the decision" and its wake. It was petty if that was LeBron's only motivation. I believe he also wants to see how Frank responds to the challenge.

LeBron could have easily waited until after Monday to say what he did. But he said it knowing it gives Frank an opportunity to respond. Im pretty sure he wants to see for himself what kind of player Frank is. Not as much as Knicks fans do.

GustavBahler

11/12/2017  1:52 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Explain that one. I went off the deep end about what? One thing I'm pretty confident about, I never considered anything as ridiculous as the theory you just proposed.

Since we're saying **** without going into more detail....

Welpee

11/12/2017  1:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2017  1:58 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

If Frank were lighting up the league Lebron calling him out may make sense. But considering Frank is a rookie coming off the bench in his first month of this career who is averaging only 4 ppg it makes no sense. This is likely what Lebron basically said it was, he has known Smith for a while and his comments were more about propping up Smith more than calling out Frank.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/12/2017  1:57 PM

Why? Maybe LeBron is looking at all his options. Id much rather see KP and the rest of the Knicks be the guys who takes the East crown from him, than LeBron coming to NY. Felt the same way about Jordan.

Funny...something similar crossed my mind.

Lebron had to know how the Sports world will react to this, especially the NY media and its fan base. Maybe it was JUST a shot at Phil Jackson......but why?

He could just be trolling.

Welpee

11/12/2017  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2017  2:01 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:

Why? Maybe LeBron is looking at all his options. Id much rather see KP and the rest of the Knicks be the guys who takes the East crown from him, than LeBron coming to NY. Felt the same way about Jordan.

Lebron had to know how the Sports world will react to this, especially the NY media and its fan base. Maybe it was JUST a shot at Phil Jackson......but why?

Taking another cheap shot at Phil also makes total sense. I can see Lebron being that petty. Makes way more sense than his comments having anything to do with Frank.
Welpee

11/12/2017  2:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Explain that one. I went off the deep end about what? One thing I'm pretty confident about, I never considered anything as ridiculous as the theory you just proposed.

I have no idea what you're talking about, nor will I try to figure it out.
GustavBahler

11/12/2017  2:03 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:

Could be. As I said upthread, LeBron could have waited until after he played on Monday. Seems more calculating.

StarksEwing1

11/12/2017  2:04 PM
Welpee wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Taking another cheap shot at Phil also makes total sense. I can see Lebron being that petty. Makes way more sense than his comments having anything to do with Frank.
I agree it's not about Frank it's more about phil. However IMO he is still under rating frank just because he isn't a scoring machine yet
GustavBahler

11/12/2017  2:05 PM
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

It means saying Im wrong about my previous post without going into detail why is not a rebuttal.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/12/2017  2:07 PM
Marv wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Lebron is looking old, we have seen his game now for 14 years. He needs the players around him to be stars to win, right now he has a no defense star in love and a washed up star in wade, everyone else on that team is below average at best. There season is hanging on a 5’7 scorer that has a bum hip to come back and save the season. Hahahahaha it just goes to show Jordan over lebron all day everyday. Jordan wouldn’t let this Cavs team loose because he always lived in the present. Jordan never played with a talent like love at PF and that’s all Jordan needed was a robin. Pippin and role players is all Jordan ever needed to win, Lebron needs a kyrie,love super team or a wade,bosh super team.

If lebron cant take love and role players to the chip then the what little debate was left has to be over...

Jordan is still the best ever, lebron’s Not even close.

Gotta say i think grant and rodman were more effective players than love.

Also i have lebron at #7 all-time behind jordan, russell, robertson, bird, johnson and chamberlain.

True i always forget about Rodman. what a beast he was not only rebounding but always seemed to get under the opponents top players skin. Is rodman a HOFer? Cause he should be, all my life I’ve never seen a better rebounder.

I’d have to agree with where lebron sits with the all time greats. Mine would be,

Jordan,Jabar,wilt,magic,Russell,shaq,Lebron,Kobe,bird,Jerry west

I hate that most of my top ten players of all time are lakers and Celtics. My hope is KP tops them all!!!!!!!

Welpee

11/12/2017  2:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:

It means saying Im wrong about my previous post without going into detail why is not a rebuttal.

The rebuttal is your statement is that it makes no sense. It's hard to refute something that makes so little sense.

Giving props to a rookie he has had an existing relationship with makes sense. Wanting to take a shot at Phil Jackson who he has feuded with previously makes sense. Wanted to take a shot at an organization he is about to play who he doesn't seem to have much respect for make some sense.

Wanting to test a rookie who is averaging 4+ ppg makes no sense and you can't really articulate a rationale as to why it would make sense.

We should be friendly with Lebron when he comes in.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy