[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damyean Dodson Has A Better Shot and Basketball Instincts than THJr
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/12/2017  10:37 AM
misterearl wrote:Please give him more minutes.

Bring Hardaway off the bench. He is not bringing much if his shot is not falling. Sound familiar?

Start Courtney Lee. He and Ntilikina will be an effective pairing in February.

That is all.

No.. actually it sounds like you havent been watching. Timmy's had games where he's racked up assists and rebounds. He doesnt stand around on offense, Jeff uses him to set tons of screens. When Enes hits KP slashing to the rim for dunks go look at who set the pick, mr. low instinct THjr.

Also worth noting for all his inconsistent shooting he's shooting 50% in the 4th qtr over all and 50% from 3 point. He's been great late in games.

Ive also watched his defense perhaps closer than anyone else on the team and he's been good. Not great but decent. What has been excellent is his effort. Its been 100%.

This is what good teams do and how they sustain winning. They have healthy competition at positions. They have pipeline guys coming off the bench. There is a progression here. Dotson is not even close to THj yet. I remember mister.earl saying the same things about THjr the first time we had him.

THj has been a good rotation player. He does a lot of things besides shoot the ball. If you think he's useless if not scoring you havent watched much the Knicks this year. THjr has been a big part of why the Knicks are playing well. When he has struggled to shoot he's done other things. He was the best player on the floor in Cle. When KP was out Timmy stepped up and grabbed 11 boards to go with 26 points and he shot well.

I am super bullish on Dotson. Great value pick and I see him as a good rotation guys for years to come. He's not there yet and he's not better than THjr. He looked good against a bunch of good college players. Kings have good talent, but most of it isnt any more NBA ready than Dotson.

Sorry earl... fail on this one.

If the contract pisses you off fine. Maybe it hurts down the road, maybe it doesnt. But saying he's not bringing much when his shot isnt falling? Furthest thing from it man

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/12/2017  10:38 AM
Most fans, particularly Knicks fans, have no patience or perspective. Couple good games and a player should be considered for the hall of fame, couple of bad games he should be sent down to the G-league. People really have a hard time looking at the big picture. You can't play everybody and you can't make decisions after a few good minutes.

Having said that, yeah I would like to see Dodson get more minutes but where are the minutes coming from? You only have 240 minutes of playing time to allocate.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2017  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:Dotson should play a little more,, but I don't think he's starter material. THjr is more complete as a player, but he was brought in to pour in points primarily.

Tim Hardaway has shot 45% or better 3 times in 12 games. he has shot 36% or less in 6 of them. He really needs to focus on calming down in game--thinking more.

FG% is not that helpful when a player shoots more 3s than 2s. You know what his 2 point % is right now? .519. He's taking too many bad 3s though. I think what you're writing just applies to his 3s.
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
11/12/2017  11:12 AM
Clean wrote:I am surprised so many people are down on Hardaway. I have no problem with how he is playing right now. He is a scorer that still plays team basketball. He pushes the pace and drives to the hoop. Teams respect his shooting ability so they don't drop off him and clog the paint. These are things we have lacked for many years. While he at times gets a little shot happy he is still a very willing passer. His defense is no longer terrible. He can go on periods where he carries a team and has hit multiple clutch shots. He is not a superstar so he will have his flaws but he works perfectly for this team.

Fully agree. I would add that at times his defense has been nearing elite. He’s also our best fast break player I think.

Welpee

11/12/2017  11:25 AM
The Courtney Lee we're seeing this season was the Courtney Lee we expected last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same with Hardaway.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/12/2017  11:28 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:Dotson should play a little more,, but I don't think he's starter material. THjr is more complete as a player, but he was brought in to pour in points primarily.

Tim Hardaway has shot 45% or better 3 times in 12 games. he has shot 36% or less in 6 of them. He really needs to focus on calming down in game--thinking more.

FG% is not that helpful when a player shoots more 3s than 2s. You know what his 2 point % is right now? .519. He's taking too many bad 3s though. I think what you're writing just applies to his 3s.

His overall shooting % is exactly what I wrote. I'm not breaking it down into 2-3 -- his fg% as whole is under 40%. Taking bad shots is part if what I was talking about. He needs to calm his game down and think things through

RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/12/2017  11:34 AM
Welpee wrote:Most fans, particularly Knicks fans, have no patience or perspective. Couple good games and a player should be considered for the hall of fame, couple of bad games he should be sent down to the G-league. People really have a hard time looking at the big picture. You can't play everybody and you can't make decisions after a few good minutes.

Having said that, yeah I would like to see Dodson get more minutes but where are the minutes coming from? You only have 240 minutes of playing time to allocate.

Beasley, move Lee to the 3 for a few minutes and get this kid in the game, Beasley sucks

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee

11/12/2017  11:37 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:Most fans, particularly Knicks fans, have no patience or perspective. Couple good games and a player should be considered for the hall of fame, couple of bad games he should be sent down to the G-league. People really have a hard time looking at the big picture. You can't play everybody and you can't make decisions after a few good minutes.

Beasley, move Lee to the 3 for a few minutes and get this kid in the game, Beasley sucks

Yeah, Beasley shows flashes every now and then, then he does something completely idiotic. However, it's not like Beasley is getting major or consistent minutes these days. I would think Lance deserves minutes in this scenario before Dodson.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/12/2017  12:24 PM
Absolutely

Welpee wrote:Wow, dude has one good game in garbage time against one of the worst teams in the NBA and he should start? A little reactionary aren't we?

When looking at players, I look for the small things. Where do they move without the ball? Do the play defense. What is their playing personality? Do they have a sense of where they are on the court?

Forget garbage time. It's NBA basketball and if you know what to look for you can spot a diamond in the rough.

Dotson is a diamond.

once a knick always a knick
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2017  1:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

His overall shooting % is exactly what I wrote. I'm not breaking it down into 2-3 -- his fg% as whole is under 40%. Taking bad shots is part if what I was talking about. He needs to calm his game down and think things through

That's fine but you're basically saying you don't want a precise understanding of the problem
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/12/2017  1:27 PM
fishmike wrote:

Bring Hardaway off the bench. He is not bringing much if his shot is not falling. Sound familiar?

That is all.

No.. actually it sounds like you havent been watching. Timmy's had games where he's racked up assists and rebounds. He doesnt stand around on offense, Jeff uses him to set tons of screens. When Enes hits KP slashing to the rim for dunks go look at who set the pick, mr. low instinct THjr.

Also worth noting for all his inconsistent shooting he's shooting 50% in the 4th qtr over all and 50% from 3 point. He's been great late in games.

Ive also watched his defense perhaps closer than anyone else on the team and he's been good. Not great but decent. What has been excellent is his effort. Its been 100%.

This is what good teams do and how they sustain winning. They have healthy competition at positions. They have pipeline guys coming off the bench. There is a progression here. Dotson is not even close to THj yet. I remember mister.earl saying the same things about THjr the first time we had him.

THj has been a good rotation player. He does a lot of things besides shoot the ball. If you think he's useless if not scoring you havent watched much the Knicks this year. THjr has been a big part of why the Knicks are playing well. When he has struggled to shoot he's done other things. He was the best player on the floor in Cle. When KP was out Timmy stepped up and grabbed 11 boards to go with 26 points and he shot well.

I am super bullish on Dotson. Great value pick and I see him as a good rotation guys for years to come. He's not there yet and he's not better than THjr. He looked good against a bunch of good college players. Kings have good talent, but most of it isnt any more NBA ready than Dotson.

If the contract pisses you off fine. Maybe it hurts down the road, maybe it doesnt. But saying he's not bringing much when his shot isnt falling? Furthest thing from it man

Good post
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/12/2017  1:29 PM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That is all.

Good post

I know. fish, you OK?

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/12/2017  2:17 PM
Dotson is no way better THJr.....pretty disappointed in you MisterEarl

I will go as far as to say that Dotson is an end of the bench/D-league player.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/12/2017  2:33 PM
Time Will Tell

Swishfm3 wrote:Dotson is no way better THJr.....pretty disappointed in you MisterEarl

I will go as far as to say that Dotson is an end of the bench/D-league player.

Never doubt The Answer Man

once a knick always a knick
teamsport72
Member: #6172

11/12/2017  4:35 PM
Will see. So far Timmy has been a girl. His antics, the body language does not come across as a winner. I think he will have to go before KP brings us the cup.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/12/2017  4:43 PM

That is all.

71 million reasons why that wont happen.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
USA
11/12/2017  4:49 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

That is all.

yea but none of them is because he's a better NBA player. Not now hes not. There is zero reason to hand him anything. Dotson will get regular minutes when he's ready. Lee and THjr are better than he is right now.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/12/2017  4:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

That is all.

yea but none of them is because he's a better NBA player. Not now hes not. There is zero reason to hand him anything. Dotson will get regular minutes when he's ready. Lee and THjr are better than he is right now.

True. He has not proven anything yet. But even if he was showing better numbers than Timmy, the biz side of the NBA would keep him on the bench. But this is all the Knick fan love of the 15th guy talk.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/12/2017  5:03 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

That is all.

True. He has not proven anything yet. But even if he was showing better numbers than Timmy, the biz side of the NBA would keep him on the bench. But this is all the Knick fan love of the 15th guy talk.

What is the biz side of the NBA? I don't even get that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
11/12/2017  5:21 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

That is all.

What is the biz side of the NBA? I don't even get that

That the money guys are going to play first, and there is something to that. However here I dont think its the case. I will say the coaching staff knows how good Dotson is and so will/does Perry. If he's as good as we hope you will see someone ahead of him traded for an asset. Either McD or Lee would be my thought. Possibly a combo of McD and KOQ's next cap friendly deals could get us a pick back. Dotson takes McD's minutes (If Dotson is ready) and Noah/Willy take's KOQ's minutes. Knicks get a first rounder or some other player/asset. Time will tell, but Dotson isnt there yet. Not after like 40 minutes.
Damyean Dodson Has A Better Shot and Basketball Instincts than THJr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy