Damyean Dodson Has A Better Shot and Basketball Instincts than THJr
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2017  10:35 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:Last night... 26points on 7-15 shooting. 6 rebs, 6 assists and 1 TO... but Timmy isnt doing much when he's not shooting. Cmon... Timmy has been really good. He's at 18/4/3 after that dreadful start, is playing good D, moves the ball and continues to hit big shots in the 4th qtr.

He is absolutely playing at the level of his contract. The only questionable thing he does is sometimes shoot too quickly. He really wants to hit big shots and has something to prove. It def impairs his shot selection. I would say you can count on 2-3 shots a game that you just want to face palm. The rest of the time? The guy is balling. I took a wait and see on this contract. I understand the criticisms and potential cap implications. The other side is we got a 25 year old player who is helping us win games and playing the exact style we want to play. Push the tempo, play defense, move the ball. Timmy has been great. This is looking like a good signing from Mills

Yeah, he's still taking occasional bad shots but he's playing pretty well. That one play where he tried to do a layup and it hit the out of bounds part of the backboard was funny since we got 3 free points.
oh my god, when I saw that replay it was face palm worthy. I bet his coworkers give him a good ribbing during that film session.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2017  11:03 AM
THjr is physically much improved but on this team he is an alpha and instead of looking at his deficits one can instead look at "He has room to improve".
He has to know when to be the man and when to delegate. Not easy. Melo sucked at it and he was a super talent. Shooters shot. He does, and attacks. I get it.
His contract is not how we should judge him.
I expect him, Frank and KP are far from finished products and will grow. This is why Melo leaving was important. Not because of the 100 Melo things we argue about, but just letting this yoots grow. Hardaway is a bit of a late bloomer as he needed to work more. Physically he has the tools. Experience will teach him the rest.
Damyean Dodson Has A Better Shot and Basketball Instincts than THJr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy