[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OKC v NYK: night and day
Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

11/8/2017  4:56 AM
NYK playing like a TEAM, 6-4 with all-world KP and his band of merry team players. OKC 4-6 and just dropped an ugly one to the 1-8 Kings. Love the quotes from OKC blogs...

From the Daily Thunder:
"From an x’s-and-o’s standpoint, the Thunder lacks anything remotely close to a plan on offense. The spacing is non-existent, the system hasn’t matched the personnel, and no one looks comfortable executing a set. There has been incredible amounts of iso-ball, followed by stretches of insane over-passing. For a team that should be eating open looks for breakfast, most of the attempts are anything but. On the flip side, the overall attitude needs to improve. Body language is bad and tempers have been flaring."

Huh. Sounds like the 2016 Knicks. Wonder why that is.

And from Thunderous Intentions, player grades after the Kings game:
"Melo, "I": The “I” stands for “ISO.” Not, “Hey Melo, ISO.” Because he’s doing enough of that. It’s, “Hey Melo, ISO want you to stop ISOing and taking bad shots.” ISO want someone to move off the ball when Melo starts to ISO as well."

Wonder if the OKC experiment will finally put to rest the stupid "you need three superstarts to win" thinking, and give way to "you need team players playing team ball to win" thinking.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/8/2017  5:11 AM
I said this before, Melo is great buddy, but terrible team leader, he is like energy vampire, he sucks out energy from teammates and nobody are playing good basketball
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/8/2017  7:11 AM
We smoked OKC in the Melo trade.
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/8/2017  7:38 AM
franco12 wrote:We smoked OKC in the Melo trade.

McDermott doing work during that Charlotte game!!!!!

Rose is not the answer.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/8/2017  7:52 AM
Knicks have, so far, exceeded my expectations but we ARE only 10 games into the season. I am trying to contain my excitement considering that we went 16-16 last year before the wheels fell off. Those of us who actually believe that OKC will continue to perform at this level is not being honest with themselves.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/8/2017  7:57 AM
Oh how happy and smug we are 10 games into the season... LMFAO

Just think, 3 whole weeks ago, every other thread was TANK TANK TANK....

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/8/2017  7:59 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:NYK playing like a TEAM, 6-4 with all-world KP and his band of merry team players. OKC 4-6 and just dropped an ugly one to the 1-8 Kings. Love the quotes from OKC blogs...

From the Daily Thunder:
"From an x’s-and-o’s standpoint, the Thunder lacks anything remotely close to a plan on offense. The spacing is non-existent, the system hasn’t matched the personnel, and no one looks comfortable executing a set. There has been incredible amounts of iso-ball, followed by stretches of insane over-passing. For a team that should be eating open looks for breakfast, most of the attempts are anything but. On the flip side, the overall attitude needs to improve. Body language is bad and tempers have been flaring."

Huh. Sounds like the 2016 Knicks. Wonder why that is.

And from Thunderous Intentions, player grades after the Kings game:
"Melo, "I": The “I” stands for “ISO.” Not, “Hey Melo, ISO.” Because he’s doing enough of that. It’s, “Hey Melo, ISO want you to stop ISOing and taking bad shots.” ISO want someone to move off the ball when Melo starts to ISO as well."

Wonder if the OKC experiment will finally put to rest the stupid "you need three superstarts to win" thinking, and give way to "you need team players playing team ball to win" thinking.

Hofstra you and your fellow travelers are need on the OKC forum urgently

They clearly misunderstand the situation and you need to correct them

Clearly Steve Adams and Roberson are not good defenders and Westbrook and George are not the type of all star help melo needs

(5)(5)
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/8/2017  8:07 AM
jrodmc wrote:Oh how happy and smug we are 10 games into the season... LMFAO

Just think, 3 whole weeks ago, every other thread was TANK TANK TANK....

How is anybody being smug? Its obvious the team looks much better now then it has in a long time and fans are happy about it...nothing wrong with that
jrodmc
USA
11/8/2017  8:11 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:Wonder if the OKC experiment will finally put to rest the stupid "you need three superstarts to win" thinking, and give way to "you need team players playing team ball to win" thinking.

Yes, please advise Golden State and LeQ-land of that fact at once. They may have missed the dazzling logic of your Melohate train 10 whole games into the season.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/8/2017  8:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  8:27 AM
jrodmc wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:Wonder if the OKC experiment will finally put to rest the stupid "you need three superstarts to win" thinking, and give way to "you need team players playing team ball to win" thinking.

Yes, please advise Golden State and LeQ-land of that fact at once. They may have missed the dazzling logic of your Melohate train 10 whole games into the season.

Golden State is playing as a team first. The fact that they also have superstars makes them the Champs.
But without being great team first they will never get there.
Melo is a piece of 0 value. He compensates his lack of defense and team play with incredible offensive talent.
But as his NBA time is at the tail end his offensive game will not be good enough to make him plus player anymore.
Westbrook is a superman but his play-making IQ is average. He is not the one to manage 3 disjoint star situation.
OKC will have tough time to make the playoffs in loaded conference and Westbrook will be the only reason for them to make it.
He may get upset from the luck of support and rightfully so and just bolt to better situation.
Melo will be great as sidekick for Bron or Harden if he would get opportunity and embrace the secondary role.
That why he wanted to go to Cle or Rockets. He always was smart to pick a team to achieve his goals.
But life is a bitch...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/8/2017  8:26 AM
jrodmc are you still on the Melolove train? why?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jrodmc
USA
11/8/2017  8:32 AM
Cartman718 wrote:jrodmc are you still on the Melolove train? why?

It's just so spacious and luxurious now. It's almost like a private jet.

Plus, it's funny watching all these posts from Melohaters who swore they could care less about him once he was gone.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/8/2017  8:35 AM
You have to admit, right now, the Knicks made out much better. We have two young players that are playing their 'Roles" extremely well. Kanter is our best Hustle guy and rebounder. Mcbuckets is our best offensive spark off the bench. Not to mention they have both improved in what was said to be their weakness..defense. OKC is still in "figuring how to play as a team" mode. Watching their games its clear to see that each one of the big three thinks they have to do everything on their own. Their offense has NO movement. Everytime PG, Melo or Westbrook get the ball the others just stand still away form the action. Westbrook is playing like Derrick Rose plus some stat padding dimes and boards. They just dont have the role players and pieces that seem to fit on offense. Dont know if its the coaching setting plays or the players doing their own thing but they look lost on offense. We also look much younger and capable.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/8/2017  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  8:42 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:You have to admit, right now, the Knicks made out much better. We have two young players that are playing their 'Roles" extremely well. Kanter is our best Hustle guy and rebounder. Mcbuckets is our best offensive spark off the bench. Not to mention they have both improved in what was said to be their weakness..defense. OKC is still in "figuring how to play as a team" mode. Watching their games its clear to see that each one of the big three thinks they have to do everything on their own. Their offense has NO movement. Everytime PG, Melo or Westbrook get the ball the others just stand still away form the action. Westbrook is playing like Derrick Rose plus some stat padding dimes and boards. They just dont have the role players and pieces that seem to fit on offense. Dont know if its the coaching setting plays or the players doing their own thing but they look lost on offense. We also look much younger and capable.
for sure. Look I admit at first I wasn't thrilled with the return even though I didn't think melo had much value anyway anymore. HOWEVER its clear the Knicks made out terrific. Kanter is a great compliment to KP, Mcdermont looks like he starting to fufill his promise he had as a high pick, and don't forget we have a very high 2nd rounder which is valuable from that trade. As for OKC I personally don't think they have enough to go too far. westbrook is a monster and George is a very good two way player. Melo is what he is. But he is also almost 34 and not gonna be the scorer he was and he doesnt do much else unfortunetly for them. I cant say for sur ethe knicks are gonna go far this year but I definetly feel they got the better of the deal.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/8/2017  8:50 AM
It's early. The +57 point differential suggests OKC is playing much better than their record and playing at an elite level. The record is obviously bad though.
arkrud
USA
11/8/2017  8:52 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:You have to admit, right now, the Knicks made out much better. We have two young players that are playing their 'Roles" extremely well. Kanter is our best Hustle guy and rebounder. Mcbuckets is our best offensive spark off the bench. Not to mention they have both improved in what was said to be their weakness..defense. OKC is still in "figuring how to play as a team" mode. Watching their games its clear to see that each one of the big three thinks they have to do everything on their own. Their offense has NO movement. Everytime PG, Melo or Westbrook get the ball the others just stand still away form the action. Westbrook is playing like Derrick Rose plus some stat padding dimes and boards. They just dont have the role players and pieces that seem to fit on offense. Dont know if its the coaching setting plays or the players doing their own thing but they look lost on offense. We also look much younger and capable.
for sure. Look I admit at first I wasn't thrilled with the return even though I didn't think melo had much value anyway anymore. HOWEVER its clear the Knicks made out terrific. Kanter is a great compliment to KP, Mcdermont looks like he starting to fufill his promise he had as a high pick, and don't forget we have a very high 2nd rounder which is valuable from that trade. As for OKC I personally don't think they have enough to go too far. westbrook is a monster and George is a very good two way player. Melo is what he is. But he is also almost 34 and not gonna be the scorer he was and he doesnt do much else unfortunetly for them. I cant say for sur ethe knicks are gonna go far this year but I definetly feel they got the better of the deal.

NY bbal needs The Team and need The Hope...
We are witnessing this to finally materialize.
It will take time to became a top team but we have a good start first time in many years.
Shortcuts are sometimes work but they are never sustainable and never enjoyable for long.
What OKC did is a gamble to keep Westbrook from leaving the town. Melo is the panic move for them.
They should have stop at PG trade. Sometimes it is wise to not overdue things.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

11/8/2017  8:59 AM
jrodmc wrote:

The point is that mixing "superstars" is not a successful plan. OKC is currently showing that. I'm sure they'll work it out and make it to playoffs, but they'll only get there if they start playing team ball. Can they do that? Jury out.

And this is more a shadenfreude thread than a melohate thread. But so far we are seeing that TEAM concepts work better than ISO dominant approaxh.

It's ok to love the way we're playing and feel a little justified in believing that Clyde-style team ball is what the NYK needed to bring us back to relevance.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/8/2017  9:00 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Knicks have, so far, exceeded my expectations but we ARE only 10 games into the season. I am trying to contain my excitement considering that we went 16-16 last year before the wheels fell off. Those of us who actually believe that OKC will continue to perform at this level is not being honest with themselves.

yeah, im trying to curb my excitement as well, because we were 500 or above the first 2 months of the last 2 seasons. I think the problem with okc is that they are top heavy and the bench is super suspect.

whooa--Frosty #s last night for their big 3

Melo-4-17
Pg13-4-16
WB -7-21

kp-8-13

ES
jrodmc
USA
11/8/2017  9:13 AM
arkrud wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

Golden State is playing as a team first. The fact that they also have superstars makes them the Champs.
But without being great team first they will never get there.
Melo is a piece of 0 value. He compensates his lack of defense and team play with incredible offensive talent.
But as his NBA time is at the tail end his offensive game will not be good enough to make him plus player anymore.
Westbrook is a superman but his play-making IQ is average. He is not the one to manage 3 disjoint star situation.
OKC will have tough time to make the playoffs in loaded conference and Westbrook will be the only reason for them to make it.
He may get upset from the luck of support and rightfully so and just bolt to better situation.
Melo will be great as sidekick for Bron or Harden if he would get opportunity and embrace the secondary role.
That why he wanted to go to Cle or Rockets. He always was smart to pick a team to achieve his goals.
But life is a bitch...

It's funny, 10 games in, and the scoring balance is exactly even between OKC's big three, and Melo's taking mostly high percentage 2 point shots, which I know, is not the way the league works, but PG is doing most of the hoisting from 3...
Suddenly now in your world, PG is just another also ran talent? When did that happen?

Interesting point about lack of support, but I don't know how Westbrook's going to make that case. What was the OKC front office supposed to do? Get Lebron and bring back Durant?
They've given him two HOF level scorers to run up his assist numbers with.

Is Minny really that good? They've lost two close games to them already...

arkrud
USA
11/8/2017  9:15 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Knicks have, so far, exceeded my expectations but we ARE only 10 games into the season. I am trying to contain my excitement considering that we went 16-16 last year before the wheels fell off. Those of us who actually believe that OKC will continue to perform at this level is not being honest with themselves.

yeah, im trying to curb my excitement as well, because we were 500 or above the first 2 months of the last 2 seasons. I think the problem with okc is that they are top heavy and the bench is super suspect.

whooa--Frosty #s last night for their big 3

Melo-4-17
Pg13-4-16
WB -7-21

kp-8-13

Wonder if Melo ever had 28 points on 13 shots...
KP looked really tired yesterday but still had major impact on the game on both ends.
KP personality alone makes teammates play on another level.
There are things that cannot be learned.
They just there or not.

OKC v NYK: night and day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy