[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So far from pre season CBB for the Knicks
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/12/2017  4:06 PM
Bagley's hands look to be VERY SUSPECT --- not impressed with Bagley at all so far.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2017  9:21 PM
I think Allen moved into top 5 tonight. He's got nba star guard written all over him
RIP Crushalot😞
LivingLegend

11/14/2017  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  10:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think Allen moved into top 5 tonight. He's got nba star guard written all over him

Nah - not even close to top 5 Briggs.

He is an outstanding college player and he should be a serviceable to solid pro.

Kids who jumped off page to me were T-Duvall and Jackson Jr from MSU.

Would be inter3sting if Knick’s jumped on Duval say in late lottery and we had 2 young PG like back in Jackson/Strickland days.

BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/14/2017  10:40 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think Allen moved into top 5 tonight. He's got nba star guard written all over him

He is an outstanding college player and he should be a serviceable to solid pro.

Would be inter3sting if Knick’s jumped on Duval say in late lottery and we had 2 young PG like back in Jackson/Strickland days.

Are you joking? Were u even around back then? Jackson/Strickland days were about 500 days. It lasted for 1 1/2 yrs. Pitino hated Strickland and shipped his ass out of here. What a mistake.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
11/14/2017  11:06 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

I've known about Duvall. Grayson Allen reminds me a lot of klay Thompson -- not THE star but in the right scenario a star in his own right. He's athletic he's a silky smooth shooter he can handle he's made for today's nba. Yeah he won't go 5 but that doesn't mean he won't be a top 5 player from the draft. God forbid he somehow goes to golden state

RIP Crushalot😞
LivingLegend

11/15/2017  12:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I've known about Duvall. Grayson Allen reminds me a lot of klay Thompson -- not THE star but in the right scenario a star in his own right. He's athletic he's a silky smooth shooter he can handle he's made for today's nba. Yeah he won't go 5 but that doesn't mean he won't be a top 5 player from the draft. God forbid he somehow goes to golden state

Issue is he really is NOT near the athlete Klay is and he will be a mediocre to poor athlete at the NBA level -- he is an outstanding but also a older college player.

I say he goes post lottery to 25 -- plus you have the issue of his attitude --- he is an easy kid to NOT like.

LivingLegend

11/15/2017  12:34 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Are you joking? Were u even around back then? Jackson/Strickland days were about 500 days. It lasted for 1 1/2 yrs. Pitino hated Strickland and shipped his ass out of here. What a mistake.

Been a fan since 69/70 -- I don't get your response.

I say drafting Duvall could be fun -- giving us 2 young PGs and use Jackson/Strickland as my example.

You ask me if I'm joking -- then you end your comment saying that trading Strickland was a big mistake.

So not sure I understand why you ask if I'm joking.

BRIGGS
11/15/2017  12:45 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Bagley's hands look to be VERY SUSPECT --- not impressed with Bagley at all so far.

Bagley has been awesome--I dont know who said he was like Odom--nothing like him at all.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2017  12:45 PM

Its early in the season and Briggs is like a 32 year old Arkansas Lawyer at a mall falling in love at every girl he sees!

LivingLegend

11/15/2017  3:50 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Bagley's hands look to be VERY SUSPECT --- not impressed with Bagley at all so far.

Bagley has been awesome--I dont know who said he was like Odom--nothing like him at all.

I don't know about Bagley -- watch his hands (lots of fumbles - trying to control ball) and lots of whacked shots that miss everything. I could be totally off on him - have to watch more as season progresses -- plus he is very young.

Agree with you on Odom -- trying to think -- reminds me right now of a bigger/clunkier version of both B-Wright/E-Davis --- also reminds me just a little bit of much-bigger Walter Berry.

LivingLegend

11/15/2017  3:54 PM
Nalod wrote:

Its early in the season and Briggs is like a 32 year old Arkansas Lawyer at a mall falling in love at every girl he sees!

Per ESPN article after last night -- I agree with the underlined -- this is no write up on a top 5 pick/talent. Allen is 22.

Allen's toughness and shooting stroke certainly have value at the NBA level, and he's in line for a huge senior season, but he'll still need to improve his finishing at the rim as well as his playmaking at times. He struggles to get by more athletic defenders in a half-court setting and he is a bit heavy-footed around the rim (4-of-9 from 2), without elite tools to fall back on. We weren't able to get a good look at Allen's defensive development, as Duke played zone all game long. All in all, the sharp-shooting guard more or less won the game for the Blue Devils, and he has shown that there's a spot in the NBA for a gutsy shot-maker like him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2017  4:08 PM
Allan is reincarnated JJ Redick. LOL!!. Has work to do. The kid is head case but that intensity if harnessed can be a plus. Top 5, Not without elite athletic skills.
He can shoot. Has an NBA game. I can't speak to his ceiling. Those were big boy shots he made last nite with pressure on him.
He wanted to celebrate but he was showing restraint. He is hated as much as any player for Duke.
Bagley, 3rd game, first against elite team and small sample. He left in first half?? Hard to really quantify him?
I'd have to say from experience watch a freshman player on the send half of the season. Middle of conference play and tournaments (League and march maddness). Looking at the last 10-15 games.
Thats when the competition is better and the kid is acclimating.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2017  5:41 PM
Nalod wrote:

Alabama?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

11/15/2017  6:12 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Alabama?

Haha! Or a Hollywood producer falling in love with every young wannabe actress.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/17/2017  7:08 PM
The Knicks need a SF going forward. I think where the Knicks draft they should take Jarred Vanderbilt. He has a handle and has the ideal length that the Knicks are shooting for 6’9. Comparison Lamar Odom.
BRIGGS
11/18/2017  4:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2017  4:38 AM
Vmart wrote:The Knicks need a SF going forward. I think where the Knicks draft they should take Jarred Vanderbilt. He has a handle and has the ideal length that the Knicks are shooting for 6’9. Comparison Lamar Odom.

Jalen Brunson-- I said I would've picked him 8 with our lottery pick and watching him yesterday nothing changes my mind. No one has him as a top 10 pick but me. He is a sleeper but sitting right in the open???? A pg who is so effecient makes everyone better makes his shots so f strong and smart-- good defender. A no brainer for a team who sees it. his teammate the othe M Bridges is also a top 20 maybe even 15 pick-- what a great cbb team. I felt like I was watching the gs warriors

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/19/2017  11:02 AM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Deandre AAyton
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

After first week just a few changes--moving Mikal Bridges into top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Porter
#4 Bamba
#5 K Knox
#6 Doncic
#7 M Bridges (mSu)
#8 G Allen
#9 Jalen Brunson
#9 Mikal Bridges (Villanova)

RIP Crushalot😞
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/19/2017  12:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Porter
#4 Bamba
#5 K Knox
#6 Doncic
#7 M Bridges (mSu)
#8 G Allen
#9 Jalen Brunson

Dont agree with either list. Especially if your going to base it on early season games. Early games are usually one sided and against much smaller programs. You have Aayton as #1? Think It will be tough to take Porter off NO. 1 and definately not in the first few games of the year. What about Diallo, Shamet, Williams(Despite suspension) and the best player on Ayton's team in Grier?

But the question to you is why do you think we will be picking in the top 10? The Knicks should be focused on 10 to 30 picks and 2nd rounders. I dont think we will be bad enough to have a chance at any of the top 10 picks.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
BRIGGS
11/19/2017  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2017  12:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Porter
#4 Bamba
#5 K Knox
#6 Doncic
#7 M Bridges (mSu)
#8 G Allen
#9 Jalen Brunson

Dont agree with either list. Especially if your going to base it on early season games. Early games are usually one sided and against much smaller programs. You have Aayton as #1? Think It will be tough to take Porter off NO. 1 and definately not in the first few games of the year. What about Diallo, Shamet, Williams(Despite suspension) and the best player on Ayton's team in Grier?

But the question to you is why do you think we will be picking in the top 10? The Knicks should be focused on 10 to 30 picks and 2nd rounders. I dont think we will be bad enough to have a chance at any of the top 10 picks.

lol--you want to wager that Aayton goes #1? Diallo has played ok --cant shoot it yet. Im not sure who Williams is. Trier has played great but I dont think he is a top 10 pick type.

RIP Crushalot😞
LivingLegend

11/20/2017  11:24 AM
Having seen very little of these 3 but more of other players I would put Bamba, Porter and Doncic as my top 3 in no particular order.

Aayton reminds me of Yinka Dare (lol - think someone else mentioned him)
Bagley fumbles every ball thrown to him and barely hits the rim on many shots.
Bridges shot worries me and his positional size/quickness at the 3.

As for Brunson/Allen in top 10 -- spitting out my coffee.

So far from pre season CBB for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy