Keep KP at 25 minutes tonight on B-B
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

11/8/2017  1:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  1:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

I'm probably older than you so please spare me the "schooling," Let me teach YOU something. You can't judge a player's strength solely by his build. KP is never going to look like Karl Malone but it is not an indication of his core strength. Also, Tim Duncan's game was a lot different than KP's. KP spends way more time on the perimeter than Duncan, so theoretically his body shouldn't take as much of a physical pounding as a player who spends most of his time in the low post.

A more comparable example would be Kevin Garnett who, after his rookie year, played 38-40 minutes every season until he turned 30 years old and played on an all-star level until age 36. If you want to go farther than that look at Kareem's career. How about Dirk? His minutes stayed between 36-39 until age 32. I could go on and on. So try to come up with a better rationale for your ridiculous 25 minutes per game restriction.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/8/2017  2:56 PM
i'm hering kp is questionable for tonight with a sprained ankle and elbow contusion
ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/8/2017  3:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:i'm hering kp is questionable for tonight with a sprained ankle and elbow contusion

NO, you read an article that said that. What, you like: "Yo man, word on the street is KP might be sitting out tonite"?

Note: see what fishmike wrote? He actually linked the article. You a lazy person? You can't reference?
Of course you can.
Nalod trolling you for truth!

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/8/2017  3:14 PM
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

I'm probably older than you so please spare me the "schooling," Let me teach YOU something. You can't judge a player's strength solely by his build. KP is never going to look like Karl Malone but it is not an indication of his core strength. Also, Tim Duncan's game was a lot different than KP's. KP spends way more time on the perimeter than Duncan, so theoretically his body shouldn't take as much of a physical pounding as a player who spends most of his time in the low post.

A more comparable example would be Kevin Garnett who, after his rookie year, played 38-40 minutes every season until he turned 30 years old and played on an all-star level until age 36. If you want to go farther than that look at Kareem's career. How about Dirk? His minutes stayed between 36-39 until age 32. I could go on and on. So try to come up with a better rationale for your ridiculous 25 minutes per game restriction.

Welpee how dare you compare hard facts with pithy platitudes. Everyone knows pithy wins

the Celtics Bird dynasty all played big minutes

naturally staff needs to be sensible about things, but arbitrary minutes restrictions???

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2017  4:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:i'm hering kp is questionable for tonight with a sprained ankle and elbow contusion

You saw it in his face--he got his arse kicked last night. Night off is fine by me.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/8/2017  4:20 PM
Let's put this thread in perspective.

The OP wanted to trade KP for a draft pick.

When that didn't happen the OP moved onto Hernangomez was the better long-term prospect.

Humiliated on both accounts, the OP is left with pure speculation about KP's health to demonstrate his analytical abilities.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/8/2017  4:24 PM

He might not be playing tonight. I saw he was questionable with elbow and ankle problems. I'd be fine with him getting a night off.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  4:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:Let's put this thread in perspective.

When that didn't happen the OP moved onto Hernangomez was the better long-term prospect.

Humiliated on both accounts, the OP is left with pure speculation about KP's health to demonstrate his analytical abilities.

Who's your audience here? Briggs throws every flavor of turd against every type of wall. Thats what he does. Sometimes it results in great threads. Other times its a joke. Play or dont, but maybe its time to just let go of your Briggs axe and move on to the Knicks? Cmon man... Its not a great look for you.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/8/2017  4:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

What the......... How do you know how strong KP is and how strong T.Duncan was 10 years ago? Duncan wasn't that big a guy, he was big but he wasn't no P.Ewing or even his twin tower partner D.Robinson. KP got much stronger this off season and is much stronger then he was last year. I of course have no way to say how strong he is or if he's stronger then Duncan was 10 years ago but neither do you. I'm sure Duncan was stronger but i don't think it was by much at all really.

BRIGGS
11/8/2017  4:39 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

What the......... How do you know how strong KP is and how strong T.Duncan was 10 years ago? Duncan wasn't that big a guy, he was big but he wasn't no P.Ewing or even his twin tower partner D.Robinson. KP got much stronger this off season and is much stronger then he was last year. I of course have no way to say how strong he is or if he's stronger then Duncan was 10 years ago but neither do you. I'm sure Duncan was stronger but i don't think it was by much at all really.

No way--Tim Duncan had incredible base strength even at WAke Forest. KPs legs are NO where near Duncans. Also KP is 7-3 Duncan prob 6-10. How many 7-3 guys playing 38 minutes 80 times? I dont think its brain science to monitor KP.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

11/8/2017  4:41 PM
fishmike wrote:

Who's your audience here?

People are responding to the specific idiotic premise. I'm simply taking a meta approach.

Play or dont, but maybe its time to just let go of your Briggs axe and move on to the Knicks? Cmon man... Its not a great look for you.

Don't care. I'm secure in the knowledge there's nothing I can genuinely post that's as bad as the looks routinely accepted here.

BRIGGS
11/8/2017  4:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:

People are responding to the specific idiotic premise. I'm simply taking a meta approach.

Play or dont, but maybe its time to just let go of your Briggs axe and move on to the Knicks? Cmon man... Its not a great look for you.

Don't care. I'm secure in the knowledge there's nothing I can genuinely post that's as bad as the looks routinely accepted here.

Let me see where you posted we should take KP with the 4th pick in the draft well before the draft. My post is there and its also there for Frank. I dont waste people's time posting about irrelevant jibber like you. No one is right all the time--Im certainly not. Would I have taken Josh Jackson Jayeln Brown and pick for Kp before the draft--yep. Oh yeah I dont see where you posted that KP would move up 20 notches in skill this year--in fact I dont see much of anything from you.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

11/8/2017  4:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Let me see where you posted we should take KP with the 4th pick in the draft well before the draft. My post is there and its also there for Frank. I dont waste people's time posting about irrelevant jibber like you. No one is right all the time--Im certainly not. Would I have taken Josh Jackson Jayeln Brown and pick for Kp before the draft--yep. Oh yeah I dont see where you posted that KP would move up 20 notches in skill this year--in fact I dont see much of anything from you.

Since you previously announced you put me on ignore, and because I know you wouldn't lie about something so stupid, I'm going to assume this response isn't genuine and ignore.

BRIGGS
11/8/2017  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  5:00 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Since you previously announced you put me on ignore, and because I know you wouldn't lie about something so stupid, I'm going to assume this response isn't genuine and ignore.

Unfortunately I can see the replies back to you and have the ability to monitor individual posts. Sorry and give everyone a break and stick to basketball and the TOS of the site. Your obnoxious and obvious rants are beneath such an intelligent guy like you If I follow the rules--so should you. This threads about KP's minutes.

RIP Crushalot😞
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/8/2017  5:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

No way--Tim Duncan had incredible base strength even at WAke Forest. KPs legs are NO where near Duncans. Also KP is 7-3 Duncan prob 6-10. How many 7-3 guys playing 38 minutes 80 times? I dont think its brain science to monitor KP.
So let me get this straight, you were the one to use Duncan as your example, now you're saying Duncan and KP are not comparable? Huh? And let's continue with your "logic," How many 7-3 guys are shooting threes? Based on your logic, since the answer is nobody that means KP shouldn't shoot threes? It doesn't take brain science to know that your theory didn't incorporate any brain science.
BRIGGS
11/8/2017  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  5:24 PM
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

So let me get this straight, you were the one to use Duncan as your example, now you're saying Duncan and KP are not comparable? Huh? And let's continue with your "logic," How many 7-3 guys are shooting threes? Based on your logic, since the answer is nobody that means KP shouldn't shoot threes? It doesn't take brain science to know that your theory didn't incorporate any brain science.

Im not comparing Tim Duncan and KP. Im saying KP should get the Tim Duncan treatment younger than TD started to because hes built lankier. KP with his injury and physical profile should not be pressed on back to backs. And if he gets games off from time to time--thats cool to.

RIP Crushalot😞
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/8/2017  5:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  5:34 PM
He is ??-able for tonight. Ankle and elbow. I think the KNicks are being wise with their superstar. (

KP plays hard and likes to fly thru the air to get that dunk or rebound. While its admirable, I get scared every time.

In general, I'd like to see KP kept to 32 mpg overall.

THis is why Beasley is important and he must score when KP is out. So far he is not doing that. For all his talk, not much to see.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/8/2017  5:36 PM
Update - KP is out for tonight.
Knickoftime

11/8/2017  5:53 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Your obnoxious and obvious rants are beneath such an intelligent guy like you

Might be. Your ignorant, hateful, xenophobic, racist, misogynistic, factually incorrect rants (of which you were suspended for) are beneath someone of average intelligence.

Sorry and give everyone a break and stick to basketball and the TOS of the site. If I follow the rules--so should you

You were for many years up until your suspension the most prolific poster of divisive off-topic threads on this forum. Let's not pretend this is some new found religion for you, this is the terms of your return - terms I haven't had to agree to because I haven't been suspended and had to plead my way back.

This threads about KP's minutes.

Neither of us know anything about the physiology of Porzingis other than he's really tall and have no real knowledge of how specific NBA minutes affect him, but only one of us seems to know that. You're trying to pass off superficial correlation as causation, and worse trying to put specific numbers to it.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2017  5:54 PM
Martin
Keep KP at 25 minutes tonight on B-B

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy