[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Welcome home Doug McDermott
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/8/2017  11:21 AM
Where is Triple Threat with his 3 page dissertation about how this guy is a waste of a roster space, how because he had a bad rookie year he can't ever improve ( even with a new system) , he is too slow for the NBA, etc, etc ? ( all the reasons he gave for Trey Burke. I explained why it is worth a try to have him play in the G league. Nothing to lose)
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/8/2017  11:33 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I know it's early, but Dougie McBuckets looks like the future at SF... I am a lot less interested in tanking for a SF now that McB is shooting -- and balling -- like that. He very well could develop a complete game. Love it

Well said. Completely agree.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2017  11:50 AM
I like Mcdermott more as a sixth or 7th man. Im not sure his highest ceiling is a starter but who cares--its the defectiveness he brings thats important.
RIP Crushalot😞
JamaicanJetFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2297
USA
11/8/2017  12:16 PM
Doug should start over Lee.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  12:21 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Where is Triple Threat with his 3 page dissertation about how this guy is a waste of a roster space, how because he had a bad rookie year he can't ever improve ( even with a new system) , he is too slow for the NBA, etc, etc ? ( all the reasons he gave for Trey Burke. I explained why it is worth a try to have him play in the G league. Nothing to lose)
he's busy writing a response that this is premature, and that anyone who like McBuckets would probably give a girl a wedding ring after the first blowjob (no mention of the blowjob being good or not).

I dont know if he's our SF for the next 5 years, but he's showing he can be a good player for us. He reminds me of Wally. He's been good at everything. He struggled on D a bit early on but you could really see his frustration when he missed an assignment. It seems his work has earned the trust of the coaches and I while Lance plays good D, you need to score some points. McD has been great scoring of the bench. I could even see him playing that important role of 6th man scorer. Those guys (see Monk/McD last night) absolutely win/lose you games.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  12:23 PM
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Doug should start over Lee.
Lee is a better defender. McD is a better scorer. McD plays with Frank a lot and I think you really need McD's offense in the 2nd unit. Lee is a better defender and put spot up guy. He fits great next to KP. I like McBuckets getting a ton of touches with the 2nd group.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/8/2017  12:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:i will gladly say that i was a big proponent of our acquisition of dougie mcbuckets. he's had a tough time adjusting to the nba game since coming into the league, but his college career, alone, was enough for me to know that this kid can play. i never thought i'd see him playing defense the way that he is right now, but i always thought the offense would be there. he's spreading the floor beautifully and is has been a huge reason for the success of our second unit. he's a coach's son, you know he knows how to play the game the right way and would keep working until he got things right. very impressed by him so far this year.
Also makes Kuz expendable (and Beasley for that matter). Though I have to admit I wish we could've kept Justin Holiday.

Especially with THJr signed and Dotson drafted, not sure why. Loved Holiday as a player who gave effort but he was never a plus player. Still can't shoot and his D is barely passable for a winning team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/8/2017  1:29 PM
McDermott has been good. Yes another young former 1st round pick. Very high basketball IQ.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/8/2017  1:39 PM
Finally seemed like the advertised great shooter last night. Let's hope it's his finally gettting comfortable, and not the mark of another streaky player.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/8/2017  3:22 PM
After making a post a few weeks ago questioning what happened to McBucket's college game - and whether he even had an NBA future, he's really come through over the past 3-5 games. He's not just "moving without the ball" and not shooting.

Now he's receiving the ball and making big shots. Whether it's the PG change (Jack and Ntilikina have done a fantastic job getting everyone on the floor involved) or Doug is just feeling more confident, he's looking nice a productive rotation player.

Plays D, he's on the right spots on the floor at the right time (for the most part as Hornacek might say)... and now, he's showing flashes of being a dangerous situational shooter.

Good job Doug! Hope you enjoy playing here and are willing to sign a fair contract to play with KP and pals.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Welcome home Doug McDermott

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy